I claim this bounty in the name of #TV-Nihon! Arrr
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Goseiger | Gokaiger | AkibaRanger >
ultrakill
Go Go!

Re: Gokaiger 02 released

Post by ultrakill »

Which ShinkenRed are you guys referring to? The interim Takeru or the original family lineage of ShinkenRed's? If you guys are going with the ShinkenRed theory, then my guess would be the old medieval times rangers whose changers eventually got passed down the generations.

If anything, the Shinkenger key just so happened to be the one he grabbed. Because during the first encounter he was grabbing for whatever was in Marvelous' hand - which was GoRed. So right now he could be whomever's GrandChild. Maybe even Akareds
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

People really need to stop over thinking the littlest things. The kids grandfather was just a civilian casualty, he got mad, and wanted to take it into his own hands. The captain just randomly pulled out the Shinken Red key, for the photo.
prophetcrw
Go Go!
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Favorite Band: Anberlin
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: 'itsumo anata no soba ni iru'

Post by prophetcrw »

I have a feeling that 'faded into legend' isnt as misleading as it sounds.

It could very well mean that everyone understood that the previous Sentai were done. They sacrificed their powers, and understood there was no way those heroes were getting their powers back. So 'faded into legend' may simply mean that the entire Earth came to an understanding that the Sentai were 'done' and would 'never return'. In a sense, thats not completely wrong. Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger as we know it is a 'foreign' sentai. these rogue pirates from deep space were never expected. Most sentai spring up over time in time of crisis. and after a Legendary Great War in which the entire Sentai history gives up their powers to defeat this overarching 'super evil'. if i were a citizen, after such an event, i would think that sentai were gone forever.

of course this is all speculation and opinion and reading into things. but in my mind. even a short time period between the Great War and the arrival of the Gokaiger is unaffected by 'faded into legend'. because that kind of mindset would be concrete and no one on the planet would expect a new Sentai. especially a group of rogue pirates who lack the typical honor and heroic-ness of previous teams.
Pyche
Gao
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Onger
My boom: sonic
Instagram: @pyche_art

Post by Pyche »

This also makes me wonder what the next Vs. Movie is gonna be like...
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

peaceful lifestyle? On earth? Oh yeah I forgot earth = Japan...

So marvelous has some story with Akared, which probably isn't dead, since we didn't see a body...

poor doc being abused by Luka... Pink seems to be the responsive one.

Man, those foot soldiers are very resorcefoul. they have, machine guns, axes and RPGs. And they were killing people too. That isn't very common.

The boy transforming felt like one of those things in which they dress up a boy nad make a sentai movie with him... And he did more in one episode than Nozomu in all Goseiger...

Very cool fight. I don't remember anyone using a human Gormin Shield in a sentai before. Shooting the rockets too.

Male HurricaneBlue looked very strange.

Giant foot soldiers are always nice. The ginat fight was nice,but not exceptional. It'll be hard to top Geki...

Marvelous rides the "figurehead" of Goukai Galleon, just like Luffy.

Kai is all grown up now, though he still doesn't look much older.
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

lol. We do a lot of TV shows and movies that only make the USA count as the whole world. Why shouldn't JPN do it.
1984neptune
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Quote: Neptune's Treasures!

Post by 1984neptune »

i must admit i am surprised that they did the whole outfits changes they did, like making the magiblue outfit change to a male sentai and vise versa with the yellow, its little touches like that i am enjoying kinda seeing an old sentai in a new light. i do want to see now a 5 blue sentai battle, 5 green sentai battle, 5 yellow sentai battle, 5 pink sentai battle, 5 white sentai battle and 5 black sentai battle cos there are more than enough past sentai for them to do this.

i am also loving how they borrow each others weapons, and i know it was in the first episode but i loved they yellow sentai doing the sword dance with a chain attached.
TG23
Gabu
Dreamy: Hell Wolf-kun
My boom: Killing You Guys

Post by TG23 »

Yeah, I think reading into that the kid's grandfather MAY have been a ranger is a fine deep read, but going as far as saying he was Shinken Red is a bit much guys. And I just realized that there probably won't be a token little kid this time around since most of them are tied to the situation of the group need a base of operation if they didn't already have one.

The characters are pretty interesting though. The Doc's little hand wipe during his role call is weird but it does get a laugh out of me so I'll deal with it. It's pretty cool how they already established their fighting personalities and styles as well. I wasn't really expecting a particular style for each member outside of their special unique weapons, which we haven't seen yet, for this series. Or if they are even gonna have one. Honestly I kinda like the idea that their shared weapons will be their only primary weapons. Kinda like shinkenger and how they used their default swords more then anything else. Plus they got access to all the other sentai special weapons so maybe they won't get one outside of a finishing weapon like a cannon or something. Character wise, I kinda find Captain Marvelous and Famille most interesting just because of the fact of Marvelous' flashback and that Famille seems so out of place. I'm guess she was some kind of sheltered rich girl, aristocrat/governor's daughter, or princess who wanted to see the world and found Marvelous and the others so interesting and circumstance forced her onto the team. Kinda interested to see her back story.
OMAETACHI, KOROCHU!
The Sentai Ranger
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Shinken Go-On
2nd Favorite Series: Deka Magi Geki
Dreamy: Natsuki Mamiya
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: your face! *zing*
Quote: "My drill shall pierce the heavens!"

Post by The Sentai Ranger »

Gokaiger really doesn't let up on the action now does it?
They all have great teamwork established, but I am hoping that the weapon switching gimmick doesn't become too repetitive throughout the series.
Yay! AkaRed makes a triumphant return, I knew they would find a way to put him into the series.
Also, I feel like shaking my head at that kid for disgracing the name of ShinkenRed, but he did good considering he was just a random civilian.
Aka bakka? I got a good laugh out of that.
The ending, OMG it's Kai! Magiranger was my first Super Sentai Series that I watched so the next episode is bound to be promising!
Maagi Magi Magiro~ :)
35 Years of Colorful justice!
Warrior of Zarona
!Wizards
!Wizards

Post by Warrior of Zarona »

I just started thinking...

Most people know that Tiger Ranger from Zyuranger was a man, right? But if Gokaiyellow Gokai Changes into him...

Female-version outfit?

I'm sure it'll mess with a few people's heads. XD
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Same could be said for Time Yellow though.
Pyche
Gao
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Onger
My boom: sonic
Instagram: @pyche_art

Post by Pyche »

and Ninja yellow, Ginga yellow, Go yellow, Gao yellow...
TG23
Gabu
Dreamy: Hell Wolf-kun
My boom: Killing You Guys

Post by TG23 »

It be neat if Zyu Yellow stays in the man version. Like the US version. That be cool.
OMAETACHI, KOROCHU!
Warrior of Zarona
!Wizards
!Wizards

Post by Warrior of Zarona »

That's mainly why I picked out Tiger Ranger. Power Ranger's Yellow Ranger is pretty well known not to have a skirt despite being a girl, so to see one when Gokai Yellow turn's into Tiger Ranger would be funny to see.

I do look forward to the other male/female gender swapping.

Edit: What we're possibly looking forward to:
Spoiler
JSoup

Post by JSoup »

takenoko wrote:I don't think I'm missing your point. I acknowledge your point, but still disagree with it. I really don't think people are so stupid that they watch a show and need to have Taka Tora Batta translated for them each time. They're not little kids and I think they deserve a little more credit than that. I can't speak for your experience with your friends, but I'm sure you don't paused the episode each time, sigh, then tell them for the 20th time that Taka Tora Batta means Hawk Tiger and Hopper. If they're just casual viewers of toku and don't really care to learn it, I don't really see it as being a big deal if these little details slip past them
And it's not really that big a deal if a person occasionally has to pause a given episode to explain a point or two. My girlfriend became interested in OOO when I was watching episode 14 and I had to take a quick second here and there to explain a few basic things about the story, including TaToBa (which she mostly figured out on her own).

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”