Wiki Link

< Goseiger | Gokaiger | AkibaRanger >
Shado Kabuto
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Faiz Kabuto Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O Deka Magi Bou

Re: Gokai 38 released

Post by Shado Kabuto »

It was a cool ass episode. Joe finally freed his mentor's soul from Barizorg. Marvelous' ''death'' scene and Joe's were kinda nice. Everybody was second guessing on why Marvelous try to protect them. The new mecha was cool a bit bulky but nonetheless cool.
I walk the path of HEAVENS
Thanks Guile for the Kabuto Avy's and Signatures
thanks bauffie for the sig.
redwhitesentai
7X
Favorite series: boukenger
2nd Favorite Series: dekaranger
Dreamy: bouken pink
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: hmm.. I'll think about it
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by redwhitesentai »

and is this the only episode without Gokaiger transform into other sentai team?

Kinda missed Waruzu, he was such funny guys.

Gavan!!
HIDragonstar
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Garo, Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Fuuma no Kojiro
Dreamy: Kaoru, Kotoha,Wakana
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by HIDragonstar »

Catastrophe wrote:And the ultimate finishing attack of this robot is a rocket punch.

Looks like Mazinger is far more technologically advanced then I thought.
I saw that also and was thinking "ROCKET PUNCH!"

I also just realized something, Gao Gokai-oh was familiar. I think I figured out why since I went back to Mazinger for a bit.

Looks like they turn into Archduke Gorgon from Mazinger.

I'm not sure about using Machalcon. I still dislike Go-Onger and don't really feel they should have such a huge part of the Gokaiger's GrandPower/Form. I'd rather have it made out of ALL the previous mechas, but such would have been a dream.
redwhitesentai wrote:and is this the only episode without Gokaiger transform into other sentai team?
I do believe your right! Perhaps it could be they are now relying on their own powers instead of the power of the previous sentai. That is what I'm hoping.

Spoiler
Metal Heroes? That is old! Where is the Kikaida Crossover, or the Inazuman? I know that was supposed to have been in another movie right? I want to see the ones when I was still growing up!! (Shows how old I am...)
People say that the real world isn't black or white, its shades of gray. I prefer to think its a rainbow spectrum, when any color is dark enough, its black, when any color is light enough, its white. Yet, there is a spectrum of cultures and values.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

HIDragonstar wrote: I'm not sure about using Machalcon. I still dislike Go-Onger and don't really feel they should have such a huge part of the Gokaiger's GrandPower/Form. I'd rather have it made out of ALL the previous mechas, but such would have been a dream.
It is a homage to all the mascot characters that could combine with the mecha and take part in the giant battles.

Go-Onger is actually a very important series in the recent history of super sentai. Interest in super sentai was waning while Gekiranger aired. The ratings and toy sales were a lot lower than anticipated because it did little to cater towards little kids. The franchise has endured throughout the years because of this crucial demographic. Toei set out to reverse this trend with Go-Onger and it worked. Love it or hate it, you can find signs of Go-Onger's influence today. I could try listing all of them but that would turn into a long essay.
Sefiros
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade
Dreamy: Coto Pablo
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Sorbo
Favorite Band: Various
My boom: Henshin
Quote: "Life must be experienced, not taught."

Post by Sefiros »

Arigomi wrote:It is a homage to all the mascot characters that could combine with the mecha and take part in the giant battles.
The 199 Sentai Movie was supposed to feature a mecha combined from all previous mecha but the idea was scrapped. Too bad. It's also no surprise for me to wish there will be more mecha combos such as GouJyuShinkenGokaiOh (or different Kanzan Modes) or a support mecha-combo like the IkuTengu Buster. One can only hope.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

redwhitesentai wrote:and is this the only episode without Gokaiger transform into other sentai team?
You're wrong. Episodes 15 and 16 didn't featured no transformations into other Sentai teams.
TorchWood
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Pirate Sentai GoKaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Special Operations Squadron Go-Busters
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Post by TorchWood »

I'm trying to avoid the spoilers here (I still haven't seen 37), but hats all to all those involved in the quick turnaround for this weeks episode. This is on top of the normal THANK YOU for the weekly process of translation, timing, encoding, QCing, and so on of the shows here at TV-Nihon.
Something happening on a show turns into a board comment.
friendlyquark
7X
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Bruce Banner
Favorite Actor?: Jet Li
Favorite Band: Imogen Heap
My boom: writing
Quote: Ca va, go-busters?

Post by friendlyquark »

I am not sure that the white background seems to indicate that Aka Red might not be actually dead. After all, the other sixth rangers showed up in a white background and I am pretty sure that all of them were dead. I do think though that Aka Red may not be able to die. When he told Marvey-chan that "You' aren't me" I was wondering if he meant that as the "spirit of all the reds" he can do the sacrificial move because he CAN'T be killed, whereas Marvelous, being only mortal, cannot pull that stunt.

Joe's fight was freaking epic. I am glad that Barizorg didn't get his mind back at the end, that would have sucked for Joe after he'd been told that there was no way to bring back Sid's mind.
Flare Phoenix
7X

Post by Flare Phoenix »

Phoenix512 wrote:
You're wrong. Episodes 15 and 16 didn't featured no transformations into other Sentai teams.
Well Don did transform into ShinkenGreen in episode 16, but I'm not sure if that counts.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I forgot about that but my point still stands that this wasn't the only episode where no Gokai Changes occurred.
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

This episode was pretty cool. I liked the Joe/Barizorg fight a lot. To see the resolution to this storyline was fitting although I don't get that the fact that we saw Barizorg's original ghost form after he died. It reminded me of young Anakin Skywalker being inserted in RotJ. Marvelous keeps thinking that AkaRed is dead. What if he is not a real person? Lol...The mecha combinations continue to go crazy. I can't keep up with the forms anymore and I'm sure the suit actors inside the mecha costumes have a hard time walking in them.
KamenGamer
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: Henshin
Quote: I think therefore I am

Post by KamenGamer »

lots of enemies die this episode and a new gattai appears but why is it made from an engine soul what does go-onger have to do with gokaigers grand power?
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

Considering Warz has been mostly comic relief up to now it's good to see that the writer's actually give him, Barizorg, & Damarasu development actually gives more weight to the death scenes.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”