< Goseiger | Gokaiger | AkibaRanger >
jolly_old_saint
Faiz
Favorite series: Gumby
2nd Favorite Series: Dengekibikifaizenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Re: Gokaiger 13 released

Post by jolly_old_saint »

...I was expecting lotion and a basket to be on the way going into the introduction.

The opening theme has another verse! Unheard of. And the singer apparently goes underwater during that part! Guess that's why they saved it for the angler fish episode....the angler fish whose light doesn't light. Odd, but I still liked him for also referring to the team members by color.

Speaking of, I like that Red was just smiling at an apple during that quick cut. And the acting Yellow does with her eyebrows.
remolay
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Wizard's Costume
Favorite Actor?: Simon Pegg
Favorite Band: Queen
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Babylon 5
Quote: There's a hole in my neighborhood down which of late I cannot help but fall.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by remolay »

Anyone else think of Alka-seltzer when the tablet hit the water?

Next week:

Spoiler
CaaaaaaaaaaaRANGER! When I first was looking into Super Sentai I wantched clips of Carranger. They weren't subbed so I got absolutely nothing. I can't wait for our heroes to fight for traffic safety.
Well I guess I'm not a pirate anymore now that img limits exist.

Help I can't help finding every yellow ranger cute
Joe_Mello
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: The Iromonea

Post by Joe_Mello »

Sentai Thursday? I can get used to this.
Forever Blue wrote:Was it me, or did Joe seem very angry this episode, what with all the rapid punching.
I'm guessing his code of honor was on full flare this episode. Kidnapping a girl? Interrupting 1-on-1 combat? You won't be going home healthy.

All in all, this episode was just strange. Somehow, it's okay to lie when it's going to end up doing the right thing, anyway. Also, Space Chemistry is weird.
CarterSensei wrote:I wound up playing "Kaiju" for a group of 2nd graders who wanted to play sentai. I think I blew up.
black cosmic ranger
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: DENJIMAN
2nd Favorite Series: DAIRANGER
Dreamy: HOUOURANGER
Favorite Actor?: RYUURENJAA
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by black cosmic ranger »

navi the parrot never run control panel before
BCR
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

Funny ep was F-ing hilarious!! Ahim getting kidnapped was silly. Kidnapper's jaw dropping at Ahim asking for 300 mil *my god what I would do for $300 mil*. Blaming Zangyack for the crime. Playing innocent. I loved this episode!

I enjoyed watching the Gokaiger fight in their civvies. Joe fighting one hand behind his back was awesome! Luka-Headbutt! Priceless. Doc going pro-wrestler on us was funny.
And after the henshin: I laughed so hard when Marvelous was fighting the Goumin. It looked like he shot that one in the crotch. Joe calling the Goumin that struck him in the back a bastard, yeah, that was pretty funny!
black cosmic ranger wrote:navi the parrot never run control panel before
I love seeing Navi when the Spec-Ef animate it.

Theory Spoiler??
Spoiler
Anyone else feeling that the Sixth Gokaiger will be from Earth and not another planet like the others? It's just a feeling I have. Could be wrong but it is possible, right?
JumperPrime
Kamen Rider Club
Kamen Rider Club
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Wakana
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Bulletstorm
Quote: Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

Post by JumperPrime »

zeta_gundam wrote:I find it funny how Joe/Luka and Ahim/Doc had to switch sides for the transformation sequence. What the heck was that for? That's one of those "Why the heck?!" moments in Sentai.
Marvelous probably drilled the others on this until it became second nature.

Marvelous: "These things must be done properly. This I was taught by the man I respected above all others and who gave his life to save mine. To do it in a sloppy manner for any reason other than urgent need would dishonor my late captain."

Considering the name of the pirate group Marvelous is the last survivor of, I think it makes sense for AkaRed to have been the captain. And since AkaRed was pretty much the embodiment of the red Sentai hero, he would undoubtedly consider team members standing in the correct formation for a group henshin to be almost as important as defeating the bad guys.
hperb

Post by hperb »

i love those fight without them transforming...and longer than the other sentais I've watched before...it's good how they're doing type of scene nowadays (started especially with shinkenger :D ) ...
zeta_gundam wrote:I find it funny how Joe/Luka and Ahim/Doc had to switch sides for the transformation sequence. What the heck was that for? That's one of those "Why the heck?!" moments in Sentai.
...probably they only followed the already recorded position when transforming, they don't want to record another position for a different henshin formation :lol: ...i think even power rangers do that :)
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

hperb wrote:i love those fight without them transforming...and longer than the other sentais I've watched before...it's good how they're doing type of scene nowadays (started especially with shinkenger :D ) ...
Uh, untransformed fights have been going on for longer than Shinken's been around.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Seriously. I watched an episode of JAKQ years ago, and they beat up some criminals before running back to their base and hopping in the energy accellerators to transform. Henshin devices? Try henshin booths.

That show, man, that show...
psychogoatee
Infinity
Favorite series: 555
Dreamy: Cutie Honey
Favorite Band: Elvenking
My boom: Metal Gear

Post by psychogoatee »

Fun episode! Ahim is a true badass. I loved it when the baddie monster guy was like "It's a misunderstanding, right...? Right princess?" Classic. :mrgreen:
AeonRanger
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Chou Sei Shin
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Actor?: Inuoe Masahrio
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
My boom: HENSHIN

Post by AeonRanger »

both the pirates and kidnapper fail in this episode the kidnapper fails at kidnapping and the pirates fail at figuring out who the real kidnapper is. aihm really has no clue though i guess that's the life of a princess and we find out how here planet was destroyed by the plutheom thing poison whatever it's called.
Tensou - Let me count the number of your crimes
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

I've been thinking this for a while but, the gokaiger team doesn't actually seem all that smart... on a related note I would never have Captain Marvelous as a hostage negotiator.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Joe_Mello
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: The Iromonea

Post by Joe_Mello »

Kogashi wrote:on a related note I would never have Captain Marvelous as a hostage negotiator.
Just because you have a giant robot does not mean you are a negotiator.
CarterSensei wrote:I wound up playing "Kaiju" for a group of 2nd graders who wanted to play sentai. I think I blew up.
remolay
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Wizard's Costume
Favorite Actor?: Simon Pegg
Favorite Band: Queen
My boom: Babylon 5
Quote: There's a hole in my neighborhood down which of late I cannot help but fall.

Post by remolay »

I think "Give us the girl and we wont beat your ass" is a good deal for negotiations, don't you?
Well I guess I'm not a pirate anymore now that img limits exist.

Help I can't help finding every yellow ranger cute
Arigomi
Save the life
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

Kogashi wrote:I've been thinking this for a while but, the gokaiger team doesn't actually seem all that smart...
They don't really need it since they have access to vast amounts of power with the Ranger Keys. You can get a lot done with brute force and determination.

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”