JT515
Infinity
Favorite series: Super Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider
Dreamy: mao ichimichi
Favorite Band: M.O.V.E

Re: 199 Heroes Released

Post by JT515 »

takenoko wrote:Would it have worked out better if this were labeled Gokaiger vs Goseiger, since that was what it actually was? Since their real versus movie was replaced by Gokaiger vs that space sheriff and the whole series being the actual Gokaiger vs Sentai, I think this was fine. It makes sense that the latest Sentai series would appear as a group since they have a natural relationship together and they can do things like summon their mecha.

The Boukenger versus Super Sentai special was kind of terrible since the different Sentai members had no previous relationship with each other. They spent a lot of time fighting with each other and acting uncharacteristicly. I would have much preferred a Boukenger vs MagiRanger movie instead.
the reason they did gokiger vs space sheriff was because they were celebrating the 20th annversery of Space sheriff .
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Re: 199 Heroes Released

Post by Battra »

This was a fun movie lots of Sentai fan service, it's nice seeing Toei up the scale from All Riders.

I enjoyed seeing the past rangers together even though they got babysitting a depressed guy. Legend War was handled nicely, enjoyed seeing the more recent extra members come and help the Gosei team, then offer up their powers to help defeat Zangyack. It was nice seeing the Goseiger team again and I liked how they were reintroduced wanting their powers back, cause watching the previous scene when they've lost their powers you kinda get the sense they don't know what to do without their Gosei Abilties. The conflict between the two seems actually felt natural compared to some of the manufactured conflict we've had in the past Vs. movies. Ending was handled great loved seeing all the mech's on screen even if a majority of it was stock footage from the previous series, which is understandable since these movie have a limited budget and i'm guessing some of those older suits weren't kept in the best of conditions, reminded me of the more recent Ultra movies.

Unfortunately the villains kinda felt lackluster in this, it was nice seeing Brajira again and an updated Black Cross King suit. Brajira I was both disappointed and kinda relieved that they didn't just have him repeat what he had done with previous organizations, disappointed cause Black Cross King just didn't really do anything except exposit send out and minions I was waiting for Brajira to backstab him & Zangyack, but i'm relieved that they didn't go that way cause it would've been predictable. Dagon & Yogoshimacritein were those the only villain actors they were able to get back? It just seems random to bring back those two along, you couldn't get any villains memorable villains or perhaps some older villains since you brought back the big baddy form Goranger. I like the concept of the first villian returning to get revenge on the Sentai, but it just kinda fell flat in the execution.

Enjoyable movie all around.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
TheNinjaDragon
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Gokaiger Goseiger Super Sentai 199 Hero Great Battle

Post by TheNinjaDragon »

I noticed that there wasn't a thread dedicated to discussing this movie (at least as far as I could find). I thought it was this one, but it was mainly dedicated to piecing together all 199 Super Sentai members at the time.

Anywho, never been good at these kinds of discussion so I'll just say that I kinda liked this movie at the Gokaiger vs. Goseiger fights seemed interesting.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Gokaiger Goseiger Super Sentai 199 Hero Great Battle

Post by takenoko »

If there's ever any doubt, you can always find the movie page on our wiki. The link to the thread is at the bottom of the info box on the right:
https://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Gokaiger_ ... tic_Battle
TheNinjaDragon
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Re: Gokaiger Goseiger Super Sentai 199 Hero Great Battle

Post by TheNinjaDragon »

takenoko wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:55 am If there's ever any doubt, you can always find the movie page on our wiki. The link to the thread is at the bottom of the info box on the right:
https://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Gokaiger_ ... tic_Battle
Oh thanks!

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”