Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Goseiger | Gokaiger | AkibaRanger >
Forever Blue
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Re: Gokaiger 15 released

Post by Forever Blue »

Man, that was a pretty epic episode. I don't see a problem with Basco being like DiEnd in the fact that he can summon other former Sentai- I liked that ability with Kamen Rider, and I like it now- as long as he stays an enemy. Him being able to summon what seems to be an unlimited amount on the other hand, troubles me.

Also, has Yellow dual locked her swords like that before? I don't think I've seen her do it. She's like the master of sword manipulation. Also, Doc's random dance gun fighting is so epic.

A very big yes to my favorite Sentai(GokaiBlue) vs my favorite Power Ranger.

I think that even if they didn't get ambushed, they might have lost.
Duskmon897
Quote: Ladies and gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Post by Duskmon897 »

I love seeing the original Green Ranger (Zyuranger) fighting again, he was always favorite Power Ranger growing up.
Joe_Mello
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: The Iromonea

Post by Joe_Mello »

So...does this mean Marvelous is his own 6th ranger? Also, with the blatant Hideyoshi expy character riding with the bad guys, does that make Basco the Nobunaga or is that Damarasu? Or is Damarasu the Mitsuhide? Am I the only one finding this remotely interesting?
Aeikozz wrote:Not once did we get a GokaiChange in this episode. Just an all together crappy episode.
I'd argue two things: 1) Marvelous compromised from the start, which means that the fight strategy was likely nothing more than "Pound him into dust." 2) All the sentai service was taken care of by the bad guys.

It's unsurprising that Basco is getting all the DiEnd comparisons. After all, the episode went out of its way to show how Chaotic Neutral he is. (Our heroes iirc, are Chaotic Good) It'll be interesting to see what games Damarasu is playing and when/if he decides Basco outlived his usefulness.

Also, while it's an incredibly unoriginal thing to do, I'd love it if one of the captured Gokaigers ask Basco what he would do if he found the Treasure.
Silent_X wrote:Also, how did the dead guys fight in the war? Hopefully that's explained eventually.
Look at my hands. Watch as they go back and forth. Your question has been answered.

At least, that's what I imagine the answer will be.
CarterSensei wrote:I wound up playing "Kaiju" for a group of 2nd graders who wanted to play sentai. I think I blew up.
mantis
Go Go!
Favorite series: Ultraseven
2nd Favorite Series: Sailor Moon
Dreamy: Gosei Blue
Favorite Actor?: Ito Hideaki
Favorite Band: None right now

Post by mantis »

-snip-

I am glad I finally got to see the Gokaigers get their butts kicked because they have been way too strong up till now. It is kind of like Godzilla from GMK - he was massive and just too strong. He was more like a bully than a force to be reckoned with.
Last edited by Lunagel on Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spoilers
Flare Phoenix
7X

Post by Flare Phoenix »

PFire wrote:Gosei Knight wasn't even a Ranger, he was a headder that took a humanoid form, with that being the case they should have added Ninjaman as a Kakuranger Key :lol:
Or the Black Knight from Gingaman (at least he actually got a human form) and Signalman from Carranger.
methos
7X
Favorite series: KRW
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by methos »

Ahim is fast becoming my favorite Sentai Pink ever. She is absolutely badass in battle.
TG23
Gabu
Dreamy: Hell Wolf-kun
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Killing You Guys

Post by TG23 »

I really hope Basco doesn't become our 6th ranger. It be interesting to have a constant human villian in the series. Similar to Shinkenger even though Juzo was just part human.
OMAETACHI, KOROCHU!
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

Flare Phoenix wrote:
PFire wrote:Gosei Knight wasn't even a Ranger, he was a headder that took a humanoid form, with that being the case they should have added Ninjaman as a Kakuranger Key :lol:
Or the Black Knight from Gingaman (at least he actually got a human form) and Signalman from Carranger.
Signal and Bull Black are counted as extra heroes. Ninjaman is being totally ignored. Along with X1.
Joe_Mello
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
My boom: The Iromonea

Post by Joe_Mello »

Would it be very n00bish of me to say that I missed having Tomokazu Seki during this episode?
CarterSensei wrote:I wound up playing "Kaiju" for a group of 2nd graders who wanted to play sentai. I think I blew up.
backdrop001
That's so ridiculous
That's so ridiculous

Post by backdrop001 »

Flare Phoenix wrote:
Wing Form Decade wrote:It's not that they become magiclly strong the whole theme of super sentai is that resolve will get you thorugh anything it's their bonds and teamwork that got them through that fight and knowing they have people their for them. well at least thats how i see it
What people? Sure they interact with the previous Sentai members but it's pretty well established they're only doing so because it is their best bet to getting the treasure.

That's a little bit of a stretch though. I'm all for the rangers pulling together and beating a tough monster through teamwork and all, but the fact in episode 11 he walked through all five of them like they were nothing and in episode 12 they completely toppled him was very jarring. Not to mention the fact Marvelous was supposed to be injured at the time as well. There was nothing to suggest they'd gotten stronger in between time (unless Marvelous is secretly a Saiyan) and there weren't any differing circumstances between the two fights that would explain why the Gokaigers could suddenly kick the monster's ass.

Anyway, I feel we're starting to get a little off-topic here (sorry, tend to do that from time to time). There are a couple of reasons I don't see Basco becomming the sixth ranger.

1. Marvelous wouldn't trust him again... he's not stupid and it's not like Basco was under mind control or something.

2. He would seriously be overpowered. Everytime a monster comes down, he could just summon every Sentai warrior from the past to beat it (since there does not seem to be a limit on how many he can summon at one time).

Well its always possible that his way of summoning all the ranger (trumpet? not sure lol) will become broken right and then he'd have to transform like the others do.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Silent_X wrote: I chalked up them not using their powers to their full potential to them not being the actual guys.
Although I don't know what happens to guys like GoseiKnight and Shurikenger(Haven't watched enough Hurricanger to see him, but I heard he's not an actual person/human) when they lose their power.
Also, how did the dead guys fight in the war? Hopefully that's explained eventually.
Shurikenger was an actual human, just is transformed form is his real form, he just disguises himself as other people and 'transforms' from that. Gosei Knight is the only one considered an extra hero that never transforms/was never human in origin.
neonkenji21
Infinity
Favorite series: DekaRanger
2nd Favorite Series: MagiRanger
Dreamy: Mele....
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: DekaRanger Cosplay!!

Post by neonkenji21 »

This is kind of off-topic, but I'll still say it...

Since reading the previous posts mentioned questions about Sentai heroes that died that were able to participate in the Legendary War, like AbareKiller...

That made me wonder...

For anyone that had watched Chojin Sentai Jetman in full, y'all know then that Gai/Black Condor died in the end at the hands of a robber.

He probably couldn't have participated at that Legendary War in episode one, but Gokai Green was able to use his power, right?

..a little food for thought... ^_^
DrowningFishy
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Silly Kaijiu. Kicks are for Riders!" - hunter-urufu

Post by DrowningFishy »

neonkenji21 wrote:This is kind of off-topic, but I'll still say it...

Since reading the previous posts mentioned questions about Sentai heroes that died that were able to participate in the Legendary War, like AbareKiller...

That made me wonder...

For anyone that had watched Chojin Sentai Jetman in full, y'all know then that Gai/Black Condor died in the end at the hands of a robber.

He probably couldn't have participated at that Legendary War in episode one, but Gokai Green was able to use his power, right?

Zombies I tell you, it's a logical way for someone to "come back to life" to fight. Only probablem is that there was nothing left after the battle to keep the bodies animated. Sentai should really invest in the T-Virus.
Flare Phoenix
7X

Post by Flare Phoenix »

DrowningFishy wrote:
neonkenji21 wrote:This is kind of off-topic, but I'll still say it...

That made me wonder...

Zombies I tell you, it's a logical way for someone to "come back to life" to fight. Only probablem is that there was nothing left after the battle to keep the bodies animated. Sentai should really invest in the T-Virus.
I kind of doubt we're ever going to get a proper answer to the question, because I doubt the writers thought of it when coming up with that scene. It is really just a way to explain where the Ranger Keys come from.

I mean if you really want to you could come up with a whole bunch of potential plot holes surrounding that moment. Like if all the Sentai teams still existed and still had their powers up to that point, why they never helped out when the Earth repeatedly fell under attack. What made the Zangyack army so deserving of a full Sentai resistance when so many forces attacked Earth with an army of their own.

The best explanation I can come up with for why certain Sentai members are still around is "shut up the scene is awesome and doesn't need explaining" but one possible explanation is someone else is using the power instead of the person that died.

I'm still a little iffy on the whole "using up all their energy to destroy the Zangyack fleet meaning they lose their powers forever" business since really all that would mean is their powers would need a while to recharge. Not to mention the fact if the power went to destroying the first wave of attacks, how did the power also go into creating the ranger keys (I'm giving myself a headache here). Maybe I'm looking way too much into this, but these kinds of things bug me.
DrowningFishy
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Silly Kaijiu. Kicks are for Riders!" - hunter-urufu

Post by DrowningFishy »

^^ I understood what you ment, but due to the amount of people who probably still continue to complain but their dead I decided to insert a zombie joke. Zombie sentai's that would be a thing to see. XD And who is to say it is not another person picking up the suit. There is nothing to say it cannot be inherited or passed around.

Fact still remains instead of just enjoying a show, people over analize it. There is not so many holes plot wise as in KR Kiva which you could not help but to notice cause they glared brighter then the sun.

Take away all the dead, or sentai's that are no longer in this universe, how many sentai's would we have left? Wait, how many of our favorites would we have left?

As for loosing the powers and the creation of the keys. Maybe the greatest treasure in the universe is the restoration of Sentai's.

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”