DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Ratings Poll: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger

Post by DaVinci030 »

Man. I missed the show so much, even the actors. Still my #1 favorite Sentai series and it makes me want to do the ratings poll. It's been three years since the show ends and I still wanted to rewatch it... maybe? Anyway, I give a 5 since the characters look kinda cool... especially the action commanders (MotW).

What about you guys? What's your opinion on this show? Opinions on the characters, villains, whatever.

http://takkynoko.tumblr.com/tagged/Kaiz ... i-Gokaiger

xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray
Alignment: Neutral Good

Re: Ratings Poll: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger

Post by xiiliea »

Still my favorite Sentai after watching 12 Sentais. All the story arcs are interesting and MOTWs aren't boring because each has a good story to them. Maybe I can give a better ranking of it after watching Boukenger to Shinkenger which I haven't.
Gokai Green
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Onger
Dreamy: Luka
Favorite Actor?: Ryota Ozawa
Quote: "In order to gain something, you must give something up."- Basco

Post by Gokai Green »

I absolutely love this show. Not so much for the nostalgia and Gokai changes since I was new to sentai at the time but how good the characters and cast was. Each character had their own distinct personalities and the actors had some of the best chemistry I've ever seen in a sentai. The story was good and I liked the message it tried to convey which was basically achieving ones dreams and not letting anyone stand in your way to take it. The suit designs are some of the best, the mechs except for Hurrican Gokai-Oh was cool, and I personally liked the villains especially Basco. The only flaw the show had was not focusing a little more on the Zangyack which was understandable since after the deadly Tsunami and Earthquake the show shifted it's focus more on the heroes.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I thought this series was great. Sentai did what Decade probably should have been.
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

Leaving aside my samurai fetish Gokaigers was the best series I watched however on various level Shinkenger story (especailly about kagemusha) is still my favorite. A solid 5 and this is one of two series I consider at top of my list along with Shinkenger.
wisdomcat
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by wisdomcat »

Gave it a 5 cause it did a better tribute to its former super sentai than Decade did. (Decade was a trainwreck)
paulkyrby
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Yuriko Shiratori
Favorite Band: Kamen Rider Girls
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Quote: "If you change yourself, the world will change. That is the path of heaven."
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by paulkyrby »

Wouldn't have rediscovered my love for Toku if not for Gokaiger. I loved the characters and their stories, the suit designs were awesome, and cameo appearances got me good (especially Tsuruhime's at the end of episode 45).
revjurneyman
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Quote: I am pissed off at mach speed!

Post by revjurneyman »

Toei just loves to drag out as many old suits as they can whenever they can find an excuse to do it! Its an easy hit with fans and sometimes, IMO, feels a bit forced - but not with Gokaiger. I am still exploring the full range of the Super Sentai Series and Gokaiger has turned a fledgling love into an obsession! 5/5 for characters, costumes, bad guys, story, direction, and stunt cooridination!
BuraddoRun
7X
Favorite series: Go-Onger
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Shiraishi Mako
Favorite Actor?: Takeshi Kitano
Favorite Band: Momoiro Clover Z
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: MLB
Quote: "Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool." -Isaiah 1:18

Post by BuraddoRun »

Heh, so far all of my poll ratings have been 5s. I'm sure some will be lower when I get to them, but definitely NOT Gokaiger!

So what was great about this show? The cast and characters were all awesome in their own right, and the action was top-notch. But the "gimmick" of the transformations into past sentai really worked, and as such didn't feel gimmicky at all. It really felt like a true celebration of the history of Super Sentai, and I LOVE how they literally got at least 1 actor from EVERY prior series to make an appearance at some point in the show (or movies). I had trepidation of actually watching Gokaiger when I did, because at the time I think I had only seen 5 other Sentai series, and I worried about spoiling those older shows. But if anything, Gokaiger only pumped up my desire TO see all of these older shows (once they hopefully all get subbed; at least there are still a bunch available that I haven't yet seen and of course they keep making new ones too so :D ).

So yeah, now I make it a point after I finish an older series (as far as TVN goes, Magiranger was my last completed older show...I'm not watching in any particular order) to rewatch the Gokaiger episode when they meet their sempai and get their Grand Power.

Good stuff, and definitely beloved in my memory.
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

I loved this show for multiple reasons. Though, except for Basco the villains were terrible. It had one of the best hero teams I've seen - even the 6th ranger was awesome!
I give it a great big 4!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I didn't really like it. I feel like an intergalactic pirate sentai on its own would be great, but I feel like it was wasted on the anniversary series.
Knight of L-sama
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: It is a place that dwells in the memory of those who still dream of its ancient glory. A world revered for its beauty, mystery and danger. On a planet of endless adventure such a land is known as El-Hazard. If your spirit has wings to travel, even across the breadth of a thousand, million night, imagination will guide the way and the gates of El-Hazard will always be open to you.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Knight of L-sama »

On the whole a very good series but not perfect, though that is in part of what it's supposed to be. As an anniversary series its paying tribute to every series, which is fine, but the tributes to the weaker series (I'm looking at you Carranger) sometimes let the series down over all.

Also Doc's weird poses did bad things to the drama.

But on the whole it managed to rise above its shortcomings and become something better than the sum of its parts, especially working the tributes into its own story arcs.
Welcome to the Sea of Chaos!
redfarmer
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Kyoryuger, Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Drive
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by redfarmer »

You always remember your first.

Gokaiger initiated me into Super Sentai (and toku). There's been great stuff in series since, but it's still thanks to Gokaiger I got hooked.
Watched:
Dairanger, Kakuranger, Dekaranger, Magiranger, Boukenger, Gekiranger, Shinkenger, Goseiger, Gokaiger, Go-busters, Kyoryuger, Jyuohger
Ryuki, 555, Blade, Kabuto, Fourze, Wizard, Drive

Watching:
Ohranger, Kyuuranger
Den-o, Ex-Aid
Impact
7X
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Dairanger
Favorite Band: Gackt
My boom: Shio Ramen
Quote: "Dios no me ama!"

Post by Impact »

Gokaiger was my first sentai, so it could be that I'm biased, but I gave it a five. I loved most everything about the series, from it's funny and light episodes, to it's serious and sombre ones. My favorite enemy was kiaidou. I felt he would have been a greater obsticle for Marvelous throughout the series as opposed to one episode.
Katiana
Adventure
Favorite series: too many to list
Favorite Band: Eyeshine
My boom: Toku

Post by Katiana »

Absolutely loved the series and is still one of my favorites (have a hard choosing once specific favorite but it's up there with Hurricanger, Jetman, and Dairanger) so it's a solid 5 for me. Loved the characters and the near perfect chemistry between the actors. I have to agree with a few people, the Zangyack were a rather weak enemy but Basco was awesome.

Loved the tribute episodes and again have to agree that they did what Decade tried to do and failed miserably at but Gokaiger did it perfectly. My favorite had to have been the Hurricanger team up. I still go back and rewatch the tribute episodes anytime I finish a Sentai I hadn't watched before I watched Gokaiger.

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”