Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Gokai 39 released

Post by takenoko »

The MegaRanger episode. So of course it has to take place in a school, right?

It's pretty funny to have Kenta still be in school. Like the highlight of his life was in high school, so he decided to spend the rest of his life there or something. It wouldn't have been too bad, but I think all of us are wondering what happened to his hair.

For fun, I looked up what the past MegaRangers were doing

MegaRed, Ooshiba Hayato is still acting. He's cameoed in Hurricaneger and Den-O, and of course, Gokaiger

MegaBlack really didn't continue acting beyond MegaRangers

MegaPink Higashiyama Mami looks like she's still acting too. I'm sure her best cameo was Takaoka's mom in Boukenger

I don't recognize most stuff that MegaSilver has been in. But he was Tatsuya's dad in Rescue Fire 37:

Matsukaze Masaya or MegaBlue is probably the best known now. He became a voice actor and was the voice of Mikami Teru in Death Note. He was the voice of Kaoru's dad in Shinkenger. Spoilers:
Spoiler
He was the real previous ShinkenRed

Tanaka Eri or MegaYellow hasn't been in much recently either. But she was a cop in Kuuga and Natsuki's mom in Boukenger
09MurphyM
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Re: Gokai 39 released

Post by 09MurphyM »

They came real close to finally beating sari.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

This episode was really funny to me because of Ahim. Especially since last year she was in a JDrama call Atsui Zo! Nekogaya!! (which Yuuki from Fourze was a guest star in). It's about a girls high school where they all wear bikinis and the episodes focuses on the student body trying to get the newest student to remove their clothes and show their bikini.

Nice use of the various ranger powers except that they didn't show off the MegaRanger Grand Power though.
Niek
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Niek »

Nice episode. Too bad we didn't get to see the Megaranger Grand Power. Probably is some Zen thing like protecting ones dreams. Never expected Kenta to become a teacher, considering his lack of interest in attending school. But then again I haven't seen every Megaranger episode yet.

The fight with Sally was interesting, especially because Basco stepped in to protect him from being finished. Maybe there is more then meets the eye or Basco has still a bit of decency left.
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. - Douglas Adams
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Basco saved him because where else is going to store those giant monsters?
jolly_old_saint
Faiz
Favorite series: Gumby
2nd Favorite Series: Dengekibikifaizenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by jolly_old_saint »

Someone give Red to Colbert superpac, they're this close to their goal of infinite dollars!

Here we go, mega! Something else, mega! Their robot's Ultra Magnus Prime....

How easy is it to fake being a transfer student in japan? I swear, this leads to so many issues, mostly in the form of romantic comedy.

...I find myself in something of a quandary. On one hand, the team's victory music was playing for the scene where Green helps someone solve a math problem. On the other hand, that's how I wish things worked in reality.

The great megaranger power was going to summon the super fighting robot Megaman, but some legal issues came up so they wrote it out.

That eye pulling thing seemed out of character...has blue been making faces under his mask this whole time?

Remember to stay in school, kids. And that two out of seven of you will have to wear glasses for as long as you attend school. And if Zubat the Magnificent fits into this universe, screw it, Gavan can too.

...It occurs I'm mixing up films. Well, screw it, they crossed over with kamen rider, its all the same in the middle of the night, stop judging me with your silence...
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

Phoenix512 wrote:Basco saved him because where else is going to store those giant monsters?
Or it has to do with a TV trope I read where it's labeled "Even Evil has Standards".

Or it's your reasoning. I think your reason has more of a solid footing than mine. I just want Basco to go away! That trumpet of his hurts my ears! *bad memories of bad and sitting in front of trumpets, evil high school memories there* LOL
ChelseaChampion
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Blade
Dreamy: LUKA MILLFY
Favorite Band: 24Herbs
My boom: Happiness
Quote: "Black Wing Sleeping Here Forever"

Post by ChelseaChampion »

Anybody wonder where the Gokaigers get their "newspapers"?

Btw i really wanted to see the leader of Megaranger; Megablack of all the Megarangers appear... But actually i pretty much liked all the characters in Megaranger and wished they all appeared

Seems like time was good to Kenta, he still looks good although he probably shouldnt keep that hairstyle no matter what his age is LOL
Drop. Fire. Gemini. Burning Divide
Akari
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: KR Faiz/Ryukendo
2nd Favorite Series: GARO
Dreamy: Yuria Haga(Mari/Mio)
Favorite Actor?: Shouma Yamamoto
Favorite Band: JAM Project
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Tokusatsu!!
Quote: Ultimate Ryukendo! Raijin!

Post by Akari »

I liked this little tribute episode. I noticed the Opening changed to reflect the new "Unlimited Reward" status of Marvelous and the Gokai Crew. Those little touches always excite me.

Though, if they want the Gokaigers killed on sight. Why leave it as "Dead or Alive"?
Hmmm....Fearful Military Power Kanzen GokaiOh eh....
So....the bounties on the other Gokaigers doubled (Well except for Hakase. He should be happier now. Or not...)

I guess GoseiKnight wasn't really considered a Goseiger because he didn't get announced that way. But in the same line of thinking, the other 6th members don't get announced like that. Nor do the additional members who aren't technically rangers like Zuban, Wolzard Fire, etc....Im confused now.

I sure hope Basco-sauce's trumpet gets smoked soon though. It is annoying to listen to.

Thanks to guile_bio for his help with the sig and gif
myman88
Gao
Location: Closer to Japan than the common TVN person, but still so far away.

Post by myman88 »

Considering the preview

Spoiler
Oh wow, I'm extremely surprised, they're going to cover the point where they show up in the Shinkenger&Goseiger movie. Kind of a clever thing as well using it as the TimeRanger episode as well.
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Post by Slowking »

Thoughts on the episode:

Spoiler
YAY Megaranger tribute! Let's bomb dance!

- Finally an Otakara Navigate, it's been a while. Nice to see some things never change, with Navi crushing right into the Galleon Wall.
- KENTA! He looks weird as a teacher, but weird in the nice way. It's always nice seeing what happened with the lives of past heroes (another example was Matsuri/GoPink in the GoGoV tribute).
- Kenta seems to be on the side of the Gokaiger, i.e. not really opposing them, but of course he wants to have some fun like always, so hehe he has them "join" the school. I think the writers totally got Kenta's character right.
- Nice to see them all interacting with the students, but even nicer to see Marvelous play basketball with the students.
- Sally lure haha. Effective as always.
- I really want to know how Basco knows who they are, e.g. in this case how he knows that Kenta is MegaRed.
- Dirty tricks again eh, Basco? You really make me want to punch you in the face!
- The conversation between Kenta and Marvelous via the GokaiCellular was great. Absolute understanding between the Reds. And that just through their voice.
- The students helping the Gokaiger out reminded me of the Computing Club in Megaranger. Another reference there.
- Bomb hidden in an body organ anatomy kit? Haha nice touch.
- Or even... in a lunch box. Ahahaha.
- MAGIRANGER! Finally use of the MagiShine key. Shame we didn't get a 6 member Magiranger gokai change, but still very pleasing.
- Basco evil form again! Come on someone beat Basco!!!!
- Oh yeah I love this, GoseiKnight DefenseStorm card can actually stop Basco's attempt to steal Grand Powers!
- Timeranger gokai change with use of the V-Bazooka!
- Megaranger full gokai change! With Megaranger instrumental song! AND the Cyber Sliders! PRESS 3-3-5!!!
- OMG Battle Riser too! I love this!
- Perhaps not enough to beat Basco.
- Omg for a second I thought Basco was backstabbing Sally but it was MegaBlue. And then the Gokaiger make a comeback as Megaranger!
- FINALLY! Gokai Supernova again! It seems that we are getting many treats today!
- Yay, MagiGokaiOh! I love MagiDragon so this was an extra bonus for me I guess.
- Ha, they summoned Fuuraimaru before Machalcon. Probably they are just Gokai machine spamming/showing off.
- Kanzen GokaiOh! But no use of the Megaranger Grand Power sadly.
- At least Kenta gave it to them at the end of the episode. Perhaps they will somehow use it, but for now it's added to the same list of unused Grand Powers including the Gingaman Grand Power.
- Overall, amazing episode, loved all the references, the use of music and of course Kenta appearing! The writers succeeded in making me hate Basco even more. At least that's some development for him I guess haha. Everything being perfect sort of "masked" the absence of the use of the Megaranger Grand Power and also the lack of Zangyack news (I think we are just "waiting" for Akudos Gil to arrive following Walz Gilz's death).

Btw, did you guys sub Gai's attack as Gokai Super Rova? I thought it was Supernova/ Super Nova. The calligraphic letter looks like an R to me (hence Rova), but it might be an N.
Behold the Emperor!
LastLine
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Gimme some Umeko!

Post by LastLine »

Phoenix512 wrote:This episode was really funny to me because of Ahim. Especially since last year she was in a JDrama call Atsui Zo! Nekogaya!! (which Yuuki from Fourze was a guest star in). It's about a girls high school where they all wear bikinis and the episodes focuses on the student body trying to get the newest student to remove their clothes and show their bikini.

And purely for educational purposes...where would one view such a thing? :) lol
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

I really love these episodes.

this had to be a really great treat for you all to do. looks like alot of fun.
redwhitesentai
7X
Favorite series: boukenger
2nd Favorite Series: dekaranger
Dreamy: bouken pink
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: hmm.. I'll think about it
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by redwhitesentai »

great episode after a while, plus never let you down to have the girls in student uniform, especially Ahim :mrgreen: ... well, actually she uniformed in episode 29, transform to Turboranger school style and then being a nurse

less than ten episodes before Bosco defeated and/or new Zangjack villains.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

I really like the font you guys used for the word of DENJI SENTAI MEGARANGER. 8-Bit will never get old.

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”