It's not even funny
It's not even funny
Favorite series: OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: TaJaDoru
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: SNSD <3
My boom: SNSD <3
Quote: Black absorbs all colours. Therefore I shall become the darkness that devours everything.

Re: Gokaiger 01 released

Post by enthalith »

Pretty flashy for a first episode. I totally love the henshin scene and speech, "GokaiChange *flash flash flash*, Gokai Red~Pink. Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger" Short and sweet, thats how they're supposed to do it.

Since the 34 Sentais saved Earth from Zangyack once, well its kinda obvious that all the humans would remember who lost their powers for them.

Not sure if anyone posted this before, but i THINK i know how they got all those Sentai keys
Spoiler
They showed the lost of Sentai powers right? They even made it that it was shot off Earth, maybe our pirate friends managed to collect all of it.

[snip]
Last edited by XIII on Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: that sounds very spoilery, please dont
AeonRanger
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Chou Sei Shin
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Actor?: Inuoe Masahrio
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: HENSHIN

Post by AeonRanger »

i like how you put pirate sentai gokaiger on the english sub at the end of the opening theme just to signify that yes it is a pirate sentai. this show is awesome what's the name for the episodes called Dai? that's either big or round right? the gattai is pretty cool the fight scene at the beginning was awesome. i bet this treasure on earth is going to be something cheezy. this series is gonna be sweet
Tensou - Let me count the number of your crimes
remolay
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Wizard's Costume
Favorite Actor?: Simon Pegg
Favorite Band: Queen
My boom: Babylon 5
Quote: There's a hole in my neighborhood down which of late I cannot help but fall.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by remolay »

ViRGE wrote:So pardon my density here, but what does Gokai mean? I'm assuming it's a contraction of further words?
I know it's not the most awesome source out there, but I put it into Google Translate and got Society. Corrections are most welcome here
Well I guess I'm not a pirate anymore now that img limits exist.

Help I can't help finding every yellow ranger cute
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

ViRGE wrote:So pardon my density here, but what does Gokai mean? I'm assuming it's a contraction of further words?
Take did answer that in the other thread for you.
http://tvnihon.com/forums/viewtopic.php ... 33#p133733
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
Kagali
Infinity

Post by Kagali »

The only thing I didn't like here is that it feels like we got to see glimpses of everyone's character but Joe, but otherwise it was a great episode.

Also, I'm surprised they got back the original red ranger actor for such a short role, but it was fun.
vick86
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dairanger
My boom: Supernatural

Post by vick86 »

Pirate theme + the ability to change into the previous sentai = AWESOME MARVELOUS.

For once I really like the suits and the mecha on the sentai side, even the plastic weapons aren't as egregious they are most of the time. Sadly the enemies don't fare as well. The CGI explosions seem to have improved quite dramatically however.

At this stage it's hard to really say much about the characters. I do like the fact that in all the recent series they're trying to make Red a little different. It's clear that Marvelous will once again be a very different red.

As for the series in general. I hold high hopes at this stage. I like the fact the series is little more out there. From what little I've seen of it Goseiger felt very much like a traditional back to basics Sentai. It's good to see that after Shinkenger they're doing something a little bit different once again.
friendlyquark
7X
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Bruce Banner
Favorite Actor?: Jet Li
Favorite Band: Imogen Heap
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: writing
Quote: Ca va, go-busters?

Post by friendlyquark »

enthalith, I agree with your assumption about that. I think it seems a fairly reasonable theory.

I really liked this first episode. Obviously, whatever trauma they all suffered when their home world(s) got taken over will prove to be enough to get them to defend Earth eventually, but I like that they have no investment in this planet to begin with. I think Marvelous is one of the better Reds in a long time. He's up there with ShinkenRed in my book. I know that Reds have to be a little fiery, but I am partial to the cool blues myself and like a leader with more restraint than say Go-on Red had. :P

Great premise, great mecha, nice fighting styles, looking forward to ep.2
Arawynn
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Garo, KR Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kouga, Tetsu
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Arawynn »

Good start to the season in my opinion. The actors are pretty ok. Though Marvelous could work a bit more on his cool smug attitude . His mouth twisting smile or whatever that was didnt work at all :mrgreen:. Also I wish his name was something Japanese. Hearing the others call him Marberussu is sure to get annoying after a while.

The charecterization is pretty definite. I like the silent and tough Blue the best of the lot!
Luka looks a lot like Ranru from Abaranger at first glance.
Gokai green needs to adapt a new pose however.
The stunts and fights were amazing! I am glad they didnt do the complete pose and roll call stuff of all the past sentai they transformed into. LOL!

Both opening and ending tracks were good. The ending track sounded a lot like Goonger ending track though.

Looking forward to the next ep. As usual amazing job of the subs and karaoke! :D
KR - Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-o, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze Sentai - Dai, Time, Gao, Hurrican, Aba, Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-on, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Gobust Other: Garo, Garo: Makai Senki
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

AeonRanger wrote:what's the name for the episodes called Dai?
from what i've read, it has no particular name for the episodes. it'll name an episode the same way he episodes were named for the season of a team they turn into. they turned into Shinkenger in the first episode, so the title was Act 1. in an episode where they become Goseiger, it'll probably be called an Epic.
Kamen Rider Aranu
Mega
Favorite series: OOO
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Kizoku Kodomo[Aranu]
Favorite Actor?: Matt Smith
Favorite Band: Alice Cooper
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Super Sentai
Quote: "Henshin."

Post by Kamen Rider Aranu »

It would be awsome to see one key get passed around ranger to ranger during a battle, jsut like the sabres and pistols.
ImageImage
remolay
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Wizard's Costume
Favorite Actor?: Simon Pegg
Favorite Band: Queen
My boom: Babylon 5
Quote: There's a hole in my neighborhood down which of late I cannot help but fall.

Post by remolay »

Admittedly, I just want them to transform into Carranger. This is mainly because I want to hear the morpher yell out CAAAAARRANGER!
Well I guess I'm not a pirate anymore now that img limits exist.

Help I can't help finding every yellow ranger cute
lonegamer7
Save the life
Favorite series: Transformers
2nd Favorite Series: Mythbusters

Post by lonegamer7 »

Lunagel wrote:
Barim wrote:Decent introduction for the team, so Hakase is not Professor? Was expecting you to either leaving it intact, or refer to him as prof or something, Doc also works of course.
There was a very long and very intricate discussion in QC about whether to use doc/prof/hakase, but the majority preferred doc, so that's what we went with.
Barim wrote: If I may ask, what were the motivations behind the preference?

Basically I'm asking for a small lesson in Japanese here...

1. I take it then "Hakase" can be translated both as "Doctor" and "Professor"?
2. I know that in Dutch (and I'm certain in English as well), "Doctor" is a protected title with legal meaning, but "Professor" is not. Are the comparable titles treated the same in Japanese or are they treated differently? Or do they have a longer list of potential titles? As I do know Japanese is (overly) full of honorary titles...
I know "Light-hakase" from the Rockman franchise is usually translated as "Dr. Light" in English. Another fictional example of a non-medical "doctor" would be Doctor Emmett Lathrop "Doc" Brown from the Back to the Future series (well, they don't specify which field, but he's got a PhD). Plus, Don is a bit like Doc Brown, being inventors.

A better example of "professor" in Japanese would be Professor Layton, 教授 きょうじゅ kyouju.
chickdigger802
7X

Post by chickdigger802 »

hmm I dled the HD version. For some reason I feel the framerate is somewhat off.

Very slight stuttering.

Might just be cuz I'm installing sp 1 for win7 right now though =P
kyumie
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by kyumie »

This show did really grap mine attention.

I also agree with the rangerr war, it gave me glitches to the rider war but the fight does looked better.

I wonder what kind of treasure are they after.
Maby it´s the power of the Sentai Rangers? Maby to unlock their mecha form or familier to it?

Or is the greatest treasure on Earth, the carness and future hope to each other.

Anyway I enjoyed watching it.

Now Saban what are you going to do with Gokaiger :lol:

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”