Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Gokaiger 11 released

Post by takenoko »

Heh at the scene where Joe poses and the wind blows in his hair. I like the dress Ahim wears at the beginning. A princess should have more than one outfit

Have the Gokaiger's phones always had ring tones? I don't recall them using that before

Oh, typecasting!

Awesome! Cool entrance by Kaoru and they brought back Tanba. Pretty sweet. Wow, Kaoru looks a lot older

I don't think I care for this battle song

Oh God, that Gundam reference...

Oops, this is a two parter? That's a first. I'm liking the use of civilian clothes. I guess we know why Barizorg has the voice actor that he does now
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Re: Gokaiger 11 released

Post by PHurricane »

That was a fantastic episode. Some of the best fighting choreography so far this season, and a lot while they were civilians too. Marvelous managing to take the hit for Joe and still drawing blood was very impressive. Kudos to last week's preview for not giving it away how injured he was while he was shooting. And more kudos to a villain that was strong enough to turn this into a two-parter. It's nice to see a villain with skills that supports why the villains were able to take over most of the galaxy.

Great to see Kaoru again. I'm kind of surprised she was chosen as the Shinkenger representative, but it was a pleasant surprise. Tanba, too, even though his character irritated me during Shinkenger. He hasn't changed, but it felt like he served his purpose better in this context. It's too recent to really be "nostalgic", but it was nice to hear the drum beats, see the Shiba banners, and the special kuroko that attend to Kaoru.

Hooray for expanding on character backgrounds! I think there was speculation all the way back in episode four that Barizorg knew Joe because of how familiar he was with his sword style, and I like that there was substance behind that after all. Of course, it's kind of weird that he remembers about Joe's sword style if he doesn't remember his past, but I guess that just gets chalked up to whatever Waruzu Giru did to Sid.

The battle song has grown on me. It kind of feels like it's trying to be too many songs at once, but the "Yo-Ho" bits, spelling out "pirates" in the bridge, and incorporating some of the catchphrases is fun. Which reminds me, Gokai-Ou's theme song from last episode is pretty nice. Typical for a mecha theme, but nice enough.

Yeah, the ringtones have been around since episode three, I think. Usually there's been some other noise or music that partially covers it.
prophetcrw
Go Go!
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Favorite Band: Anberlin
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: 'itsumo anata no soba ni iru'

Post by prophetcrw »

(notes are taken in real time as i watched the episode)

Can we get that ringtone already?! :0 i know what i want for my new text message ring tone!

so how are we already 1/5 of the way thru Gokaiger. holy crap we're sailing along. >.>

this week's Action Commander actually looked pretty cool.

Joe VS Kaoru was pretty sweet. Kinda nice getting her instead of the Shinkenger we properly know. just enough continuity and still leaving open possibilities of where the team we know may be and what they are up to.

this is the first Zangyack invasion we've seen hit the ground right? as in all the major players are on Earth and we get a faceoff with the Gokaigers. Also liked how almost immediately, Marvelous goes to assassinate him with the Gokai Gun without even thinking twice. Awesome music for this week's fight, and a great Gokai change sequence. great wire work in this fight sequence too. Luka's double sword work is always some of my favorite. and seriously... we just got Zyuranger. my inner child is jumping up and down. strangely enough, despite the female American yellow MMPR... this might be the first time we see ZyuYellow with a skirt because of the original male role. interesting...

Dynaman change got so beasted. Gingaman didn't fair so well either.

holy crap... Barizorg is Sid... oh snap... plot twist!!! this is going to be a very interest story line.

Oh no... Marvelous down... nope... he's gun crazy...

Luka's definitely shipping with Marvelous. proof is her sitting by his side while he's hurt.

wow... i was waiting for a true cliffhanger, emotional suspenseful ending and here we have it. Gokaiger just got awesome and not just because of Gokai Changes and flashy fighting. we finally have a substantial story building here. Amazing episode. I like how the Shinkenger arc is going to run more than one episode. Expecting another one episode and done, but instead we have the Sid/Joe detour. Can't wait for next week.
Raitaro
Post Monkey
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Gaoranger
Dreamy: Jasmine (DekaYellow)
Favorite Actor?: Renn Kiriyama
Favorite Band: UVERworld
My boom: Dekaranger
Quote: Now Count Up Your Sins!-Kamen Rider W
Mind If I Reel You In?-Uratraros
F**k This Man I'm Going Into Anime-Nostailga Critic

Post by Raitaro »

I really liked the espisode im glad joe finally got more backstory he my favorite gokaiger
Last edited by Raitaro on Sat May 07, 2011 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Active
KR- Hibiki OOO
SS- Zyuranger Carranger Timeranger Gokaiger
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

To be honest, Barizog was oozing with some hidden thing. Maybe better that it was revealed now though.
DrowningFishy
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Silly Kaijiu. Kicks are for Riders!" - hunter-urufu

Post by DrowningFishy »

OH the shipping couples you can make in this episode. XD That said, I would also like to add my other penny to my thoughts here. I think this is proof that indeed nothing will ever wipe the smirk off of Marvelous's face. Pain just makes things more fun.

PS: Loved Kaoru's part XD THough the old guy is annoying as hell
Raitaro
Post Monkey
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Gaoranger
Dreamy: Jasmine (DekaYellow)
Favorite Actor?: Renn Kiriyama
Favorite Band: UVERworld
My boom: Dekaranger
Quote: Now Count Up Your Sins!-Kamen Rider W
Mind If I Reel You In?-Uratraros
F**k This Man I'm Going Into Anime-Nostailga Critic

Post by Raitaro »

DrowningFishy wrote: PS: Loved Kaoru's part XD THough the old guy is annoying as hell
Everyone hates Tanba and for good reason
Active
KR- Hibiki OOO
SS- Zyuranger Carranger Timeranger Gokaiger
Areku The O.F.
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: KR Black
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz
Dreamy: Too many to count...
Favorite Actor?: Tetsuo Kurata
Favorite Band: Dream Theater
My boom: Toku in general
Quote: "Gather ye rosebuds while ye may
Old time is still a' flying
And that same flower that smiles you today
Tomorrow will be dying..."

Post by Areku The O.F. »

Kaoru representing the Shinkengers? Now THAT'S something I didn't expect, but I'm really happy about it. Her character was really underused In Shinkenger, and while she appeared in the VS Goseiger movie it kinda felt out of place, now is her time to shine!
takenoko wrote:Wow, Kaoru looks a lot older
Indeed, and a lot hotter I might add.

The action was REALLY intense in this episode and the fights were really awesome, they looked like something akin to what we see in american sentai adaptations (lots of flips and flashy stuff), and the fighting song just reeked of pure awesomeness.

By the way, who's the guy who played Sid/Barizorg? I felt like I've seen him before, but don't remember where...
prophetcrw wrote:Luka's double sword work is always some of my favorite. and seriously... we just got Zyuranger. my inner child is jumping up and down. strangely enough, despite the female American yellow MMPR... this might be the first time we see ZyuYellow with a skirt because of the original male role. interesting...
The same here, and suddenly I was humming the MMPR theme song for no reason. I loved the way they turned the phones, resembling the original henshin in where the Zyurangers (and the PR too) turned the Dino Bucklers from upside down.
3... 2... 1... Time Out... Deformation.
DrowningFishy

Post by DrowningFishy »

Raitaro wrote:
DrowningFishy wrote: PS: Loved Kaoru's part XD THough the old guy is annoying as hell
Everyone hates Tanba and for good reason
Yeah when Tanba dies the devils going to give him his own personal level in hell so he can torment people for eternity.
remolay
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Wizard's Costume
Favorite Actor?: Simon Pegg
Favorite Band: Queen
My boom: Babylon 5
Quote: There's a hole in my neighborhood down which of late I cannot help but fall.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by remolay »

I was paying a lot of attention to this episode. then Ahim started fighting unmorphed and I forgot all of it. Then I remembered I'm trying not to be interested in anything sexual and got back to the show.

Man, Marvelous is so freaking BAWSE that he can take a massive slash to the back, and still do damage. I worry for Joe, I'm afraid to say. But at least it wont just be something that only Don and Ahim know.

But seriously, Damn Captain Marvelous an roll with the punches like a bawse.

Zyuranger, Gingaman. Those 2 were the sources of my two favorite power ranger series'
Well I guess I'm not a pirate anymore now that img limits exist.

Help I can't help finding every yellow ranger cute
kmizuno
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Favorite series: Jetman
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Internet Governance

Post by kmizuno »

If you pay attention to the fight in their civil suits, the best movements are still performed by faceless stunts.
m4rc0
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

I wasn't expecting a two-parter.

While I really wanted to see the whole Shinkenger gang, Kaoru more than makes up for it with pure awesomeness. Still wish to see them even a little next ep.

I thought they would hold the info about Barizorg being modified a little longer, but Gil just put it out there. And they had a good excuse to make the enemy retreat while they were winning. In fact, it reminded me a bit of Shinkenger's kaijin without water...

Finally they used a kaijin that gave the Gokaigers a hard time. But I wish they use the keys that were defeated by him against other enemies later. They have to win with those keys too.

The battles were awesome. Worthy to be called a Shinkenger episode. The choreagraphy was neat and they added a lot of SPFX without making it too wire-fu. And better yet, they had some action without transformation which is always nice. Finally, there was the battle theme which was kinda cool.

I'm definitely going to watch it again
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K

Post by Aeikozz »

Lovin' Ahim's unmorphed fight. that spin around will keep me happy til next week.

i love her soo much.
DrowningFishy

Post by DrowningFishy »

Aeikozz wrote:Lovin' Ahim's unmorphed fight. that spin around will keep me happy til next week.

i love her soo much.
I see London, I see France-I know you've been looking at her underpants. Have to wonder if that was intentional or unintentional, but by the judge of her tidy-whities-it was intentional.
Tuss4
Train man
Favorite series: Faiz
Dreamy: Ayame Misaki
Favorite Actor?: Myself

Post by Tuss4 »

Fuuma no Kojiro for the win. Really diggin Gokaiger. Also I have not posted in here in like ages.

I lol'd when Marvelous reached for his gun behind his back. So gangster.

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”