Wiki Link

< Goseiger | Gokaiger | AkibaRanger >
Therm_Kitty
Gabu
Dreamy: Shotaro!
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Re: Gokaiger 15 released

Post by Therm_Kitty »

Quite the great episode. Since I don't dignify Decade with my long-term memory, the trumpet didn't feel too stale.

I suppose that Marvelous can learn about the sixths now that he has 5 keys to learn from. I don't see why people think that letting him have the keys was illogical. First, retrieving them would require sending troops at him, possibly letting the other 4 escape and wasting time. Secondly, he clearly explains that he believes in sacrifices and equivalent exchange. 4 Keys = 4 Gokaigers. TimeFire is the additional sacrifice beyond equivalence that had to be made.
AeonRanger
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Chou Sei Shin
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Actor?: Inuoe Masahrio
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: HENSHIN

Post by AeonRanger »

hmm why a trumpet to summon more rangers and doesn't the music it plays sound a bit like the hibiki trumpet player? i was thinking how they were going to do the go-ongers extra rangers since there's two of them. i knew that mysterious ranger was aka red so he was a pirate after all then i wondered where he went after boukenger. a pretty good episode what will marvelous do next?
Tensou - Let me count the number of your crimes
DarkRobin
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by DarkRobin »

DrowningFishy wrote:So the person who said Gokaigers are to strong, will the please stand up and say it again? Well, that is, if they dare after this episode. Poor Marvelous.

I did not want to say something last episode in risk of me being shanghied and banned for a week but I happened to be watching a certian toku episode when I paused to watch and ultimatly reach last weeks preview. Then I couldn't help but to start laughing at how similar two space monkies seemed. Still rings true even after this episode.

Distant cousins maybe?
Spoiler
:thumb211359153: Edit: thumbnail not working I tried: http://fav.me/d3hu5rl

Preview: It's going to be a LONG week. XD
They lost just one fight and outnumbered by "rangers"

Knowing the series, the next episode will likely have them dominating Basco and the ranger avaters.

The most interesting part about this episode is we finally seeing the ranger keys of the previous 6th rangers being used, and the way they were used.

Wonder what possibilities are opened by this turn of event
Joe_Mello
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: The Iromonea

Post by Joe_Mello »

DarkRobin wrote:Wonder what possibilities are opened by this turn of event
The only thing I keep going back to is Keychain of Creation and aside from being an amusing concept by itself, it really has no purpose here.
CarterSensei wrote:I wound up playing "Kaiju" for a group of 2nd graders who wanted to play sentai. I think I blew up.
Flare Phoenix
7X

Post by Flare Phoenix »

Skiks wrote:
Flare Phoenix wrote: My biggest problem with this episode is that Basco's decision to retreat at the end of the episode makes no sense. He has the Gokaigers basically defeated, and could just outright kill them then and there. He knows where the Ranger Keys are, and it's not like finding the GokaiGalleon would be particularly difficult with a bit of aid from the Zangyack.

You could argue he is trying to torture Marvelous, but honestly killing off the other Gokaigers rather than capturing them would be far more effective in a torture method. It really was a contrived method to not have the series end right at that point.
Since the reward is dead or alive not only will he still get his reward he gets to prove his superiority by capturing them alive to the empire. Think about it's much harder to keep them alive then to just out right kill them.
Series wise they'd never kill the crew this early and I highly doubt any of them would die. However seeing the kind of character Basco is it makes sense. He's really cocky and feels like he can toy with his former crewmate without any worries. Honestly you're expecting too much and you'll be complaining about this in every series.
Anyways I enjoyed Diend 2.0 can't wait to see more of him.
Oh I know its often contrived to keep the rangers alive (monsters always seemed to run out of water just at the right time in Shinkenger). It just seemed particularly noticeable for me here. Still you guys are right: it's not that big a problem.

As for the lack of Gokai Changes, I think its good the show doesn't feel the need to do it all the time. It is mostly a gimmick and its good the writers feel confident enough to have an episode stand on the story and characters alone.
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

Man what an episode this was. There's always episodes from each Sentai series that I remember for its kickass moments and fights. This episode contained all of them and I loved it. The Gokaigers got brutally hammered in their costumed forms and human forms. That was a sight to see. It's so awesome to see the Dragon Ranger in action. Growing up loving the um, American version of him, he will always be my favorite 6th Ranger. Basco's debut has already introduced a lot of ways to develop him. Right now, he's arrogant and a prick for toying with his former partner. It will be interesting to see how this goes. I don't mind the trumphet being used as a summoning device too. The ending left me wanting more now. Can't wait for the next episode!
atilim
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Post by atilim »

A trumphet isn't all that weird compared to some of the other things, like oversized cellphones...
kokowaks
Salami Commander

Post by kokowaks »

oversized cellphones were a thing on the past ... and i do agree that using that trumpet looks kinda awkward...
Joe_Mello
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: The Iromonea

Post by Joe_Mello »

5-valve horns don't make sense. They just don't.

Also, clamshell phones are still big in Japan, aren't they?
CarterSensei wrote:I wound up playing "Kaiju" for a group of 2nd graders who wanted to play sentai. I think I blew up.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

A lot of people still think of cellphones as folding open, even in North America. The popular image is transitioning to smartphones, but it's slow. Wasn't too long ago news agencies were still using shots of decade-old brickphones, or having calculator-style LCD displays, after all.

As toys go, opening phones is fun! I would love to have a Shodophone, that folding action looked so awesome. Can you imagine how lame a toy iPhone4 would be? Doesn't do anything. That's hardly a toy at all...
DrowningFishy
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: "Silly Kaijiu. Kicks are for Riders!" - hunter-urufu

Post by DrowningFishy »

dancercotillion wrote:A lot of people still think of cellphones as folding open, even in North America. The popular image is transitioning to smartphones, but it's slow. Wasn't too long ago news agencies were still using shots of decade-old brickphones, or having calculator-style LCD displays, after all.

As toys go, opening phones is fun! I would love to have a Shodophone, that folding action looked so awesome. Can you imagine how lame a toy iPhone4 would be? Doesn't do anything. That's hardly a toy at all...
Not to mention imagine how scratched up they get after a certian amount of abuse. And yes, phones like the ones that are comming into use today would be very boring toys. No awesome flip action with strike a pose. Try doing an awesome strike a pose with a Droid or said IPhone. XD Though I can't flip open my phone awesomely it's built like a bar of soap. Doing so would probably result in someone getting injured by a flying phone.

They need t start making phones like to gokaigers, that would be so much fun.
atilim
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Post by atilim »

Just saying, sentai transformation device are usually oversized toys that either look like cellphones or a weird calculator.

They could spice things up a bit more by changing it every now and then so a trumpet is kind of ''fresh''.

How about they use the Kamen Rider idea for a while and just have something like a belt and use another device to transform. Personally I find the ''hensin'' part of KM looks way cooler then sentai counterpart anyway.
DrowningFishy
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: "Silly Kaijiu. Kicks are for Riders!" - hunter-urufu

Post by DrowningFishy »

atilim wrote:Just saying, sentai transformation device are usually oversized toys that either look like cellphones or a weird calculator.

They could spice things up a bit more by changing it every now and then so a trumpet is kind of ''fresh''.

How about they use the Kamen Rider idea for a while and just have something like a belt and use another device to transform. Personally I find the ''hensin'' part of KM looks way cooler then sentai counterpart anyway.

Mmm there are plenty more ways to henshin. I for one when I read your post I automatically thought of Ultraseven's way. You know this could be a whole 'nother thread in and of it'self. Yes, I know the trumpet in gokaiger started it. XD And a trumpet more durable then a violin.
Fobo911
Go Go!
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: Kotoha-chan!
Favorite Actor?: Suzuka Morita
My boom: Girls
Quote: "The average person has one ovary and one testicle."

Post by Fobo911 »

I wonder if the Gokaigers know that GekiViolet and GekiChopper are technically "sixth rangers" as well (Gekiranger clearly portrays them as extra rangers to the original three)... I understand that those keys were needed for the Gekiranger tribute episode in order to account for the five members, but it just bothers me that GekiViolet and GekiChopper aren't significant enough to be considered "sixth rangers."
"The average person has one ovary and one testicle."
-Psychology textbook
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Gekiranger is complicated. Gou's equipment's been sitting around the longest, Jan is the newest, and Ken has been GekiChopper for a while, even if he's a slackass. Kind of difficult to say who's the additional Ranger there. It's weird, though, because it's not just "dudes past the first five", otherwise we'd have a BullBlack key and a SignalMan key. But neither of those guys are in the closing of the show, so I don't know what the hell's up.

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”