I claim this bounty in the name of #TV-Nihon! Arrr
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Goseiger | Gokaiger | AkibaRanger >
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Re: Gokaiger 14 released

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

m4rc0 wrote:LOL @ Navi's comment in the end.
That along with the "Speedor"-looking car in the beginning are big hits to Go-Onger. The comment about "not wasting energy" was very 'eco-friendly'. LOL
redwhitesentai
7X
Favorite series: boukenger
2nd Favorite Series: dekaranger
Dreamy: bouken pink
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: hmm.. I'll think about it
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by redwhitesentai »

my god... funny but over done humors . i agree this is quite a character assassination to Insaan.

i was waiting for red racer to make reference to Zonette (surely this is the inspiration for the love story)...

I like it when red racer is the only one "previous" sentai that did not go into mysterious-"i am a former sentai" look, he said it straight away....

carranger is still funny ten years after....
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

This episode was so whacky. It was as whacky as the whole Carranger series. I never saw the series but um, the American adaptation of it already shows how much of a joke it was. Anyways, I did chuckle at the Gokaiger henshining into Turboranger at first. Lol...The whole plot of this episode was hilarious as well. I like the pun on Jealoushotto's name, and thought the dancing part with Insaan and Red Racer funny too. So, what was the Grand Power of the Carranger's anyways? It almost seems as worthless as when Tsukasa gained the Den-O Imagin's powers in Decade.
Joe_Mello
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: The Iromonea

Post by Joe_Mello »

chronoxiong wrote:So, what was the Grand Power of the Carranger's anyways?
They got a special attack out of it, which honestly, looked more impressive than the GekiRanger special
CarterSensei wrote:I wound up playing "Kaiju" for a group of 2nd graders who wanted to play sentai. I think I blew up.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Netto no Zen-Aki wrote:The reason for this was because of the previous series: "Chouriki Sentai Oh-Ranger". It was a Sentai series that was seen as 'too serious'. And what is the polar opposite of 'too serious'? In short: CarRanger.
If you're referring to "Zomg, OhRanger killed sentai, Car saved it"; that's not necessarily true).
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Go-On Macaroni wrote: That was more of a joke on that the two shows share a lot of the same staffers than referencing Power Rangers.
No reason it can't be both. I certainly got the two confused when I was just getting into sentai, and it's not as if the guys at Toei are ignorant of Power Rangers.
chronoxiong wrote:So, what was the Grand Power of the Carranger's anyways?
Isn't it obvious? Making children happy.
Zazelle
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Shiraishi Mako
Favorite Actor?: Shirota Yu
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Zazelle »

Hillarious episode! Th part where to Gokaigers run away made me fall off my chair!

Preview
Spoiler
Aha, so the sixth appears, it's a shame though, somehow I was hoping Sid would have come back and become the sixth.
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:
Netto no Zen-Aki wrote:The reason for this was because of the previous series: "Chouriki Sentai Oh-Ranger". It was a Sentai series that was seen as 'too serious'. And what is the polar opposite of 'too serious'? In short: CarRanger.
If you're referring to "Zomg, OhRanger killed sentai, Car saved it"; that's not necessarily true).
Thanks for the information. Guess I was wrong. It happens. But we can thank the stars that Sentai is still going strong.
Forever Blue
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by Forever Blue »

Man, this episode was so horrible, it was awesome. I knew it would be like this too, seeing as who they were dealing with. I couldn't help but laugh myself into tears.

But still... It got a little creepy at times...
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

You know, considering how RedRacer aged in the intervening 15 years, I'm curious to see how even more poorly Red Falcon's aged. He was pretty chubby in Gao VS Super Sentai, with his mullet and everything.

Oh god, who's dead from old age?! I'm pretty sure AoRanger died years ago, but apparently this show only cares about Red Rangers.

And Doggie Krueger.
wanmoke
Sentai Senshi
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by wanmoke »

And Jasmine.

Is Deka the only series to have more guest stars than the Red of the series? I know Takeru didn't show up for Shinkenger...
AeonRanger
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Chou Sei Shin
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Actor?: Inuoe Masahrio
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: HENSHIN

Post by AeonRanger »

just like the useless grand power this felt like a pretty useless episode. is there any pattern in this past sentai appearence or is it just totally random. yeah it was pretty humourous this episode i wouldn't say it was funny. it was an alright episode didn't really feel like a true past sentai episode though to be honest
Tensou - Let me count the number of your crimes
ShadowX7
NagoSan
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz
My boom: Fourze, P4A/G
Quote: "Misunderstandings happens all the time, more so on the internet."

Post by ShadowX7 »

I think they tried too hard to be funny on this episode, although I did laugh at the "I love you scene" even though it happened so randomly and kaijins in school uniform (makes you think if every kaijin that the rangers fought ever went to high school)

Also, it was awkward to see a kaijin trying to force-kiss a ranger

I was disappointed that they didn't actually get a new Gokai-Oh upgrade, the new attack doesn't even count as a Grand Power, since the didn't use a Ranger key to do it

Can't wait to see the next episode
"You count the medals, one, two, and three! Life goes on, anything goes, coming up OOO!"
Silent_X
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Silent_X »

dancercotillion wrote:
Go-On Macaroni wrote: That was more of a joke on that the two shows share a lot of the same staffers than referencing Power Rangers.
No reason it can't be both. I certainly got the two confused when I was just getting into sentai, and it's not as if the guys at Toei are ignorant of Power Rangers.
I think it's supposed to be the same kind of joke as mentioning how people get Kamen Riders ZO and J mixed up.
I may be lying
Disclaimer: I do not endorse HeadOn; it is barely anything more than a stick of wax. I am simply using it as a Transformers joke.
TG23
Gabu
Dreamy: Hell Wolf-kun
My boom: Killing You Guys

Post by TG23 »

Ha. What a great episode. Laughs all over. Loved that last part with the parrot. I just love those quick change type of jokes. I also like how during the "I love you" part, everyone was looking up at Jealoushitto but Marvelous just kept look straight forward. Avoiding as much direct eye contact as possible.
Last edited by TG23 on Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OMAETACHI, KOROCHU!

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”