< Goseiger | Gokaiger | AkibaRanger >
DrowningFishy
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Silly Kaijiu. Kicks are for Riders!" - hunter-urufu

Re: Gokaiger 13 released

Post by DrowningFishy »

Kogashi wrote:I've been thinking this for a while but, the gokaiger team doesn't actually seem all that smart...
I think we have mentioned this fact over and over and over. Without Don or Ahim they might really be in trouble. Put them in the game show "Are you Smarter Then a 5th grader" they would fail miserably. At times I think a kidnergarder would beat yellow in smarts.

Though in this ep Ahim was not thinking. If not interupted can you imagine how that human would have been creamed before Ahim could make the others understand it was her idea. Pirates don't throw you in jail, and I seen Don snap many necks.

This episode is a great example how one misconception+plus a few dim bulbs=one giant misunderstanding
ShadowX7
NagoSan
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Fourze, P4A/G
Quote: "Misunderstandings happens all the time, more so on the internet."

Post by ShadowX7 »

DrowningFishy wrote:I think we have mentioned this fact over and over and over. Without Don or Ahim they might really be in trouble. Put them in the game show "Are you Smarter Then a 5th grader" they would fail miserably. At times I think a kidnergarder would beat yellow in smarts.
Why would they ever play on a quiz show anyway? :lol:
Anyway, they're probably "not smart" depending on the situation, if the situation is serious they'll be portrayed as smart and can figure the situation almost immediately, but if the situation is played for laughs, then they can be portrayed as somewhat stupid or misunderstood the situation, such as in this episode
Also, some people might forget, but they're actually aliens or not from Earth, so they might not know some of Earth's common knowledge
"You count the medals, one, two, and three! Life goes on, anything goes, coming up OOO!"
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

And Ahim is a sheltered princess. This is specifically said through the line about her not having the freedom to wander around back on her home planet.

It's not stupid, it's "doesn't quite get that calling up your friends and telling them you're with a kidnapper, could you please bring 300,000,000 yen? gives an incredibly bad impression."
DREWdesu
7X

Post by DREWdesu »

Finally an episode which focuses on Ahim. Not Ahim and Don but AHIM HERSELF! The moral of the story lies between the "Finding different pathways to life" and "doing all you can to save others". Ahim's character has really developed in this episode, she is not a damsel in distress but a former princess who lived in a restricted lifestyle and transformed into a Pirate.

I enjoyed how everyone had to change positions in order to transform it was kind of funny as well haha.

I also enjoy the CG of the Shinken Gokai-Oh as well.

OFF Topic but about Ahim:

Spoiler
It always bugged me since the first episode but I do think Ahim's way of dressing was inspired by Japanese Techno-Pop group Perfume's A-Chan. Funny that the original rumour had Nocchi from Perfume to be Gokai Pink haha.

Preview
Spoiler
CARRRRRRRRRRRRRANGER!! I heard this was a sentai parody as well and a bit light hearted, great to see that the episode seems to be very light hearted as well haha
Joe_Mello
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: The Iromonea

Post by Joe_Mello »

ShadowX7 wrote:Why would they ever play on a quiz show anyway? :lol:
Valuable prizes?
CarterSensei wrote:I wound up playing "Kaiju" for a group of 2nd graders who wanted to play sentai. I think I blew up.
Xander Blaze
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: W / Kuuga
Dreamy: Tendou Souji
Favorite Actor?: Kikkawa Koji
Favorite Band: Tetra Fang
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: Ultimate

Post by Xander Blaze »

Joe_Mello wrote:
ShadowX7 wrote:Why would they ever play on a quiz show anyway? :lol:
Valuable prizes?
then they'll probably will have to face Diend :lol:
天の道を往き、総てを司る!
Ten no michi o Iki, Subete o Tsukasadoru otoko!
Walking the path of heaven, the man who will rule over everything!

Yes, I'm back
Truthfully.
Disappeared since the end of Kamen Rider OOO
musique
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Kamen Rider/PGSM
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Favorite Band: Within Temptation
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Lolita Clothing

Post by musique »

DREWdesu wrote: OFF Topic but about Ahim:

Spoiler
It always bugged me since the first episode but I do think Ahim's way of dressing was inspired by Japanese Techno-Pop group Perfume's A-Chan. Funny that the original rumour had Nocchi from Perfume to be Gokai Pink haha.
[ Image ]
[ Image ]

Ahim's outfits are actually based off lolita fashion. Several of the dresses and the coat she now wears can be purchased at different shops online (or in the store if you are in Japan).
Joe_Mello
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: The Iromonea

Post by Joe_Mello »

musique wrote:Ahim's outfits are actually based off lolita fashion.
Could've fooled me.
CarterSensei wrote:I wound up playing "Kaiju" for a group of 2nd graders who wanted to play sentai. I think I blew up.
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

Nice to see Ahim get some screen time, and who knew Alka-Seltzer was such a lethal weapon.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”