I claim this bounty in the name of #TV-Nihon! Arrr
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Goseiger | Gokaiger | AkibaRanger >
Flare Phoenix
7X

Re: Gokai 37 released

Post by Flare Phoenix »

Kalsembar wrote:What a cliffhanger! Almost 40 episodes into the series and the Gokaigers suffer their first major defeat!

/My musings...
I wouldn't say first... Basco defeated them with the six ranger clones in episode 15, and himself in episode 31.
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

I don't really understand Marvelous's issue with the word "protect". I understand why he has reverence for the word and doesn't take it's use lightly, but why does he think protection always requires sacrifice? If it weren't for him and his crew, the Earth would have been wiped out several times over. They may not have suffered any casualties, but they've still put their lives on the line again and again, just like AkaRed did. Marvelous isn't a stupid guy, why can't he see that?
Kalsembar wrote: Doc's (or is it Don for good since Gai is a jerk?) reaction to Marvelous after their "Curve Ball" change is hilarious.
Didn't notice that until you pointed it out... but I did notice him practicing his golf putt with Signalman's weapon right after that.

Way to further the stereotype, "Doc". :lol:

(I admit it, the stereotype is not completely without basis. My own father is a doctor, and a few of his colleagues over the years have also been his golf buddies. :lol: )
Knight of L-sama
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: It is a place that dwells in the memory of those who still dream of its ancient glory. A world revered for its beauty, mystery and danger. On a planet of endless adventure such a land is known as El-Hazard. If your spirit has wings to travel, even across the breadth of a thousand, million night, imagination will guide the way and the gates of El-Hazard will always be open to you.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Knight of L-sama »

You know I was just thinking... I think the Great Waruzu is one of the lightest suits that I've ever seen in a Super Sentai mecha fight. While my knowledge of Super Sentai is hardly encyclopaedic the only time I can think of a lighter outfit being used in a fight was when Dragon Ranger was enlarged to fight in Zyuranger before he got Dragon Ceasar... and that I only know of because Power Rangers re-used the footage.

Other observations on the fight.

Luka was really getting into it as Zuuban
Nice to see the BullBlack in action... but what button did Gai press on his Gokai Cellular?
Signalman was about right for Doc
Marvelous rocked as Wolzard Fire.

But now I'm wondering which one Joe would have picked? Rio maybe? (Kind of wished to see either Rio or Mele in there. As long as it wasn't Doc using them).
Welcome to the Sea of Chaos!
Irish Ranger
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com

Post by Irish Ranger »

Joe probably would have picked Deka Master.
KamenGamer
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: Henshin
Quote: I think therefore I am

Post by KamenGamer »

what would the goakigers grand power be? doesn't great waizor whatever look like something out of boukenger? so all his higness wants to do is prove himself to his father that's respectible i guess even if he is evil. i wonder how many uses they're going to get out of malachon and engine gokai-oh.
Kalsembar
Gao
Favorite series: Dairanger
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Sentai
Quote: "Let's Morphin'!"

Post by Kalsembar »

Flare Phoenix wrote:I wouldn't say first... Basco defeated them with the six ranger clones in episode 15, and himself in episode 31.
Oh yeah, Basco's true form. I never could take him seriously until then. Sure he gave the Gokaigers trouble, but...that hat...no way I could believe a guy in that hat could actually WIN. :lol:
TBustah!
Mega

Post by TBustah! »

Knight of L-sama wrote:You know I was just thinking... I think the Great Waruzu is one of the lightest suits that I've ever seen in a Super Sentai mecha fight. While my knowledge of Super Sentai is hardly encyclopaedic the only time I can think of a lighter outfit being used in a fight was when Dragon Ranger was enlarged to fight in Zyuranger before he got Dragon Ceasar... and that I
You're probably right.

Unless you count the monster of the week in episode 14 of Boukenger, who briefly turned into a giant copy of Masumi during the mecha fight. But it was only for a moment, he returned to his true form after a single body check from Super Daibouken.
neonblue2
Gabu
Favorite series: A lot
My boom: Kitties!

Post by neonblue2 »

TBustah! wrote:Unless you count the monster of the week in episode 14 of Boukenger, who briefly turned into a giant copy of Masumi during the mecha fight. But it was only for a moment, he returned to his true form after a single body check from Super Daibouken.
Aww, had I got here sooner, I was going to say that. I only just saw that episode the other day.

MotW (as Masumi): In this form, you can't attack me! *Laughs*
Natsuki: He's too big. That's not Masumi. Beat him! Beat him!
Masumi: Eh...? :shock:
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

Kalsembar wrote:I guess I always just assumed that the Gokaiger Grand Power was going to be whatever the "greatest treasure in the universe" turns out to actually be. Dunno what else it could possibly be, other than maybe summoning and/or restoring all the previous Sentai, once again.

Did anyone else pick up on the different music during the first fight with Barizog etc? Even the henshin sequence seemed subdued. Maybe because of Marvelous' mood?

Doc's (or is it Don for good since Gai is a jerk?) reaction to Marvelous after their "Curve Ball" change is hilarious. Luka's exchange with the Elite guard is funny too - classic.

Joe and Barizog continue to stalemate...will the student to ever surpass the master!

Much love for the Star Trek panels!

What a cliffhanger! Almost 40 episodes into the series and the Gokaigers suffer their first major defeat!

/My musings...
It's to signal the Gokaigers loss. Watch pretty much any of the seasons. When the normal henshin/battle music doesn't play. The team is gonna get it's butt wiped.
TBustah! wrote:
Knight of L-sama wrote:You know I was just thinking... I think the Great Waruzu is one of the lightest suits that I've ever seen in a Super Sentai mecha fight. While my knowledge of Super Sentai is hardly encyclopaedic the only time I can think of a lighter outfit being used in a fight was when Dragon Ranger was enlarged to fight in Zyuranger before he got Dragon Ceasar... and that I
You're probably right.

Unless you count the monster of the week in episode 14 of Boukenger, who briefly turned into a giant copy of Masumi during the mecha fight. But it was only for a moment, he returned to his true form after a single body check from Super Daibouken.
You forgot Senpuujin Hurrier? And it's Zargain rip off.
Last edited by archer9234 on Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TBustah!
Mega

Post by TBustah! »

neonblue2 wrote: Aww, had I got here sooner, I was going to say that. I only just saw that episode the other day.
Me too, actually. I'm only just now watching the show for the first time, alternating with episodes of Go-Onger (which I only watched to episode 10 during it's original run). I'm just getting to the arrival of BoukenSilver at the moment.

I wish I'd given Boukenger a shot a long time ago, it may actually be my new favorite 21st century season. It must be all the history and mythology, I'm a sucker for that stuff.
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

Oh, nice question, MachFalcon. Maybe it'll be their super forms... They are kinda late. Then again they only recently got their bazooka... Maybe that's what they'll use against Gil's mecha. But it migh be a new mecha, since super forms would mean they wouldn't use ranger keys that much.

So Gai can use the bazooka too. I wonder when we'll see other keys in the main lock.

LOL @ Luka mocking the Dogormin.

This ep was awesome. Joe x Barizorg was very cool and using the extra keys was pretty nice.

There was also a lot of character development moments, with Gil, Guy and Mabe.
09MurphyM
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by 09MurphyM »

Flare Phoenix wrote:
Kalsembar wrote:What a cliffhanger! Almost 40 episodes into the series and the Gokaigers suffer their first major defeat!

/My musings...
I wouldn't say first... Basco defeated them with the six ranger clones in episode 15, and himself in episode 31.
I think their first major defeat was the first part of the shinkenger tribute.
Ambadi
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Quote: Hade ni... KITAAAAAA!!!!!!!

Post by Ambadi »

Knight of L-sama wrote:
Luka was really getting into it as Zuuban
Nice to see the BullBlack in action... but what button did Gai press on his Gokai Cellular?
Seriously what button did Gai press? Seeing Gokai Cellular I was starting to think he can only change into sentai sixth warriors (and AbareKiller) now he can also become Black Knight!

Does this mean Zubaan is female?

Although this episode did feature the first major Mecha defeat though. This really signals the debut of a new mech if nothing else does,
Spoiler
maybe it's Gokaiger's greater power?
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Zuuban is not female. Zuuban has no gender officially but most likely would be male.
TBustah!
Mega

Post by TBustah! »

Yeah, Zuuban isn't any more female than Gunpei is. Ahim is usually the one to use Go-On Black when they use the Go-Onger keys, after all.

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”