Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Gokaiger 12 released

Post by takenoko »

Another excellent episode. Not as much Kaoru this time around, but it's still nice to see the Shinkenger tribute stuff.

I really liked Joe's back story. Marvelous waltzing in and saving Joe was pretty kick ass. That cocky way of doing things is why I really love him as a red.

Not having an origin story in the first episode is good when they do a good job of telling it in episodes like these. It's still early on enough that it's not a long wait. Now I guess all we need to do is learn how Don joins the party.

There were so many transformations in this episode. Hopefully it wasn't too much for the typesetter.

The HiDen Disc that Kaoru gives Joe is 双 (Sou) which stands for "pair" or "twin" or "dual" which is why he got dual swords from using it.

When I first heard that they would be combining the Grand Powers, I figured it'd be done badly or in an unsatisfying way. Not so, this episode has turned me around on the subject. Having GaoLion fill in for ShinkenRed's lion was pretty clever. And Shinken Gokai-Ou is pretty awesome looking.

The monster of the week's name Deratsuegaa probably comes from the Nagoya-ben phrase "dera tsuyoi ga" デラ強いがー which means "very strong"
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Re: Gokaiger 12 released

Post by zeta_gundam »

Out-of-suit fights? I thought those were usually reserved for the last few episodes?

07:13 - Did Joe just use his sempai's move without using a sword?!

For an elite guard, Deratsuegaa wasn't that great. In fact, he seems weaker compared to the previous episode. But he could hold his ground against the Gokai Animal Heart finisher. Strange. On the other hand, did the grunts power up? Despite the overwhelming numbers in the past, the pirates were still owning them. I find it how Luka and Doc were taken down by Sugormins, while Ahim was taken down by a mere Goumin. XD

And I really like the Red-Blue fight combination. Really nicely choreographed.

I was hoping for some of the Shinkenger moves when they transformed to the Shinkengers though.

I like the concept for Shinken GokaiOh and how GaoLion has 'dual forms'. Maybe there'd be more of that for related animal motifs in the future?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

At 7:13 it's Marvelous and Kaoru talking in a group. I went back a few minutes and Joe does use Sid's move with his pirate sword. Are you high or something, soldier?
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies

Post by zeta_gundam »

takenoko wrote:At 7:13 it's Marvelous and Kaoru talking in a group. I went back a few minutes and Joe does use Sid's move with his pirate sword. Are you high or something, soldier?
I think I meant 17:13. Not at home now, so I can't check my time stamp again. ><
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

It's good to see the order in which they joined the team.

The suitless fight choreography was very cool.

They were probably having trouble without Joe since it throws off their teamwork. I guess they used a lot of Gokai Changes to compensate for this.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

I know Toei's probably using One Piece for inspiration but damn was Marvelous emulating Luffy. :lol:
Gokaifan
Go Go!
Favorite series: gokaiger
Dreamy: Doc
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Japan
Quote: Never go to bed angry, stay awake and plot your revenge.

I fight evil wherever it may be... except in dark, scary places.

Post by Gokaifan »

I loved Don suitless fighting, and I'm getting really curious about how he joined the team and why he's always wearing funny socks. (yes, I can really wonder something random and insignificant like socks...)
Also, I wonder why he said he hoped it would take Joe a little longer to arrive. A hint for his background maybe?
Last edited by takenoko on Sun May 15, 2011 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed the spelling. Invest in a modern browser that has spellcheck please
DrowningFishy
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
Quote: "Silly Kaijiu. Kicks are for Riders!" - hunter-urufu

Post by DrowningFishy »

Gokaifan wrote:I loved Don suitles fighting, and I'm getting really curious about how he joined the team and why he's always wearin funny socks. (yes, I can really wonder somethng random ad insgnificant like socks...)
Also, I wonder why he sad he hoped it would take Joe a little longer to arrive. A hint fo his background maybe?
Jus' his socks, his whole wardrobe makes you wonder. XD imagine the poor wardrobe people who have to clean the outfits with all the rolling on the ground Don does. Don I guess you can say is a very refreshing change... ... Even if he is a curious wonder. XD
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Don wasn't really hoping Joe would arrive later. He was just showing off. That's why it's funny when he goes "ouch" after he says that line, because it's obviously not true

I also fixed the spelling in your post. Firefox and Chrome both have spellcheck built into them
GarTkEZ
Salami Commander
Favorite series: BLACK/Jetman/AGITO
2nd Favorite Series: Blade/Hibiki/Bouken
Favorite Band: Switchfoot
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Adventure Time

Post by GarTkEZ »

Some things about the ep:

1. Damn at the Luffy modelling with Marvelous eating a lot.
2. Sweet - a non-intrusive ex-senshi (Kaoru and Jan have to be the sleekestly integrated into the ep story)
3. Luka using the Yellow Mask key = WIN WIN WIN.
4. Awesome fight choreo.
5. Joe was badass.
6. Damn that Rekka DaiZantou on ShinkenGokaiOh.

On a related note,I love how seamlessly they integrated that functionality into GaoLion.
IKKAN KENJO!
Joe_Mello
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: The Iromonea

Post by Joe_Mello »

Doc to the jewels.

That is all (for now).
CarterSensei wrote:I wound up playing "Kaiju" for a group of 2nd graders who wanted to play sentai. I think I blew up.
Silent_X
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Silent_X »

There was no clap of victory!
Therefore this whole two-parter fails! :evil:

Anyway, it was pretty awesome. Although there was a kick that Marvelous did when he was fighting with Joe that seemed way off.
No where near the guy it was supposed to hit.
I may be lying
Disclaimer: I do not endorse HeadOn; it is barely anything more than a stick of wax. I am simply using it as a Transformers joke.
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies

Post by zeta_gundam »

Gokaifan wrote:(yes, I can really wonder something random and insignificant like socks...)
Nah, the socks stand out a lot. Remember the GekiRanger tribute episode? Yeah, his outfit was weird... especially the socks.
psychogoatee
Infinity
Favorite series: 555
Dreamy: Cutie Honey
Favorite Band: Elvenking
My boom: Metal Gear

Post by psychogoatee »

Just curious not complaining, how come the HD release hits later than the SD one? Does that RAW show up later or something like that?
Animetigerlily
7X
Favorite series: Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Boukenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Trip-hop

Post by Animetigerlily »

Fantastic episode, is all I can say^^

But the very brief moment that really made an impact was the awesome move Marvelous pulled off with Rekka Daizantou :)

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”