I claim this bounty in the name of #TV-Nihon! Arrr
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Goseiger | Gokaiger | AkibaRanger >
Flare Phoenix
7X

Re: Gokai 43 released

Post by Flare Phoenix »

DREWdesu wrote:Now we need to go into a new arc where we find out what the treasure really is, how can the Zangyack be defeated once and for all, and Basco's true allegiance.
1. I really hope the treasure turns out to be nothing, because quite honestly whatever it turns out to be is going to be a huge disappointment. At best, it will be an "well that was kind of interesting" moment.

2. Give all the ranger keys to Gai, let him use his power to combine all of them together, and let him kick Zangyack's ass as GokaiGod.

3. I'm curious why everyone seems to think Basco's allegiance is questionable. Basco is loyal to Basco. He keeps the Gokaigers alive because its easier for him if they collect grand powers and he just takes them later. He sides with the Zangyack because it means they'll leave him alone and let him do what he wants (for the most part). He helped defeat Damaras because Damaras probably would have defeated the Gokaigers otherwise. Everything he does for his own benefit.

The bit that amused me:

Damaras: Basco, you betrayed me...

Me: Really!? The guy you was only working for you because you bullied him into it betrayed you!? WAKE THE HELL UP DAMARAS!!!
Kalsembar
Gao
Favorite series: Dairanger
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Sentai
Quote: "Let's Morphin'!"

Post by Kalsembar »

Having watched the premier and hearing the actor that play Doc talk about his past, I'm a little sad that Doc didn't get to GokaiChange into TimeGreen at all in this episode. Oh well...
Barim
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: SS: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: KR: Ryuki
Favorite Band: Queen
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Barim »

Did Don change coats for the rescue scene?

He's just so nicely different from the standard senshi and it works...

Preview/Foresight

Spoiler
So Damarasu down, that leaves 6 episodes or so for the Rude-Guy-That-Keeps-Spouting-English, Basco and Emperor Papa? And they still found the time for a Christmas episode? I'm impressed...

Movie

Spoiler
Monse Drake, Tensai no something... Also, was that a jailbreak of Sentai villains? Did I spot Shizaku, (or whatever Wind-Chan from Boukenger was called again) in there?
Spoiler
Once the Heron to set his path,
Twice the Heron to name him true,
Once the Dragon for remembrance lost,
Twice the Dragon for the price he must pay.
Neutronium Ranger
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Fourze
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Malshiina <3
Favorite Actor?: None
Favorite Band: None
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Akibaranger!

Post by Neutronium Ranger »

Spoiler
Yeah in the movie it is a prison of villians captured by the space sheriff
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Flare Phoenix wrote: Do you think there is any more to Don's backstory? He was approached by the Gokaigers to fix their ship, and was kind of forced to join after they realized how useful he was. I think this episode kind of proved there isn't any special mystery to Don, and the whole "Legendary Hero" subplot was just a way to troll the fans.
Personally I don't think they should have showed even that much of Don's story, as funny as it was. It just felt, more fun that his backstory was always just passed over by everyone. Well, who knows maybe they'll still use that joke in the future.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

Kalsembar wrote:Having watched the premier and hearing the actor that play Doc talk about his past, I'm a little sad that Doc didn't get to GokaiChange into TimeGreen at all in this episode. Oh well...
He got to do it in the TimeRanger ep...

But I get what you're saying: it would have been nice, in this tribute to greens, if Mr. Shimizu got to single out his favorite green.
JumperPrime
Kamen Rider Club
Kamen Rider Club
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Wakana
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Bulletstorm
Quote: Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

Post by JumperPrime »

I guess somebody on the team had to have a relatively mundane backstory. Don "Doc" Dogoier, a simple(though brilliant) mechanic on a boring world who was recruited by the Gokaigers to fix their ship and basically drafted to keep the ship from turning back into a pigsty after he cleaned the place up before doing the computer repair they originally hired him for. I'm still a little surprised that Doc's bounty is still less than Gai's, considering that everything Gai has done since joining the Gokaigers, Doc's been part of it too and Doc's done a buncha stuff before the crew came to Earth that Gai wasn't around for.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Kogashi wrote:Personally I don't think they should have showed even that much of Don's story, as funny as it was. It just felt, more fun that his backstory was always just passed over by everyone. Well, who knows maybe they'll still use that joke in the future.
This is exactly why I didn't want them to ever disclose his background. It would be absolutely Donnish to just forget about him entirely. Like when they show Ahim joining and Don's already there, so far they'd shown the joinings in order and it was a funny jab like "they really did forget all about him, didn't they?"

That being said, Captain Donelous was pretty swanky. It's just too bad this is our third or fourth "Don Learns That It's Ok To Be the Shitty One" episode, because they make a really good point about how friendships and teams work and it's diluted by all the other times the dude's had it rammed down his throat that it's ok to be not-good at something everyone else does well in. Ahim learned that back with Jan, Don just keeps forgetting. Clinical depression, I'm sure. Good thing he's already a doctor, he could write himself a prescription for Zoloft.

Spoiler
Oh boy, the obligatory Christmas episode. None will be as good as Gekiranger's with the drawing of Master Pyonpyao pulling Santa's sleigh and Ken not understanding a word of english.
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

So Doc was trolling the crew. Didn't he was the type to do that.

They used the same cross we saw in OOO, Den-O All Riders. maybe they used the same mob too...

Nice to see they didn't just make the Gokaigers have a plot power up to win against Damaras.

All Green combo was pretty nice. I guess it's the 'st time we see Mabe using nitoryu. And that Red and Green finisher was cool.

Sleeve machinegun? Nice, Damaras, but you should've used it before. And LOL, you can see there is someone unde the cape.

New finisher was ok. Ultimate is just too big to be cool, though.

The episode was good, but i really think they could've used the other general instead of Damaras. He showed so much in terms of development after Walz died that I think they could've done more with him.

Gavan armor doesn't look as dated as some the older riders costumes, but it's still a bit dated. And I didn't know Gavan's actor was also a sentai member (he was in 199 heroes).
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

m4rc0 wrote:And I didn't know Gavan's actor was also a sentai member (he was in 199 heroes).
He wasn't just in sentai, he was all over sentai the first few years.

His name is Kenji Ohba. He played Daigoro/Denji Blue (his role in 199) in Denjiman and Shiro/Battle Kenya in Battle Fever J. He also did many of his own stunts, and was actually the suit actor for Denji Blue and Battle Cossack (not Battle Kenya, his non-suited character on that show, people get confused). He actually got his start as a suit actor for Akaranger in Goranger.

More recently he played Dan, Jyan's father, in Gekiranger.

Here's the kicker: in addition to Gavan, he's reprised the roles of both Daigoro and Shiro for the movie!

http://orendsrange.blogspot.com/2011/11 ... ition.html
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

Kinda of let down after the build up of Don in the last episode but not to surprising, I did enjoy his fight to free Marvelous, also nice of them to acknowledge Navi as part of team.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”