I claim this bounty in the name of #TV-Nihon! Arrr
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Goseiger | Gokaiger | AkibaRanger >
Infernoshadow211
Adventure

Re: Gokaiger 01 released

Post by Infernoshadow211 »

Thanks for the new episode. I figure it must be a pain in the ass to do all new fonts and effects for each season, so thanks. I just have to say that I have never wanted to make a suit so badly until now. I love the helmet and suit design. So simple and yet so pirate-like.
neonblue2
Gabu
Favorite series: A lot
My boom: Kitties!

Post by neonblue2 »

So...

Japanese Space Pirate Decades with a Gundam-like mech, from another planet?

COOL :shock:
JSoup

Post by JSoup »

I have a harder time enjoying Super Sentai, for some reason, as apposed to Kamen Rider. I think it's because Sentai tends to have more goofy humor and I'm not a big fan of that. But I'm willing to give this a shot.
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

ViRGE wrote:
chickdigger802 wrote:hmm I dled the HD version. For some reason I feel the framerate is somewhat off.

Very slight stuttering.

Might just be cuz I'm installing sp 1 for win7 right now though =P
Unfortunately it doesn't look like there's anything wrong with your system. It's an IVTC issue - after the frames were reconstructed the wrong frame was dropped, resulting in a proper frame being dropped instead of the duplicate being dropped.* TV-N had the same problem with Shinkenger, and while I'm not the encoder I'm going to bet it's a problem with the raw source just as it was with Shinkenger. Whoever their raw source is on Kamen Rider doesn't have this issue, which is why it only shows up on Gokaiger with its different source.

In any case the net result is that while the file is playing at 24fps, the effective framerate drops to 18fps (3 originals + 1 dupe) at times, with those duplicate frames causing significant judder (~41ms).

* Telecine expands 24fps to 60 interlaced fields; this involves duplicating some frames and not others. IVTC can reconstruct the progressive frames from the interlaced fields, but the result is 30fps; out of a series of 5 frames, there are 4 originals and 1 duplicate. The final step of the process is discarding the duplicate.

It should be noted that TV Asahi makes this particularly difficult. If you watch carefully, those scrolling messages at the bottom of the screen in the middle of most KR/Sentai episodes are actually being inserted at 60i. So you have a 24fps film source being telecined, and then a native 60i element being inserted on top of it. It's hell for IVTC.
looks like its a bad IVTC by the Japanese encoder, not much we can do to fix that, we are looking at another raw, hopefully that will be a better
The reason Kamen Rider doesnt suffer from it, is down to use having a transport stream for it so we can do our own IVTC on it,
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
nekuth
Number 6
Number 6

Post by nekuth »

am i the only one to notice the show focused on Curry Rice? wasn't that the favourite food of one of the Gorangers? maybe we'll see a theme along those lines, a little thing from each series
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

>I literally cannot tell if there's meant to be blur on the text or if that's just bleeding, but either way what appears to be a solid block of color (the series symbols) always turns into a slightly hazy grey mess.

I just looked it over and it looks fine, with the exception of the Magi symbol because it's small and completely covered up by the words. The problem with what you're saying is that white and black are the best combinations when giving contrast, so your claim that it turns into a gray mess seems... I dunno... confusing?

The one thing I don't like about the symbol behind the words thing is that personally, I don't like the words competing with the symbol for visibility. That's why if I did a show with symbols, I'd probably prefer to have them on the side or something rather than directly behind. But yeah, maybe your later suggestion of using color would alleviate this problem

>Could you think about abandoning the 20th century now --tune fastdecode can give such great and, as the name implies, easily decodable results?

I was thinking about this too, don't you have a 360 hooked up to your monitor? Xboxes can play HD videos, I thought? Also, maybe you should get a 21st century computer so that you can play HD videos right! Hoho! That's irony for you! See what I did there? I turned what you said around... well... You know, with the mirroring of words? I think that's irony at least...
ShadowX7
NagoSan
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Fourze, P4A/G
Quote: "Misunderstandings happens all the time, more so on the internet."

Post by ShadowX7 »

nekuth wrote:am i the only one to notice the show focused on Curry Rice? wasn't that the favourite food of one of the Gorangers? maybe we'll see a theme along those lines, a little thing from each series
It's really hard to tell that just from the 1st episode

But I guess it would be somewhat funny if every time they tried to eat curry rice, they are interrupted by their enemies
I hope they kept the school teacher, or at least someone old to explain what sentai teams the Gokaiger turns into, since I still don't know all the names of previous sentai teams
"You count the medals, one, two, and three! Life goes on, anything goes, coming up OOO!"
Barim
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: SS: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: KR: Ryuki
Favorite Band: Queen

Post by Barim »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:
Barim wrote:Most are semi-obvious, but I'm not getting the Liveman one
It's basically referring to this:
Spoiler
Then the first translation I read made slightly more sense.

"Why'd their friends do that to Liveman"

The single words TVN used seemed to lose a bit of the meaning.
Spoiler
Once the Heron to set his path,
Twice the Heron to name him true,
Once the Dragon for remembrance lost,
Twice the Dragon for the price he must pay.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I have to admit that I actually didn't understand the Liveman one either. It's such a short line that I kind of wonder if it's a line lifted from the show like "Friends, why...?!" I guess it's just something that people can't get without being in the know. I guess we could modify it as "Friends, why did you do that?!" since the line is addressed towards the friends
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

From what I remember about Liveman, the main villains were actually friends of the rangers until they turned to the "devil" or something like that (No, it's not a spoiler, it's in the first episode and in the talky bit before the OP) so the OP announcer says "Tomo yo...kimitachi wa naze?! blah blah blee" I'm guessing that's what they're referencing.
ShadowX7
NagoSan
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz
My boom: Fourze, P4A/G
Quote: "Misunderstandings happens all the time, more so on the internet."

Post by ShadowX7 »

Okay, I've been thinking about this for a while now, but I can't come up with a logical reason for it...

So the teacher somehow knew that Gokaiger is the 35th Super Sentai, so does what does this mean, exactly?
If Super Sentai is real, then does this mean that Earth Japan is always attacked by monsters every year? (must be hard to live there :P)
What happened to the Super Sentai team that defended Japan previously?
Did they just quit after protecting Japan for 1 year? (what a bunch of jerks!)
"You count the medals, one, two, and three! Life goes on, anything goes, coming up OOO!"
remolay
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Wizard's Costume
Favorite Actor?: Simon Pegg
Favorite Band: Queen
My boom: Babylon 5
Quote: There's a hole in my neighborhood down which of late I cannot help but fall.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by remolay »

Each sentai series usually takes place in its own universe, correct?

We don't know this universe well enough yet, but yeah, they all seemed to have existed in it. We don't know what happened to them in this universe. They could have lost their powers until the times of the great Sentai war. They could have gone on to protect parts of the world that didn't speak Japanese. Either way, all 34 of the protected Japan at some point, and they all lost their powers sealing up this space empire.
The worst part is that we will most likely never know what happened. Every explanation will be pure Fanon. I spend too much time on TvTropes.
Well I guess I'm not a pirate anymore now that img limits exist.

Help I can't help finding every yellow ranger cute
MagnaRyu
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Ryuki,Blade,Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Ryukendo,KS7
Favorite Actor?: Matsuda Satoshi
Favorite Band: AnCafe,Gackt,ViDoll
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: All Things Japanese
Quote: Check out my prop making skills at: http://forum.indymogul.com/showthread.php?t=30986

Post by MagnaRyu »

So far this show is off to a pretty interesting start. Can't wait to see more "sentai-cycling" (that's what i call their changing into different teams. Is it stupid calling it that? Maybe, but it's my thing so deal with it :D ).

Also I noticed people asking what happened to the other teams. Which I thought was explained very well in the begining of the episode. All the teams combined their powers and in doing so stopped the invasion but also sacrificed themselves in the process (i know i've seen that tactic used somewhere else with the same outcome but can't remember where). Their powers and essences drifting off into space (that's how i understood it).
As to how the powers were put into keys, well we will just have to watch and hopefully they explain this fully.
I'm A Gackt Fan And I'm Male. Got A Problem With That?

Check out my prop making skills at: http://forum.indymogul.com/showthread.php?t=30986
squashy
Gabu
Dreamy: Koyomi-tan~
Favorite Actor?: Takamasa Suga
Favorite Band: Fall Out Boy
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Chokushi no Magan
Quote: I'm full of motivation!

Post by squashy »

I wonder if there would be a KR Decade crossover or an AkaRed episode ...
Image RIDER HEADBUTT!!!
JSoup

Post by JSoup »

nekuth wrote:am i the only one to notice the show focused on Curry Rice? wasn't that the favourite food of one of the Gorangers? maybe we'll see a theme along those lines, a little thing from each series
It bugged the crap out of me at the time as I had been craving beef curry rice for a few weeks (a craving a dealt with this last weekend). Sadly, it really is one of those dishes that just tastes better when a restaurant makes it.

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”