2nd Favorite Series: Blade/Hibiki/Bouken
Favorite Band: Switchfoot
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Adventure Time

Re: 199 Heroes Released

Post by GarTkEZ »

Awesome-sauce movie is awesome =)

Just something with the movie:

1. I'm not going to rag on the Goseiger for what they did - It's kind of actually like the point the Hurricaneger made in Episode 25, that they want a more direct role in fighting the bad guys. I will rag on them however, for stealing the Treanger Box. At least we had that awesome battle though.

2. For a guy that fought for 3 years straight, KuroJuujiOh had a smart plan. LOL I had a feeling he'd double-cross Warz Gil if he had succeeded. Think about it, he could kick Zangyack's ass if he had all 35 Super Sentai teams as his foot-soldiers.

3. I loved Hiroshi Miyauchi's speech. =) And I found it funny that Red One and Red Turbo's speeches had them referencing lyrics from their show's opening themes. =))

4. The mecha segment was freakin' cool. Two questions on that part:

4.1. Was it DenjiFighter, TimeJet Gamma and Icarus Harken attacking Mecha-Burajira?

4.2. Was it DynaRobo and Flash King starting the attack on the guy after Chupacabra Burajira?(Forgot that guy's name, damn)

5. DAMN THE ENDING AND MOE MOE AHIM =)

Overall, a slick movie =) Can't wait for Vs Gavan!
IKKAN KENJO!
Hears All
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Miu!!!
Favorite Actor?: Yumi Sugimoto
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider

Post by Hears All »

A good film, I liked the graniness of the old footage at the end. I would have liked to have seen more former Sentai's outside their suits though
DREWdesu
7X

Post by DREWdesu »

I just finished the movie this morning, I found it to be okay.

The Goseigers created the problem and this movie could have been way shorter if they didn't start fighting ugh...
It took me until this movie to notice Eri's ears... and Agri's neck ROFL (only watched like 6 eps of Goseiger)
I noticed how good Don is with his guns... watching later episodes always helps
Luka and Moune could have been sisters from another mother ROFL.
Navi was awesome as always
Liked the Black Cross King's Design but not the CGI Castle thing that much
Loved the battles especially the Big Robo and GokaiGosei vs the clones... reminds me of Final Fantasy Dissidia
I was trying to spot the Zyurangers... PteraRanger and TyrannoRanger clones fell... REALLY?! D;
I also loved GokaiSilver's Cameo
Nozomu, Kindergarten Kid and Low-Life Man were awesome...

What I didn't like is the lack of help from the Senior Rangers... and Saki looks depressed as ever... as in EMO! She didn't smile to make herself feel better nor did she seem happy at all... she looked like she lost a lot of sleep and I don't even know whether its Saki who's tired or her actress.
kiyominai
7X
Quote: おばあちゃんが言っていた「世の中で覚えておかなければならない名前はただ一つ。天の道を往き、総てを司る男……天道総司」

Post by kiyominai »

Anyone else noticed the Gokai cameo with Pink and Green during the count, in the Hero Getter ending

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

and

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
gyozilla
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: WShinken555RyukiKuga
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O, Kikaider
My boom: erang

Post by gyozilla »

Goseiger vs. Shinkenger's cold opening: GoseiRed blasts Bibis heroically.
199 Heroes' cold opening: GoseiRed getting his butt kicked by Sugoumin.
What a reversal to build up the Zangyack. Almost seems like they wanted to knock Goseiger down a peg.
kiyominai wrote:Anyone else noticed the Gokai cameo with Pink and Green during the count, in the Hero Getter ending
Ah, not really cameos if I'm understanding you right since that's all Gokaigers changing to each team. Only the regular show endings have the "real" teams.
friendlyquark
7X
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Bruce Banner
Favorite Actor?: Jet Li
Favorite Band: Imogen Heap
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: writing
Quote: Ca va, go-busters?

Post by friendlyquark »

I had a lot of fun watching this movie. Yes, I would have loved more of the older Sentai teams, but I have no idea how hard it might have been to get the actors back, some have passed on, many have retired, etc, or for how long they were able to get them for. I suspect some of these actors had a day or two of shooting, then had to get back to their real lives, so it might not have been practical to use them more. :(

I would like to point out that even the logo designs for a Super Sentai team are filled up with enough power to take down a villain. Get shot with 35 of them and you will fall. LOL

Goseiger grew on me as I watched it. Alata came to be kind of an endearing character for me. However, Marvelous flicking him on the nose still made me howl with laughter.

I do wonder if Super Sentai don't have some sort of pension plan though? I mean, so many of them seem to have menial jobs years after they have stopped fighting. I used to think that MagiYellow was weird wanting to be a prize fighter, but seeing how badly paid the SS are, it now makes sense to me. He didn't want to end up as a traffic safety instructor, a bread cart seller, or running a ramen shop, right?
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Post by ReversedSentai »

friendlyquark wrote:I had a lot of fun watching this movie. Yes, I would have loved more of the older Sentai teams, but I have no idea how hard it might have been to get the actors back, some have passed on, many have retired, etc, or for how long they were able to get them for. I suspect some of these actors had a day or two of shooting, then had to get back to their real lives, so it might not have been practical to use them more. :(

I would like to point out that even the logo designs for a Super Sentai team are filled up with enough power to take down a villain. Get shot with 35 of them and you will fall. LOL

Goseiger grew on me as I watched it. Alata came to be kind of an endearing character for me. However, Marvelous flicking him on the nose still made me howl with laughter.

I do wonder if Super Sentai don't have some sort of pension plan though? I mean, so many of them seem to have menial jobs years after they have stopped fighting. I used to think that MagiYellow was weird wanting to be a prize fighter, but seeing how badly paid the SS are, it now makes sense to me. He didn't want to end up as a traffic safety instructor, a bread cart seller, or running a ramen shop, right?
Actually, the only actor that portrayed a Sentai Senshi who's now deceased is KiRanger I from GoRanger, who committed suicide in 1978. Otherwise, no other actor/actress that portrayed a Sentai Senshi has passed on over the past 37 years; impressive if I must say so myself.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

I think it was a very good movie and very good fight scenes...but if i have a problem with it. The lack of goseiknight. I understand Gai wasn't there yet so he didn't have someone to interact, but he was my favorite character, and having him just for the big fight was pretty disapointing(i loved his scenes as a headder, tough xD). Not to mention Nozomu didn't get to interact with anyone(but i'm happy he gave the speech, considering he was the pessimistic in goseiger).

I guess it makes sense they make toys out of the super sentai, since they are famous and stuff. but i have to wonder, do the rangers get something for the use of their image?

I liked how genta was the one to say they don't have powers anymore, since he was the one who created his own powers, he should know if he can do it again or not.
So yeah, it looks like the goseigers are the ones to blame for the big bad getting the keys, but really, it was alata's fault because he took the whole thing instead of just goseiknight's key.
friendlyquark
7X
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Bruce Banner
Favorite Actor?: Jet Li
Favorite Band: Imogen Heap
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: writing
Quote: Ca va, go-busters?

Post by friendlyquark »

ReversedSentai wrote:
friendlyquark wrote:I had a lot of fun watching this movie. Yes, I would have loved more of the older Sentai teams, but I have no idea how hard it might have been to get the actors back, some have passed on, many have retired, etc, or for how long they were able to get them for. I suspect some of these actors had a day or two of shooting, then had to get back to their real lives, so it might not have been practical to use them more. :(
Actually, the only actor that portrayed a Sentai Senshi who's now deceased is KiRanger I from GoRanger, who committed suicide in 1978. Otherwise, no other actor/actress that portrayed a Sentai Senshi has passed on over the past 37 years; impressive if I must say so myself.
Okay, so only one is dead, but we still don't know about the rest of it.

Hmmm. Becoming Super Sentai does seem to give you miraculous powers if they are all still alive. Heh.
SailorGokaiDecade
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
2nd Favorite Series: PGSM
My boom: Ladies!
Quote: "One Vision, One Purpose"

Post by SailorGokaiDecade »

Apparently, one fan posted a full stream of this epic team-up on youtube (from this group to be good!), went away with it cleanly, and has become a big hit until now!

Here's what I'm talking about:

Super Sentai 199 Heroes YouTube Stream Reached Over 2 Million Views!

Here's his vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ciBSWm3Kv4
"He who controls the past, commands the future. He who commands the future, conquers the past." - Kane

takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

That's cool. Just hope Toei doesn't pull his account. But I have no problems with someone doing something like that.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Interesting, I'm in Japan so the video actually says Toei has blocked it here. I guess they're using fansubbers as their unofficial English subs then?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I wonder how he got 2 million views though. I mean, when we release something, we'll get several thousand downloads on the tracker, and that's it. Even at our height, I doubt we had more than 10,000 downloads. Going into the millions is pretty ridiculous
SailorGokaiDecade
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
2nd Favorite Series: PGSM
My boom: Ladies!
Quote: "One Vision, One Purpose"

Post by SailorGokaiDecade »

takenoko wrote:That's cool. Just hope Toei doesn't pull his account. But I have no problems with someone doing something like that.
takenoko wrote:I wonder how he got 2 million views though. I mean, when we release something, we'll get several thousand downloads on the tracker, and that's it. Even at our height, I doubt we had more than 10,000 downloads. Going into the millions is pretty ridiculous
This vid was uploaded last 3 February (it's seven months strong up there!), so there's no doubt he's got a lot of happy eyes there (probably even Toei's)! :D
I guess being a Super Sentai fan really does help gain fame. hehe!
"He who controls the past, commands the future. He who commands the future, conquers the past." - Kane

locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

Probably because youtube is more known than this site(no offense). and watching youtube videos i have found links to unrelated movies, so people may see the links to the video and click on it out of curiosity.

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”