triple_lei
Adventure
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Goseiger
Dreamy: BoukenPink
My boom: Persona series

Re: Gokaiger 14 released

Post by triple_lei »

Awesome, awesome episode. And even that episode was overshadowed by the preview of the next episode! Definitely worth the wait.

And much thanks to Go-On Macaroni for the link.
TaelonZ
7X
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Akibaranger
Alignment: Neutral
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by TaelonZ »

wanmoke wrote:And Jasmine.

Is Deka the only series to have more guest stars than the Red of the series? I know Takeru didn't show up for Shinkenger...
technically shinkinger had 2 with both hime and her retainer but it probably would be considered the same character (~3 if you also count kuros)
Zazelle wrote:Hillarious episode! Th part where to Gokaigers run away made me fall off my chair!

Preview
Spoiler
Aha, so the sixth appears, it's a shame though, somehow I was hoping Sid would have come back and become the sixth.
revealing info related to beyond the episode (aka press releases, dont read if you dont wanna know)
Spoiler
Learn to close your spoiler tag correctly next time, and also what you said is a ban worthy offense, see you next week
Last edited by Phoenix512 on Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spoiling
KrimzonKaiser
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: 仮面ライダーW
2nd Favorite Series: 仮面ライダーアギト
Dreamy: 森カンナ
Favorite Actor?: 桐山 漣
Favorite Band: Metal. 'Nuff said.
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: 仮面ライダーディケイド

Post by KrimzonKaiser »

*digs way out of a hole in the Earth* ...damn, it's been years since I last posted here. 'Sup, dudes. :D

I wildly applauded the last few minutes with Kyousuke's inspiring team pose. Seriously. For a straight minute and a half.

That is all. *rests in hole*
通りすがりの仮面カイザーだ。憶えておけ!
Arawynn
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Garo, KR Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kouga, Tetsu
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Arawynn »

It was a ridiculous episode. All they did was make fun of carranger and reduce it to a total joke. I hope the Redracer and other rangers did not feel humiliated...
KR - Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-o, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze Sentai - Dai, Time, Gao, Hurrican, Aba, Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-on, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Gobust Other: Garo, Garo: Makai Senki
DrowningFishy
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Silly Kaijiu. Kicks are for Riders!" - hunter-urufu

Post by DrowningFishy »

Arawynn wrote:It was a ridiculous episode. All they did was make fun of carranger and reduce it to a total joke. I hope the Redracer and other rangers did not feel humiliated...
The only way I can see as them feeling hamiliated would be if the could not get a joke ever. Carranger was ment to be silly to begin with. Yes, I can understand if someone felt their grandpower was useless, but making kids smile and learn about traffic saftey is a grandpower in itself... And certently less clean up.

To each their own, but I can defently say that because of this episode my new coworker is a new Sentai fan. Course I could have delt without the whole sudden and unexpected spontanious laughter from behind.

PS: You also have to remember a lot of kids won't recognise the older sentai. So they'll turn to their mommy/daddy and ask and hopefully draw on some nostalgia.
Joe_Mello
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: The Iromonea

Post by Joe_Mello »

Arawynn wrote:It was a ridiculous episode. All they did was make fun of carranger and reduce it to a total joke.
You're taking your children's television much too seriously.

Not every ranger series is high adventure, and I fully expect that the Go-Onger episode is going to be the exact opposite of serious. This doesn't mean it won't be entertaining, despite whatever self-deprecation may occur.

Also, while I didn't necessarily enjoy most of the gags this episode, I was wildly snickering about RedRacer's alter ego being an actor.
CarterSensei wrote:I wound up playing "Kaiju" for a group of 2nd graders who wanted to play sentai. I think I blew up.
Therm_Kitty
Gabu
Dreamy: Shotaro!
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Therm_Kitty »

Arawynn wrote:It was a ridiculous episode. All they did was make fun of carranger and reduce it to a total joke. I hope the Redracer and other rangers did not feel humiliated...
I have to assume that you haven't actually seen Carranger. Gokaiger tribute episodes are written to fit the original series, just like how the Shinkenger episodes felt like a serious Shinkenger arc or how the Magiranger episode felt like a character-building Magiranger episode. Actually, it was kind of toned down in comparison to the really manic moments. This episode brought back all those great memories or traffic safety and made Insaan my favourite out of the main villains.
clonex25
It's not even funny
It's not even funny
Favorite series: Maskman
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
My boom: mecha design
Quote: "Never explain yourself"

Post by clonex25 »

That was a hilarious episode... A perfect theme for a CarRanger tribute...
Although the "Grand Power" doesn't say that much, it's pretty obvious that there is more to having a power that is inserted in the ranger keyholes, and that is to promote traffic safety to kids (We also want to have a safe life, don't we?).

The Insaan-Jealoushitto flashback:
It only proves that life doesn't start as an adult, even for kaijins...

To Doc:
Shakespeare, is that you?

The TurboRanger/CarRanger key mistake/confusion:
That really LOL'd me... confusing one sentai team after another since they both have car/vehicle mecha...
Actually this, in my opinion, is another Power Ranger reference. It is because Power Rangers Turbo (like Mighty Morphin and others) was also dubbed in Japanese. Thus the "Ranger Key confusion"...
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

We've gone full Carranger this episode, even to the point of an alien falling in love with Kyosuke Jinnai. One complaint I have is they didn't feature a Bowzock member for the action commander, but it was still a nice tribute to Carranger and all the wackiness that comes with the series.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”