Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Goseiger | Gokaiger | AkibaRanger >
Irish Ranger
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com

Re: Gokaiger the Movie released

Post by Irish Ranger »

Lunagel wrote:At 6 minutes in Ahim and Luka make out in the crow's nest. It totally happened.
Damn right it did.

This movie is a lot of fun. It's also crazy as hell. I really liked the fight between Gokai Red and Los Dark, though the wire work was a little on the choppy side at times. The Gokai-Oh/Fake Gokai-Oh fight was also great.

I love that Marvelous used the God Eye to bring the other Gokaigers back. It's no surprise given that they're his greatest treasure in the universe.

Luka trying to take Joe's food was funny, as was Navi trolling Gai.

One thing did puzzle me though. Why did Gai summon Goujyu Rex if he was simply going to transform it into Goujyu Drill? Why not just summon Goujyu Drill in the first place?

All in all though, it's a great film.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I did like the monster made up from all the mooks. The G3 princess part was random.

Did the Fake Gokaioh ever appear in the series? I can't remember. Usually the extra mech from the movie makes one token appearance in the series, even if it was an enemy mech (which happened in Abaranger).
Irish Ranger

Post by Irish Ranger »

No, Fake Gokai-Oh never appeared in the show.
Muzae
There are five lights!
There are five lights!
Favorite series: KR Black, Gavan
2nd Favorite Series: Flashman, Jetman
Dreamy: Hina-chan,Koyomi
Favorite Actor?: K Tetsuo, O Kenji
Favorite Band: l'arc en ciel
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Legend Z
Quote: まだ 男-たち が 自由 に 憧れ..
まだ 女-たち 和 優しさ の 時代..

Post by Muzae »

takenoko wrote:Nah, cartoon physics apply here.

Luna actually found out why the ghosts were here. Two of them are singers who sang for GoRanger (Sasaki Iwao I think and someone lady). The third guy was a part of that Ultraman group and he sang some stuff, was it the Gokaiger opening? So they're musical Sentai guests.
they are not just singers, but also actors and voice actors for many classics animes and tokus, still remember listen to 'em when I was a kid, their appearances in this movie as ghosts amused me.... but i don't know much about that Project DMM/Project R guy..
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

There really not much to say about this other than that random movie is random.
lesovikk
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Sexy Voice and Robo
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
Dreamy: Marika Reimon
Favorite Actor?: Ayumi konoshita
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Photography

Post by lesovikk »

It was a BLAM and a blast.

I just have one nagging question, why isn't the god eye the greatest treasure in the universe(other than for the plot to continue)? It (seems) like it can do what the triforce promised, except without consuming the grand powers and existence of the previous 34 sentai.

It took the release of this movie for me to realize the importance of gokai red's hand-off to buster red. :))
Mystery King of know-nothingness, thats me!
Image kudos to morgan-lamina for the stamp <3
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

well, since Marv used his wish for a small thing(yes, recover his crew is a small thing in term of wishes) we don't know how powerful the eye really is. the bad guy wanted to use it to control the universe, but there is no proof the eye is capable of such a wish. Maybe is just a less powerful version.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

Well.... it was a movie at least. and i didn't hate it.
ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM
Faiz
Favorite series: Garo/Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Kabuto/Blade
Dreamy: Takanashi Rin
Favorite Band: Too many to list
My boom: Gundam
Quote: We're not tools of the government or anyone elses. Fighting was the only thing i was good at, but at least i fought for what i believed in.-Gray Fox

Post by ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM »

Barizorg/ Insaan's crew falling when the Ghost ship moves away causing them to land off target was pretty lolz.

Other than that, awesome Sword fight with Los Dark Marvelous! I just love how fast paced it was.

Too bad they didn't do some more all color combo Gokai Changes. But it was interesting to see the Gorangers get more love (and a nice nod from Yakyuu Kamen about it being 35 years since they saw each other XD).
We Begin The Armed Intervention with Gundam
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

Gai with short hair. His pose looks more like a KR's henshin.

I guess it makes sense for Luka's wish to be the greatest treasure since she loves money.

Walz Gil. I missed him. Bazirorg too. LOL @ Barizorg and Insaan's fail.

Why would the spirits of the kaijin go to an alien ghost ship?

Fodder Gattai was nice and LOL @ it's dance.

wtf G3 Princess ball?

1500? 34 x 50 is 1700. Ok, not all series had 50 eps, but we have to count foot soldiers and movie villains...

Go, leader, we'll stay behind and catch up to you. Classic shounen. And the friendly punch too.

Seein abrera reminded me that Deka already had super foot soldiers like the sgormin and dogormin.

Mabe, you can't do a rider kick. But telling the others it was a fake was nice. Even though they could tell.

What pose was that, Doc?

So, look who's complaining about pirated versions...

Gai manageged to get trolled by navi...

Mabe's fight against the pirate was cool and that giant fight was very good.

But those three little ghosts were totally useless. And I think the enemy's mecha being a version of GokaiOh was just lazy. And they could've gotten away with that just by saying that he had created a copy of their robot to fight them. The same with the old kaijin. He should've told that the skull would send them to a certain place and give it some meaning.

It was fun. But not awesome. I'm a bit sad that this is the last I'll watch of Gokaiger in a while... I hope the Vs Gavan, super hero war and Buster Vs Gokai are better than that. And a V-cinema movie would be nice too.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

m4rc0 wrote: 1500? 34 x 50 is 1700. Ok, not all series had 50 eps, but we have to count foot soldiers and movie villains...
i'm more interested in the ghosts of machines(except go-onger, i don't think any machine-based villains were confirmed as having a soul...)
about thoe 200 souls...maybe they found peace?
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

m4rc0 wrote: It was fun. But not awesome. I'm a bit sad that this is the last I'll watch of Gokaiger in a while... I hope the Vs Gavan, super hero war and Buster Vs Gokai are better than that. And a V-cinema movie would be nice too.
Don't quote me on this, but I think that the V.S. Gavan movie IS the v-cinema for gokaiger. It kinda matches up with it anyway.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

FangTrigger wrote:
m4rc0 wrote: It was fun. But not awesome. I'm a bit sad that this is the last I'll watch of Gokaiger in a while... I hope the Vs Gavan, super hero war and Buster Vs Gokai are better than that. And a V-cinema movie would be nice too.
Don't quote me on this, but I think that the V.S. Gavan movie IS the v-cinema for gokaiger. It kinda matches up with it anyway.
it would make sense, since they already had their goseiger team up in the form of the 199 heroes movie.
ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM
Faiz
Favorite series: Garo/Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Kabuto/Blade
Dreamy: Takanashi Rin
Favorite Band: Too many to list
My boom: Gundam
Quote: We're not tools of the government or anyone elses. Fighting was the only thing i was good at, but at least i fought for what i believed in.-Gray Fox

Post by ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM »

FangTrigger wrote:
I think m4rco's referring to something akin to Shinkenger Returns and Goseiger Returns when he says V-cinema. The VS movies are now theatrical films now since Go-On Vs Geki.
We Begin The Armed Intervention with Gundam
Zveirn
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Dreamy: Maomichi~
Favorite Actor?: Tetsuo Kurata
Favorite Band: SNSD
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: So Nyuh Shi Dae
Quote: Let's make this showy!

Post by Zveirn »

toni2212 wrote:Can someone explain why does Gai is being left out from the movie's adventures? Yeah, he does appear at the first, but that's all.
IIRC, the reason for this is because they tend to shoot scenes for the summer movies alongside filming for the early episodes. Since the 6th ranger guys usually join in the middle, their scenes are filmed much later, hence them usually being left out of the main plot.

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”