TaelonZ
7X
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Akibaranger
Alignment: Neutral
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Re: Gokai 38 released

Post by TaelonZ »

*Sees Kanzen Gokai-Oh* *Looks at Energon Era Prowl attached to the bottom of something* *Realizes that people have run out of ideas*

Neat episode, honestly not sure if I'm really keen on using something from another series in their grand power, though he does have marks of gokaiger instead of go-onger. (just look at the end of the go-onger arc, its there)

So yea, since its been said in the open. . . didn't metal heroes end like 15 odd years ago or did I just miss something?
Sefiros
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade
Dreamy: Coto Pablo
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Sorbo
Favorite Band: Various
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Henshin
Quote: "Life must be experienced, not taught."

Post by Sefiros »

We already have the ultimate mecha and we're 10-15 episodes away from the finale. They should have saved the ultimate mech for the last battle. I'm disappointed. They should have more mech combos with the first two mechs - GouJyuShinkenOh, or GouJyuMagiGokaiOh. Or at least a GouJyuGokai that features more than GouJyu's arm swap. Maybe something like the face mask of GouJyu becoming a new head-mask for GokaiOh. Anyone else have a problem with this?
Flare Phoenix
7X

Post by Flare Phoenix »

TaelonZ wrote:*Sees Kanzen Gokai-Oh* *Looks at Energon Era Prowl attached to the bottom of something* *Realizes that people have run out of ideas*

Neat episode, honestly not sure if I'm really keen on using something from another series in their grand power, though he does have marks of gokaiger instead of go-onger. (just look at the end of the go-onger arc, its there)

So yea, since its been said in the open. . . didn't metal heroes end like 15 odd years ago or did I just miss something?
Well Machfalcon was never actually in Go-Onger himself; he is just based on Go-Onger. If I recall correctly, they specifically say he is joining as a part of the Gokaiger crew rather than someone who simply helps them out from time to time (i.e. Furraimaru helps the Gokaigers out, but he is not considered a Gokaiger himself).
Magenta
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Fourze
2nd Favorite Series: Boukenger
Dreamy: Nozama
Favorite Actor?: Takehito Koyasu
Favorite Band: 765 Productions
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Robots. Always.

Post by Magenta »

Sefiros wrote:We already have the ultimate mecha and we're 10-15 episodes away from the finale. They should have saved the ultimate mech for the last battle. I'm disappointed. They should have more mech combos with the first two mechs - GouJyuShinkenOh, or GouJyuMagiGokaiOh. Or at least a GouJyuGokai that features more than GouJyu's arm swap. Maybe something like the face mask of GouJyu becoming a new head-mask for GokaiOh. Anyone else have a problem with this?
IT'S ALMOST LIKE THIS IS HOW SENTAI DOES THINGS OR SOMETHING

what's the point in making a toy right near the end when you don't have ample opportunities to hammer it into kids' minds that they need to buy it
ima sugu shutsudoukable
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

While touching to see Warazu mourn Barizorg, and Damarasu mourn Warazu, it completely contradicts Joe's epiphany that Zangyack doesn't care about it's own.

Seriously, what the heck? It's almost insulting to the audience.

Spoiler
I already knew about the Megaranger ep, and I'm looking forward to it. It doesn't look like Kenta's changed much (nor has Hayato Ōshiba aged much), but what's up with the hair? He looks like he's wearing jheri curl! :lol: That, and I really can't see Kenta coming back as a teacher, especially not (presumably, from that lab coat) in the sciences. Tommy becoming a scientist didn't make much sense either, I guess the writers are taking a leaf from Dino Thunder's book. :lol: That's only a half joke, considering Koichi Sakamoto is on the crew for this show. All joking aside, it's great to see Kenta, I was hoping they'd do Megaranger, and that he'd be the cameo.

Also, a Gavan crossover? Really? Talk about arbitrarily random, that show's almost 30 years old and there hasn't been a new Metal Heroes series in over a decade. They'd be better off doing crossover with one of Toei's current anime. At least it'd be something that kids know.
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

LOL @ Gai freaking out when Luka surprises him.

So, Joe's fight was good, but that scene with Cid wasn't it would've been better if Barizorg remembered who he was before dying and said those stuff.

Mabe's scene with Akaranger wasn't that good too, but since it was a dream, it's easier to let it slide.

Didn't like the new mecha. Too bulky. But the rocket punch finisher was ok.

Didn't think they'd really kill Gil. I knew the emperor would come eventually, but I thought it would be due to Gil's failure. I'll miss him. And Barizorg.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Sefiros wrote:We already have the ultimate mecha and we're 10-15 episodes away from the finale. They should have saved the ultimate mech for the last battle. I'm disappointed. They should have more mech combos with the first two mechs - GouJyuShinkenOh, or GouJyuMagiGokaiOh. Or at least a GouJyuGokai that features more than GouJyu's arm swap. Maybe something like the face mask of GouJyu becoming a new head-mask for GokaiOh. Anyone else have a problem with this?
You really haven't watched most recent Sentai or otherwise you would know that they come out with the ultimate mecha combinations around this point. Take a look at Go-Onger and Shinkenger for this point.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

I've always wondered if Gokaiger's Grand Power is the power to combine everything... But they just used 5 Grand Power to summon Kanzen GokaiOh.

They could use 1 part of Magi GokaiOh, Deka GokaiOh, Shinken GokaiOh, Hurricane GokaiOh, GoJyujin and Machalcon and combine. But that will be a mecha overload, I guess.

Is it my imagination, or does Toei already sold previous costume for _____ GokaiOh? Gokaiger haven't called Deka GokaiOh since, Magi GokaiOh and Fuuraimaru just use the old CGI footage (no real ver. spotted) and Shinken GokaiOh seems like a history...
Sefiros
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade
Dreamy: Coto Pablo
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Sorbo
Favorite Band: Various
My boom: Henshin
Quote: "Life must be experienced, not taught."

Post by Sefiros »

I have watched those series. It's just I expected more. Maybe they'll do a Sky-Lands-Sea Gosei Great combo with the Gokai Machines. I just like the combining.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Ah man... That was, it feels like it took so long for them to get a combo mech, or to finish that toddler up. We're getting closer and closer to the end of this, less it's like, a season and a half long ><.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM
Faiz
Favorite series: Garo/Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Kabuto/Blade
Dreamy: Takanashi Rin
Favorite Band: Too many to list
My boom: Gundam
Quote: We're not tools of the government or anyone elses. Fighting was the only thing i was good at, but at least i fought for what i believed in.-Gray Fox

Post by ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM »

I guess its fitting that Machalcon had a duel purpose to form the cluster mech. Thought it would be more over the top than Samurai Ha-Oh or Engine-Oh G12 but oh well it still looks neat. And hey Finger missles :D

Loved the final fight with Barizorg, the effects with Joe's suit dissolving while trying to stop his sword slash's was just wow.

Preview
Spoiler
MEGARANGER! and Basco w00t. I guess Metal Heroes thrown in the mix could be interesting.
We Begin The Armed Intervention with Gundam
Biogirl
Go Go!
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider...Kabuto
Favorite Actor?: Yamamoto Yusuke
Favorite Band: Funky Monkey Babys
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Otoko nara darekano tameni tsuyoku nare. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h5OlXS8IzI

Post by Biogirl »

Aww, I actually feel kinda bad for Waruzu Giri. He just wanted some paternal affirmation and they had to go and kill his (sorta) best friend. And I prefer Great Waruzu to Kanzen Gokai-Oh. Kanzen Gokai-Oh, isn't my least favorite stylistically, but it's just so big and cumbersome... But the Joe/Barizorg fight was totally worth it. I actually wasn't expecting closure on that subplot this soon. And it's actually pretty satisfying.
Tokusatsu kotatsu party!
Niek
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Niek »

This is the best episode of the entire show untill now. Don't know what the latter episodes wil bring and if they are going to focus on Ahim and Don's back story. But this episode had a damn good story. Kanzen Goukai-Oh looks awesome.

I don't really know what this Gavan is all about, but it seems to me as if they want to see if there is a possibility to revive the Metal Heroes series. While they are at it crossing over between series. Why not Super Sentai vs/x Kamen Rider, instead of a double feature in the movies :lol:
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. - Douglas Adams
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

Error post... please remove this.

I don't even remember writing this.
Last edited by TBustah! on Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedDinoTF
Infinity
Favorite series: Go-Onger
2nd Favorite Series: KR Decade
Dreamy: Yumi Sugimoto
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Henshin!
Quote: Torigusa no Kamen Rider da, Oboetoke
Jigoku no soko made akuma to ainori shite kure

Post by RedDinoTF »

I just love it when Marvelous land and he's like hey guys missed me, it's expression is so cool, and finally Joe end his battle :)
Series completed: Dekaranger, magiranger, Boukenger, Gekiranger, Go-Onger, Shinkenger, Goseiger, Gokaiger, Go-Buster, Kyoryuuger Den-o, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard Gaim
Series I'm watching: Garo, Toqger

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”