Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Silly Kaijiu. Kicks are for Riders!" - hunter-urufu

Re: Gokai 41 released

Post by DrowningFishy »

TBustah! wrote:
Lunagel wrote:Are you saying Gai might have some sexual identity issues? :D
Not necessarily... I'm just saying he's flamboyant, that I wouldn't completely rule out the possibility that he'd use DekaSwan.

Then again, he was hesitant to use Go-On Silver in episode 19 ("...but the original one was a girl"), perhaps Lunagel's claim is not without basis...

:raises hand: Question, so when a girl changes into a male suit it's normal. But should I guy change into a girls suit all of a sudden he has sexual identity issues?

I think no one has any question to what Gai's preference is...
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I was referring more to the knee-high rainbow socks mentioned before. Anyway they've done female to male suits before, mostly with Joe since there were a lot of female blues. The light blue used for MagiBlue really is way too feminine for him XD
DrowningFishy
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
Quote: "Silly Kaijiu. Kicks are for Riders!" - hunter-urufu

Post by DrowningFishy »

Lunagel wrote:I was referring more to the knee-high rainbow socks mentioned before. Anyway they've done female to male suits before, mostly with Joe since there were a lot of female blues. The light blue used for MagiBlue really is way too feminine for him XD

I find that funny because for awhile there before it was confirmed there was a debate whether or not Joe was male or female by how the picture looked.

Yeah those socks, I swear he's been raiding a "queens" closet for cripes sake.
DevGryphon
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: SKYRIM!!
Quote: Define normal...
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by DevGryphon »

Lunagel wrote:I was referring more to the knee-high rainbow socks mentioned before. Anyway they've done female to male suits before, mostly with Joe since there were a lot of female blues. The light blue used for MagiBlue really is way too feminine for him XD
Same thing with HurricaneBlue.
Here's to cheating, stealing, fighting, and drinking. If you cheat, may you cheat death; if you steal, may you steal a woman's heart; if you fight, may you fight for a brother; if you drink, may you drink with me.
TheLastTatlFan
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Dekaranger/Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger/W
Dreamy: Mao Ichimichi
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kamen Rider/Sentai
Quote: "There is no justice in this battle. There is just a single, pure wish."

Post by TheLastTatlFan »

Lunagel wrote:So basically they're limited to their set or to themes.
Wasn't this covered around the time Gai was settling in to the team? Their belt buckles are linked to that chest in the Galleon with all the Ranger Keys in it, and they produce a specific key by thinking of it. If anything's limiting them to their own colors, it's their manners, not their equipment.

Anyway.

I've liked Gokaiger from the start, but this episode is probably going to be my favorite after the fact simply for fulfilling the one desire I'd had left after my current favorite concluded; The two ShinkenReds fighting alongside each other (Seriously, why was that not in Goseiger Vs. Shinkenger?).

And I'd say Ahim's freaking out in this episode is entirely justified, considering she finds herself face to face with the one who destroyed her planet and barbecued her parents right in front of her. I'd go berserk too, under the same circumstances.

I never thought I'd really feel bad for the villains, but seeing Damaras get smacked around while he and Insaan plead for forgiveness was gut-wrenching... I'm hoping he lives long enough to mutiny.
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

Areku The O.F. wrote:By God! Castle Famille is the exact castle in where Garo fought the monster in episode 9.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/68 ... aiger.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/40 ... sdead.jpg/
Lol...I noticed that too. I watched Garo episode 9 first and then watched this Gokaiger episode right after and instantly remembered it. I thought Ahim comboing up with the other members and doing those finishers were awesome. The DekaMaster and DekaSwan combo was the one I liked the most as it was fitting for Joe to transform into DekaMaster. It was nice to see finally a backstory for Ahim even though it was kinda late. Oh well though as I found her to be so cute and attractive. :P
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

TheLastTatlFan wrote:I never thought I'd really feel bad for the villains, but seeing Damaras get smacked around while he and Insaan plead for forgiveness was gut-wrenching... I'm hoping he lives long enough to mutiny.
I've felt bad for him since Warz died...

He'd done nothing to deserve it, and yet his loyalty has been questioned again and again. He offered advice to Warz, who took it as him trying to undermine his authority. And yet, even after all the abuse he took from Warz, it was Damarasu who warned him against deploying. It was Damarasu who retrieved his body from the wreckage. It was Damarasu who seemed the most torn up by the loss.

Whether he did these things out of dedication to Warz or just devotion to duty... it's irrelevant. He's been nothing but loyal. He's been incompetent, perhaps (but then, so have the rest of the Zangyack forces that have been fighting the Gokaiger), for letting Warz fall, but he's the last person that should be treated like this.
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

i dunno perhaps i'm just way too easy to impress but i swear each episode that goes by seems to be BETTER than the one before it!

>_<....

i loved this episode too..
Flare Phoenix
7X

Post by Flare Phoenix »

The only person who has really been constricted to their primary colour is Marvelous. In the entire series so far, the only time he has Gokai Changed into a colour other than red is when they went all silver in episode eighteen (when he became BoukenSilver).

I'm assuming they wanted to do a different series for each of the pair Gokai Changes, but I kind of wished they'd done DekaPink and DekaYellow for Ahim and Luka so they could've done Twim Cam Angel. I haven't watched much of Goseiger so I'm not entirely sure if Eri and Mourne have some kind of special connection. The only other pairs I could think of was Mele and Rio, and MagiPink and MagiBlue.

Does anyone know what the insert song when all the Gokai Changes were occuring is called?
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

anybody notice that's also the first time gai joined in on the rising strike as well? crazy awesome episode.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I'm not sure if the dad thought his son was incompetent, but its good that he wants to avenge him.

And I suppose Damarsus job was to make sure that he didn't fail the invasion, a job that he technically did drop the ball on. Oh well.
Flare Phoenix
7X

Post by Flare Phoenix »

Aeikozz wrote:anybody notice that's also the first time gai joined in on the rising strike as well? crazy awesome episode.
No, the first time was in episode 37 when he replaced Joe (who was busy fighting Barizorg). He actually used his key in that episode as well (as apposed to here where he just stood there).
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Areku The O.F. wrote:By God! Castle Famille is the exact castle in where Garo fought the monster in episode 9.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/68 ... aiger.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/40 ... sdead.jpg/
It's appeared in quite a few shows. Like this other TV-Nihon release.

Maagi magi magiiro, bitches.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

pretty sure it was in OOOs as well
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

It appeared as Tsurugi's mansion in Kabuto, at least once in PGSM and I believe parts of the inside were used for Castle Doran in Kiva. It was featured quite extensively in the J-Drama Atashinchi no Danshi. It's a pretty popular filming site, mostly cause it's one of the very few European-style castle architecture buildings in Japan.

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”