Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger...Super Sentai's Decade...

I claim this bounty in the name of #TV-Nihon! Arrr
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Goseiger | Gokaiger | AkibaRanger >
kiyohime02
There are four lights!
There are four lights!
Quote: Tendou Souji.....EPIC Incarnated. @_@

Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger...Super Sentai's Decade...

Post by kiyohime02 »

They are, aren't they? if so, this will be very interesting. :D
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger...Super Sentai's Decade...

Post by Catastrophe »

To a degree. However, Decade was mainly celebrating 10 years of Hesei riders, while Gokaiger is the 35th anniversary that focuses on all sentai. To that effect (and based on the mistakes taken with Decade seen by many of the fans), chances are, it will be done better.
ScatterBrain
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen rider Den O
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen rider Faiz
Dreamy: Yuuto
Favorite Actor?: Yuichi Nakamura
Favorite Band: AAA
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Everything Japanese!
Quote: "Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof."

Post by ScatterBrain »

Catastrophe wrote:To a degree. However, Decade was mainly celebrating 10 years of Hesei riders, while Gokaiger is the 35th anniversary that focuses on all sentai. To that effect (and based on the mistakes taken with Decade seen by many of the fans), chances are, it will be done better.
You say that, but if they try to do any of the old mooks or monsters of the week from way back to goranger like decade did with the shocker troopers then they might make the same mistakes. Deccade was so good before they introduced them into the show; back then they might have been cool/scary but now they look ridiculas. They should have redisigned the costumes a bit instead of the balaclarva and spandex.
There's actually a clip of Gorangers (first sentai) on youtube in a WTF Tokusatsu video where
Spoiler
they go up against a monster called Captain Colon, and yes there is a reason for the name and yes it is as silly as it sounds.
Im not saying dont bring any of the old monsters back, just not any of the really old outdated looking ones that look like some parts are made from tinfoil and paper mashay.
Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, there is an idea and ideas are bulletproof!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I've seen pretty much all Sentia, so I know the monster you refer to. It depends if they do that whole combined army thing like they did with Dai Shocker for nostalgia. I'm pretty sure Gokaiger has a dedicated set of villains, so hopefully any old monsters will be saved for (if any) cross over movies.
Super Sentai Spirits
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Sentai
Favorite Band: Too many to name
My boom: Kicking Ass

Post by Super Sentai Spirits »

plus if they used any of the main villains from previous series they would have to recast alot or dont show them all in one ep. (esp for those actors who played multiple villains in the past 34 yrs)
アニメ、特撮、ROCKの垣根を越えて活動中!サイキックラバーです。
After the second role call nothing can go wrong

KickHopper
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: KR W & Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Keitei Sousakan 7
Dreamy: Why yes I am
Favorite Actor?: Watanabe Hiroyuki
Favorite Band: Royksopp
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Film Noir
Quote: "Walking the path of Hell, the man who serves no one."

Post by KickHopper »

Akared is Sentai's Decade, before there was a Decade.
ImageImage
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

The problem is, the Gokaigers put him out of the job. Who would have thought that 5 years of more anniversary power would allow one to become all sentai rather than one colour, lol.
m0lecules
Infinity
Favorite series: KR Decade and Double
2nd Favorite Series: KR Kabuto and Blade

Post by m0lecules »

This is purely my idea as a story why the villains from the previous Super Sentai team may not make an appearance. It is due to the story takes place on the same world as depicted on previous movies in which the following Super Sentai team will make a cameo appearance. Unlike in Kamen Rider in which the 9 previous Riders were individual stories, though there was the crossover movie between Den-O and Kiva.
ScatterBrain
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen rider Den O
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen rider Faiz
Dreamy: Yuuto
Favorite Actor?: Yuichi Nakamura
Favorite Band: AAA
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Everything Japanese!
Quote: "Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof."

Post by ScatterBrain »

m0lecules wrote:This is purely my idea as a story why the villains from the previous Super Sentai team may not make an appearance. It is due to the story takes place on the same world as depicted on previous movies in which the following Super Sentai team will make a cameo appearance. Unlike in Kamen Rider in which the 9 previous Riders were individual stories, though there was the crossover movie between Den-O and Kiva.
Well we will have to wait and see if any of the original cast come back for their sentai roles first. They (the directors) may just do a decade and have new actors to play the parts of each sentai team, possible saying this is an altenative reality compared to the regular sentai world (again like decade).
There may be one or two original actors reprising their roles like decade but thats ALOT of actors who have either become really big celebrities or are no longer in the acting profession, either way they may not even want to do it. It would be AMAZING if they got them all back, but we wont have any idea until they visit the first world or however their going to do it this series.
I have heard rumors of certain actors from past sentai being seen with the cast of gokaiger and if they are in it itl be great, but so far i think the only guests we can count on are the goseigers crew, what with the crossover movie thier sure to do.
As for none of the old monsters i think they probably will do one or two to cut costs on the costumes, after all they have the same perfect excuse decade did to use the old suits. again only time will tell.
Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, there is an idea and ideas are bulletproof!
WoodBetweenWorlds
Go Go!
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger, Kiva
Favorite Band: Relient K
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Big Hero 6
Quote: "So, physics! Physics, eh? Physics! Phyyyysics! I hope you're all getting this down!" - The Doctor

Post by WoodBetweenWorlds »

-snip-
Last edited by Lunagel on Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: No spoilers for future episodes please
Check out my Tumblr where I review shows that I watch and talk about other random nonsense!

http://codenamewaffle.tumblr.com/
Xerorei
There are four lights!
There are four lights!
Favorite series: Hurricaneger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger, Decade
Dreamy: Mao Ichimichi
Favorite Actor?: Shu Watanabe
Favorite Band: Dan Bull
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Turbochargers
Quote: A real man won't sit by and do nothing while the evil that other men do continues.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Xerorei »

You know, having watched the ep the thread title is exactly what popped up into my head.
"Okay now there's a Sentai version of Decade, but don't they have a LOT more years of history and power to draw from?"

Surprised they didn't at least try to throw Gekiranger, Abaranger, and Kakuranger in there in the first episode.

Though having watched it I can honestly say, yet again Yellow is my favorite of them, twin swords, twin swords that become Bladed Rope Darts Of Doom?! Yes Please!
kokowaks
Salami Commander

Post by kokowaks »

after seeing 2 episodes i still don't feel its presence like the impact of decade's 1st ep... but then again its probably because its been a long time since i watched sentai... but still it looks very promising...

SENTAI "POKE-RAP" ending theme FTW!!!!

btw... im more curious if there's a sentai's diEnd... sixth ranger?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

But in a sick twist of fate, s/he goes around doing nice things, as opposed to plundering.
Gokaifan
Go Go!
Favorite series: gokaiger
Dreamy: Doc
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Japan
Quote: Never go to bed angry, stay awake and plot your revenge.

I fight evil wherever it may be... except in dark, scary places.

Post by Gokaifan »

that would be fun, I think
Bomyne
Go Go!
Favorite series: Zi-O
2nd Favorite Series: Drive
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kamen Rider Zi-O
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Bomyne »

I snicker every time I see this.

If you want to argue it, you can say that Decade copied from Sentai...

Akared came before Decade I believe :P

But I won't say it... :roll:

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”