Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Gokaiger 04 released

Post by takenoko »

At first it was like "Oh yeah, I've seen this One Piece episode before." Especially when Ahim offers Joe the sword. But then he takes it and leaves the other sword behind. It's like "????". I like how they skip using three swords, because that would be too obviously lifted from Zorro

Go Kai Changes:
Marvelous: GekiRed, DekaRed
Don: GekiViolet, DekaGreen
Luka: GekiYellow, DekaYellow
Ahim: GekiChopper, DekaPink

So if there's a pattern, it seems like red, blue, and yellow are pretty consistent. That leaves Ahim and Don for covering what's left; with Ahim preferring pink and whites and Don with whatever else. I guess the only time this pattern isn't followed is if they "mix things up" like with the all black and all white ones in three

Preview
Spoiler
Wheee... DekaRangers. And there's two of them. Awesome!
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Re: Gokaiger 04 released

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

:lol: at psuedo-PotC theme playing when Ahim gave Joe his sword.

Also (preview spoiler):
Spoiler
DaiRanger suits! Jasmine!

YAY!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

1 ??
2 Kyouryuuya from AbaRanger
3 Scrtc from Geki
4 Gold Sushi from Shinken
5 TR Tomorrow Research from TimeRanger
6 ??
7 Shinobi Crepes from Kakuranger
8 Game Lilipapita from MegaRanger
9 Snack Gon from GoRanger

Well that was fun. I don't know Sentai
zheyao
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Hibiki
My boom: One Piece

Post by zheyao »

5: TR = Tomorrow Research from TimeRanger
7: Shinobi crepes = probably referring to the base/crepe shop from Kakuranger
9: Snack Gon = the snack shop from GoRanger

No clue about 1 and 6, I'm afraid.

As awesome as GokaiBlue's Blue Slash was, it would've been neater if he had replaced GoseiBlue and MagiBlue with actual sword-wielders. Only replacement I could think of is NinjaBlue. Any other suggestions?

Still, great episode.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

Those signs are awesome. The SCRTC one grabbed my attention first. Nice to see that they're all references to past series.

Another superb episode. I'm really impressed by the way the characters and the story are developing. This cast is still pretty young, age-wise, but they have an older or wiser air about them that makes it easy to forget that. Maybe it's because of how much depth the characters already. Take Luka, for example. I've liked her sharp tongue since the first episode, but I really enjoyed the softer side we got to see of Luka when she was talking to Ahim. She's not a girly-girl, but she's not out of touch with her feelings either. I think it's a nice, and realistic, balance.

And I like what we learned about Joe. He strikes me as the most chivalrous of the cast. There were lots of hints that he holds himself to a very strict moral code. Not letting Ahim carry heavy groceries because it was "men's work", fighting his own battles, baking a cake to acknowledge his team's help, and stopping to listen to a friend even when he's on a mission. (There's no way that little grab at the back of his jacket would have stopped him if he didn't want to listen to Ahim.) The only time he could even be considered rude, when he yelled at Ahim to go away, could be interpreted as his desire to protect Ahim from his dangerous training course.

Random thoughts:
-Doc as GekiViolet...scary.
-I really got stuck on the Goumin operating the controls on the Zangyack ship. Is this the first time in a while that we've had grunts that are that intelligent?
-The dark lighting in the garage really makes the gold highlights on their uniforms stand out. They looked good.
-I loved that shot of the city passing underneath the Galleon as they flew through the sky.
-Speaking of the city, the sequence of them trying all of the keys, and failing to bring anything else, with the city people looking on was hilarious.
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

PHurricane wrote:Random thoughts:
-Speaking of the city, the sequence of them trying all of the keys, and failing to bring anything else, with the city people looking on was hilarious.
That scene was good. Especially with the GokaiOh's sword falling off the waist. XD
zheyao wrote:As awesome as GokaiBlue's Blue Slash was, it would've been neater if he had replaced GoseiBlue and MagiBlue with actual sword-wielders. Only replacement I could think of is NinjaBlue. Any other suggestions?
Kuwaga Raiger? Though we see Ahim using it...

For Blue's back story, I wished they had some form of Sentai cameo, like how AkaRed and Marvelous had met earlier before. Maybe they could have had Blue received training from one of the sword wielding Sentai members.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Well, 1 is Chinese food, so it might be a reference to the shop Ryou worked at. 6 is Japanese confectioneries?
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I think 6 is related to Imocho-brand Imoyoukan which is from Carranger. The Yokan from there makes the monsters giant-sized in that series.

The Gokaigers randomly trying different keys to get something like MagiDragon to come out was funny. I would at least try it in the mountains or something like that instead of the city. The interaction between Joe and Ahim was pretty good. If two swords doesn't work, try five swords. I thought the other Gokaigers would become the other blues instead of them being clones from the Five Sword Final Wave attack.
krsentai
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Doctor Who
My boom: GOOOOOOOOOOOOKAIGAAA
Quote: UCHUU KITAAAAA!!!!!!!
Ore Sanjou!
Wake Up!

Post by krsentai »

Preview:
Spoiler
I can see what made you go back and rename the dekaranger episodes take.
chickdigger802
7X

Post by chickdigger802 »

great eps!

One thing I wish is that they use less cg or if they use cgi make it look a tad bit better ;)

That knife joe split in half looked like n64 polygons lol.

Can't wait for this show's ost.
Barim
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: SS: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: KR: Ryuki
Favorite Band: Queen

Post by Barim »

Tsubame Gaeshi like attack? Countering it by dual-wielding?

Is this supposed to be a Kojiro Vs Musashi reference or am I seeking to much into it?

The five sword bit, was he actually holding three and two swords or were it simply two props?
Spoiler
Once the Heron to set his path,
Twice the Heron to name him true,
Once the Dragon for remembrance lost,
Twice the Dragon for the price he must pay.
hahaboom
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa

Post by hahaboom »

I think pink ranger likes blue ranger....
Pyche
Gao
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Onger
My boom: sonic
Instagram: @pyche_art

Post by Pyche »

So... does that mean this episode is not a free fansub and i can sell, auction and stream it?

Still surprises me. I mean how many way can you do the Final Wave? and here it shows another way.

How many variations can you have of the monster plus the 3 sub monsters be when they grow? Again shows another way.

Looking forward to the next ep though. Looks to be a good one.
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

I thought it would be a bue episode but it was a blue and pink one. That moment when she pulls his jacket was kinda cute. And I think the bluepink shipping will officially start now.

They could've given Joe a real wooden sword or something for training. I know that the Goukai swrod looks like a toy, but it's his sentai sword. But that other sword looked too fake. Or better, they shouldn't have given it a close. Training to beat the enemy is always nice. I just hope he doesn't forget it during the series, as the Goseigers did.

Gotoryu hahahaha. I knew he would pull of something like that when he said: if two isn't enough...

I know holding multiple swords wouldn't really help but it was cool anyway. And that final wave too, thoug I found using Magiblue and GoseiBlue strange, since they don't use swords...

The fights were well done and I really liked how they used Gekired and Gekiviolet's moves. I missed those Geki fights.

Joe turned out to be cooler than I expected, though that baking and being shy side was unnecessary. But the hair they gave him is terrible. It doesn't suit the cool swordsman image at all. They should've lost the two fringes and made him use a bandana.

It also seems that the cyborg will:
a) be Blue's rival;
b) be his swordsmanship teacher/senpai/colleague;
c) be Blue's relative;
d) a and b
e) a, b and c

I'm betting on d.

people taking photos of the mecha like it was just something amusing was funny. And I guess this is the first time I saw a sentai try to explore combinations like that.

Okay, next episode is going to be EPIC.

I think they should do a special with info about other sentai like Boukenger did. I mean, it's the perfect occasion and it would help to understand the powers they use.
markoclix
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger

Post by markoclix »

I guess GokaiPInk changing into GekiChopper clears up whether or not he classifies as a "6th ranger". Yeah, I know he wasn't number six but he was the final one to be added in Geki and he kinda acted the way a 6th ranger would. But if that is the case, why didn't she transform into abare killer when they did the Abaranger team?

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”