Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: POWER RANGERS
Dreamy: Kaoru from Garo
Favorite Band: Too many XD
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Girls XD

Re: Gokai 41 released

Post by bradrian »

LOL Emperor's fleet. Run over EVERYBODY.

Double Rekka Daizanto WIN

The eye stab was a ridiculous amount of epic.

I very much hope that Damaras dies well. I really do. Poor guy's been shafted ALL SEASON.
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

bradrian wrote:LOL Emperor's fleet. Run over EVERYBODY.

Double Rekka Daizanto WIN

The eye stab was a ridiculous amount of epic.

I very much hope that Damaras dies well. I really do. Poor guy's been shafted ALL SEASON.
I say we see him and Marvelous go at it with swords and Marvelous gets a broken visor and maybe a scar on his face because of Damarasu.

It would make him epic: especially if he does it BEFORE the finale.
Arigomi
Save the life
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

I was expecting an explanation about how Zatsurigu's eye works in order to beat him. The eye could shoot flames, immobilize targets, create a barrier, grant super speed, and a few other things that are hard to describe. Taking it out works though I'm still curious as to how the eye was able to do so many different things.

It was fun to see Gai teasing Marvelous about his concern for Ahim at the end.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

In his profile on the website, it says his alien race has a third eye for detecting the atmosphere and ions around them. That eye was improved by installing the devil's eye (ganma eye). The explanation for how it can do all these things is "that it works almost like magic".
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

As I was watching, I thought "his eye should change colour to alert them what was coming" and provide the heroes the way to defeat him. Maybe if he had been more of a recurring character, but I can see why they wouldn't bother with a one-shot monster like that. Missed opportunity.
bradrian
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: POWER RANGERS
Dreamy: Kaoru from Garo
Favorite Band: Too many XD
My boom: Girls XD

Post by bradrian »

Agreed, Netto-san. It would be epic SAUCE.

Also, really Takky-san? Those images? I know they basically said it out loud, but JEEZ.
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

bradrian wrote:Agreed, Netto-san. It would be epic SAUCE.

Also, really Takky-san? Those images? I know they basically said it out loud, but JEEZ.
Or hey, why not throw the ever hated Basco in the fight and have Marvelous fighting both of them and Damarasu also fighting Basco for some underlying reason. A 3-way brawl with GokaiRed's visor breaking from only Damarasu.
DREWdesu
7X

Post by DREWdesu »

I have waited FOREVER for this episode! This was such a great episode, watching it on RAW wasn't the same as with subs. Ahim's character didn't shine as much as Luka until this episode where we see how far she has been. One question I asked was, what happened to the Butler? Was he barbecued as well?

Preview
Spoiler
Don has a backstory //legasp
Dragg
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze
My boom: Gym!

Post by Dragg »

Kogashi wrote:Sorry but just jumping into the preview here:

Spoiler
I kind of, don't want them to explain Don/Doc's backstory at this point. It's like, one of those great mysteries, as well as a running joke. I just feels, like too good of a joke to spoil it all by explaining it. If they explain it there is no chance it can be as good as any of the blanks we can possibly fill in. Don's is a mystery that the real trick is to never solve it. THAT is the greatest treasure in the universe.

*siigh* I, feel better, thank you for letting me get that off my chest.
Wouldn't people get more pissed if they did what you wanted?
That's really poor character development IMO.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

Lunagel wrote:It appeared as Tsurugi's mansion in Kabuto, at least once in PGSM and I believe parts of the inside were used for Castle Doran in Kiva. It was featured quite extensively in the J-Drama Atashinchi no Danshi. It's a pretty popular filming site, mostly cause it's one of the very few European-style castle architecture buildings in Japan.
Agreed. that one is kinda rare to see in Japan. Wish they would just shown the interior too ( famille's running away), that would be enough for me to cry.
Catastrophe wrote:I'm not sure if the dad thought his son was incompetent, but its good that he wants to avenge him.

And I suppose Damarsus job was to make sure that he didn't fail the invasion, a job that he technically did drop the ball on. Oh well.
Guess the emperor doesn't know how a crybaby his son is.

Yui Koike is a good emotion actress. Just her angry expression needs some working out. Thought she will go all berserk and yelling, but no.
harpdevil
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W / GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger

Post by harpdevil »

I'm getting a bit fed up of the elephant in the room, that despite having an entire army at their disposal, Zangyack send one guy to one city as a way of taking over or destroying a whole planet. So it was good to see a whole army invasion this time, I was hoping to see what Gokaiger were going to do against a finally sensible show of power. But sadly again the ships attacked one city and what? Turned round and retreated for no reason? They were finally doing what they'd been trying to do for ages!

And then Zatsurigu, who has three of his emperor's son's killers half-dead and powerless, and killing them is his only job, lets them live because it's getting dark? Even if there was some legitimate reason for wanting to kill them all at once, what are Zangyack saying? "We'll only fight you when you are at your strongest, but we'll only send out a tiny fraction of our own total power against you even though that has failed time and time again"? Even though they have an entire empire that has enough power to destroy COUNTLESS planets.

I know it's a kids show but kids aren't stupid, and there is only so much disbelief you can ask viewers to suspend. It's really bad writing and completely cheapens the antagonists or any kind of tension the story could have, how do complete morons like this have an empire?

Also it was odd seeing the setting for Ahim's castle appear so soon after the same location was used in GARO Makai Senki.
Image Demon beasts called Horrors live in the darkness. This is a story of a Makai Knight who cuts down the Horrors. You better not look away.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Dragg wrote:Wouldn't people get more pissed if they did what you wanted?
That's really poor character development IMO.
Spoiler
I don't think Don requires an explanation, honestly. He's Don. Doc is Doc. We didn't even need this Ahim episode, we already knew she hated Zangyack for destroying her planet and killing her family, there was really nothing gained. Don's background is not something I spare any time wondering about; he could have been hired on after they put out an ad for a superintendant of the Galleon and it would fit.

Also, your avatar and signature banner are horrifying.
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

dancercotillion wrote:We didn't even need this Ahim episode, we already knew she hated Zangyack for destroying her planet and killing her family, there was really nothing gained.
I dunno, I think knowing her full motivation for joining the crew (to inspire her people) filled in a few pieces of the puzzle.

The thing is, the Gokaiger didn't really start resisting Zangyack in earnest until after they arrived on Earth, which was after Ahim joined. Prior to that, they were just after the treasure, and pretty much only fought the empire whenever they got in the way of this goal. It was just the means to an end, and one that they (seemingly) avoided when possible at that. If you'll recall, they weren't all that interested in protecting people on Earth at the beginning of the series. Zangyack was just a nuisance to them, they didn't go out of their way to fight them, even if they were picking on innocent people.

I'd venture to say that they weren't even trying to bring Zangyack down (or at least didn't consider the possibility) until after Gai joined up. Remember his speech in episode 18, and the others' reaction to it? It may not say it explicitly, but to me, it seems like taking Zangyack out completely wasn't really on their agenda prior to this point.

For her, joining the Gokaiger (prior to these events) just to fight Zangyack would have been like starting a garden just so you can kill plant-eating insects. Yes, it's something that gardeners do, but it's not their ultimate goal. The insects are just in the way.

Knowing her full motivation makes her presence on the team make a lot more sense. She was trying to inspire her people, not just fight an enemy that the team wasn't even fully committed to fighting when she joined it.
dancercotillion wrote:Also, your avatar and signature banner are horrifying.
Agreed. But whaddyagonnado?
JumperPrime
Kamen Rider Club
Kamen Rider Club
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Wakana
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Bulletstorm
Quote: Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

Post by JumperPrime »

TBustah! wrote: I dunno, I think knowing her full motivation for joining the crew (to inspire her people) filled in a few pieces of the puzzle.

The thing is, the Gokaiger didn't really start resisting Zangyack in earnest until after they arrived on Earth, which was after Ahim joined. Prior to that, they were just after the treasure, and pretty much only fought the empire whenever they got in the way of this goal. It was just the means to an end, and one that they (seemingly) avoided when possible at that. If you'll recall, they weren't all that interested in protecting people on Earth at the beginning of the series. Zangyack was just a nuisance to them, they didn't go out of their way to fight them, even if they were picking on innocent people.

I'd venture to say that they weren't even trying to bring Zangyack down (or at least didn't consider the possibility) until after Gai joined up. Remember his speech in episode 18, and the others' reaction to it? It may not say it explicitly, but to me, it seems like taking Zangyack out completely wasn't really on their agenda prior to this point.

For her, joining the Gokaiger (prior to these events) just to fight Zangyack would have been like starting a garden just so you can kill plant-eating insects. Yes, it's something that gardeners do, but it's not their ultimate goal. The insects are just in the way.

Knowing her full motivation makes her presence on the team make a lot more sense. She was trying to inspire her people, not just fight an enemy that the team wasn't even fully committed to fighting when she joined it.
I'm not so sure about that. Remember, each member of the crew already had hefty bounties on their heads before they landed on Earth(except Doc, of course) so they must have done SOME damage. And don't forget where Marvelous and Joe met Luka: Robbing a Zangyack ship. I expect that Zangyack were the crew's favorite(and the results of the Space Police investigation imply only) targets whenever they were gonna rob something, and if they can cause Zangyack some headaches while they do it, bonus. And from the very start, the crew have been more protective of the people of Earth than they were willing to admit, considering the increasingly flimsy excuses they gave for intervening, starting with "They ruined our lunch" and going on from there.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

Doc had a bounty of 1,000. He did something. Probably sneezed and some of it landed on Wazuru Giru's sidewalk.

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”