I claim this bounty in the name of #TV-Nihon! Arrr
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Goseiger | Gokaiger | AkibaRanger >
DREWdesu
7X

Re: Gokaiger 50 released

Post by DREWdesu »

This episode was great and really moving. Hasn't been this good in ages actually!
The cameos were great and I loved Goushi's cameo!!!! I missed his over-testosteronish voice ROFL.
What I love about the Gokaigers is the character chemistry and character development, they are greatly written characters. (Even though Joe is kind of bland and Ahim gets the short end of the stick in regards to character centric-episodes) this is what I love so much about Gokaiger.
Finally Ackdos Gill is menacing enough!
AND YES ARMORED TYRANNORANGER !!!

Preview
Spoiler
Yes, Helmetless henshin :D... followed by a helmet ... fight... xD and I'm so happy that PteraRanger and TigerRanger GokaiChanges appear :D
Last edited by DREWdesu on Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kalsembar
Gao
Favorite series: Dairanger
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Sentai
Quote: "Let's Morphin'!"

Post by Kalsembar »

^you fail @ spoilers
DREWdesu
7X

Post by DREWdesu »

^^^
Thanks for the heads up.

Hey guys do you think that Episode 50 is kind of like Countdown to Destruction (Power Rangers in Space) in a sense with the whole Evil Space Empire tyranny thing happening?

The only differences include
-Plot Differences
-Grand Power is destroyed so the rangers can finish the evil space empire themselves vs Destroy Space Mentor so the whole universe is saved.

This makes me hope that the Power Rangers Adaptation would have a much higher budget in this case... unless if they pull another Samurai
remolay
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Wizard's Costume
Favorite Actor?: Simon Pegg
Favorite Band: Queen
My boom: Babylon 5
Quote: There's a hole in my neighborhood down which of late I cannot help but fall.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by remolay »

We're almost at the end. I'm glad I started Super Sentai with this series. I got to see a taste of just about everyone and I still got the burst of nostalgia from bits I recognized.

Like the Zyuranger change here. I don't care if it's not Power Rangers, the little kid in me loved it

Now I'm going back and watching whatever I can. Working on the little bit of Zyuranger there is and I've started on Shinkenger. Did the same thing with Kamen Rider by watching Decade. I regret that part.

Looking forward to the actual end. Dear Emperor Ackudos Giru, BRING IT!
Well I guess I'm not a pirate anymore now that img limits exist.

Help I can't help finding every yellow ranger cute
Nihon_Rider_105
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Decade
Favorite Actor?: Ryosuke Miura
Favorite Band: Alice Nine
My boom: Shock A Lacka
Quote: it's not the destination,it's the journey

Post by Nihon_Rider_105 »

I'm sad to see this series coming to an end :(
but besides that, this ep was awesome! I love to see the past members actually not just appear but to actually teach them and give them advice. It's gonna be an epic conclusion :D
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

This is pretty much what we were all expecting, I'm sure. For one thing, we went into this episode knowing it was the second to last. What exactly would they do for the last episode if they used the treasure in this one? Go to Disneyland?

Some of you guys even called it: using it would be too boring for them.

Not enough Goushi. Not nearly enough. But at least somebody from Zyuranger finally showed up, and Marvelous used the Dragon Armor. As somebody pointed out from the preview last week, he wasn't wearing the gold Dyno Buckler, but let's not nitpick. As one of you said this week, we're almost sure to see this in the PR adaptation, and I look forward to it. It may even look more epic with Ron Wasserman blasting in the background. :lol:
m4rc0 wrote:A very good episode. Unfortunately, Gokaiger is ending. It was a nice ride. At least we still have Gobus vs gokai, SH War, vs Gavan, ghost ship. I hope they make a V-Cinema special too.
Exactly. Some of that stuff is months away from being released, and all of it is months (if not a year or more) away from a translation (depending on when it's released on DVD). There's no need to get teary eyed... yet, anyway.

There's also one you didn't mention: A Day of One Hero (or as I like to call it, Doc's Got a Gun :lol: ). Yes, I know, it's a mocumentary of the series outside of the Gokaiger canon, but it still has everybody in it, and I'm sure TV-Nihon will translate it eventually.
evel333
7X
Favorite series: Dairanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Type: INTP Architect

Post by evel333 »

PHurricane wrote:ISince they’re fully embracing being a super sentai team now, I wonder if the opening narration will switch to the 35 super sentai that protected people’s smiles or how the powers of the 34 super sentai were inherited/restored by the 35th super sentai (instead of just unbelievable rogues).
It would be a neat touch if they did. Reminds me of Gekiranger in its final episode, where
Spoiler
the intro was changed to reflect the incorporation of RinJyuken.
friendlyquark
7X
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Bruce Banner
Favorite Actor?: Jet Li
Favorite Band: Imogen Heap
My boom: writing
Quote: Ca va, go-busters?

Post by friendlyquark »

I reserve the right to get teary-eyed regardless. :) I don't think I've loved a series this much since Geki. Not to run down Goseiger, but it had even worse villians than Gokaiger does. I do miss having decent villains in this one, but must say that other than that Gokaiger has been very nice indeed. It certainly scores highest for fan service. LOL
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

Decent episode, and cool to see the guest stars.
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

toni2212 wrote:@m4rco

I've heard about v-cinema for KR franchise, but does Sentai has one too?
Well, Shinken had a v-cinema movie. I think Gokai deserves one too. And I would't mind a DVD special, like the one Shinken had.
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

Not a bad episode, pretty entertaining. With the series coming to an end, I want to say one thing: By blowing up what you were searching for for so many years, you let the apprentice pirate blow it up and then make him a full-fledged pirate? Wow...

On another note, liked all the throwbacks to the civilians they met along the way and Dr. Amachi still helping people out.

Nice to finally see what Megaranger's Grand Power is. I can't remember if they showed it in the series or VS movie. I remember
Spoiler
Goran Gokai-O showing up in the VS movie.

Final Episode looks to be exciting.

I can't wait.
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

This episode was awesome! I loved the surprise guest cameos as I didn't expect it at all. Great to see Goushi back too as I was wondering if we were going to see a Zyuranger alumni. The conflict the Gokaiger team has to go through is giving me that epic feel so I like that. Sucks that Gai had to destroy the Tri-Force too but doing that allows the team to confront the Zangyack the old fashion way. Nothing wrong with that. Lastly, I cheered when I saw TyrannoRanger with the Dragon Armor. Now that takes me back to my childhood!
kamphfer
Adventure
Favorite series: 08TH MS TEAM
2nd Favorite Series: den-o
Dreamy: rina koike
Favorite Actor?: sayaka isoyama
Favorite Band: maximum the hormone

Post by kamphfer »

so when marv says "hey tori", and navi responds "dont call me bird", it should have been "dont call me GATE".... it makes more sense.....i mean why would a bird, wouldnt want to be called a bird...
SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO RESORT TO EVIL, TO DO GOOD!!!
Sheldon131
7X
Favorite series: Abaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze
Quote: The smart thing is to prepare for the unexpected.

Post by Sheldon131 »

I almost cried when I saw the preview for the last episode! :(
TheLastTatlFan
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Dekaranger/Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger/W
Dreamy: Mao Ichimichi
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kamen Rider/Sentai
Quote: "There is no justice in this battle. There is just a single, pure wish."

Post by TheLastTatlFan »

kamphfer wrote:so when marv says "hey tori", and navi responds "dont call me bird", it should have been "dont call me GATE".... it makes more sense.....i mean why would a bird, wouldnt want to be called a bird...
For the same reason you remind your boss of your name when he addresses you as "You" or "Boy" or "Kid." Because you have a name and you feel you deserve enough respect to be called by it.

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”