I claim this bounty in the name of #TV-Nihon! Arrr
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Goseiger | Gokaiger | AkibaRanger >
Flare Phoenix
7X

Re: Gokaiger 15 released

Post by Flare Phoenix »

DrowningFishy wrote:If I am allowed to say anything anymore with someone getting offended; I would like to say I find this episode intriguing. It seems like an even split between people who did not like this episode, and those who liked it. Of course there are a few people are nuetral on whether this episode was good or bad.

Remolay what would you have liked to see it go down? Or better yet, what would have kept this episode more interesting?
My biggest problem with this episode is that Basco's decision to retreat at the end of the episode makes no sense. He has the Gokaigers basically defeated, and could just outright kill them then and there. He knows where the Ranger Keys are, and it's not like finding the GokaiGalleon would be particularly difficult with a bit of aid from the Zangyack.

You could argue he is trying to torture Marvelous, but honestly killing off the other Gokaigers rather than capturing them would be far more effective in a torture method. It really was a contrived method to not have the series end right at that point.
ShadowX7
NagoSan
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Fourze, P4A/G
Quote: "Misunderstandings happens all the time, more so on the internet."

Post by ShadowX7 »

I like where the story is going, with a clear rival for Marvelous and a new strong enemy (The Zangyacks are boring villains to be honest)
It's great to see a Ranger fighting against another Ranger
It's too bad the Gokaigers didn't transform into other Rangers in this episode, though
TG23 wrote:I really hope Basco doesn't become our 6th ranger. It be interesting to have a constant human villian in the series. Similar to Shinkenger even though Juzo was just part human.
Yeah, I agree with you, but the Gokaigers already managed to beat his 5 Ranger clones (even though they were struggling), so it isn't such a great start as a new enemy (rule of new enemy is that they're unbeatable until the heroes get an upgrade)

Also, I noticed that his phone doesn't have a slot for Ranger Keys (clearly seen in 13:10), so unless he can use his horn to transform, I don't think he'll be the 6th Ranger
"You count the medals, one, two, and three! Life goes on, anything goes, coming up OOO!"
DREWdesu
7X

Post by DREWdesu »

I liked this episode, didn't like the way Ahim and Luka were being beaten up like that. Basco has no respect for women! Anyway I really liked how the back story of Marvy fleshed out more and I hope Ahim, Luka and Don's stories do get fleshed out as well.

I loved when the 5 Sixth Puppets were shooting their first attack to the rangers, Don as Gokaigreen blocks his ears haha.

Anyway I really hate Basco, don't know if its the acting that annoys me or the personality of the character. He just... UGH!

The thing that also annoyed me was the lack of Gokai-Changes. I think there has to be a limit of Rangers per episode, so thats probably why... but seriously I think if the Gokai god-modded themselves a bit more, they would have been able to beat the other sixths.

Preview
Spoiler
Don in chains... oh dear!
jolly_old_saint
Faiz
Favorite series: Gumby
2nd Favorite Series: Dengekibikifaizenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by jolly_old_saint »

...Look out, DiEnd just-Φ TheBee!

...Look out, its a girly man and cheap MV!

...I thought the team already turned into some of the ones at the end...? Meh, wasn't paying that close attention.

...Ping Pong!

...Is that what Mulan's going by now?
Joe_Mello
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: The Iromonea

Post by Joe_Mello »

Flare Phoenix wrote:You could argue he is trying to torture Marvelous, but honestly killing off the other Gokaigers rather than capturing them would be far more effective in a torture method. It really was a contrived method to not have the series end right at that point.
Well, Captain Amoral's two main goals are to 1) get the Ranger Keys and 2) grind his apparent axe with Marvelous (because there's apparently only so much of AkaRed to go around). Killing isn't a necessity here--at least not yet--as the current plan would accomplishes both goals. Once Marvelous gives Basco his booty, then the killing can start.

However, if Basco has the foresight to realize that Zangyack isn't going to let him keep the keys, then keeping the Gokaigers alive is a good idea. They can provide an effective distraction while he jets off into the sunset with all the treasure.
CarterSensei wrote:I wound up playing "Kaiju" for a group of 2nd graders who wanted to play sentai. I think I blew up.
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

Why would Basco want to kill the Gokaigers. They have rewards on their heads. I'd want the bounty.
Xander Blaze
Kamen Knight
2nd Favorite Series: W / Kuuga
Dreamy: Tendou Souji
Favorite Actor?: Kikkawa Koji
Favorite Band: Tetra Fang
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: Ultimate

Post by Xander Blaze »

archer9234 wrote:Why would Basco want to kill the Gokaigers. They have rewards on their heads. I'd want the bounty.
Nah, it's "WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE" bounty, the only reason he didn't kill the Gokaigers is that's how the villain does. Every time they won, they escape, no big deal. If not, they won't be alive to save the day which is the main point, and if they just keep winning, people will complaint about they are to strong and it's illogical. Thus the same plot were they got beaten but survived and the next day, managed to gather the strength to beat the bad guys, duh.....
天の道を往き、総てを司る!
Ten no michi o Iki, Subete o Tsukasadoru otoko!
Walking the path of heaven, the man who will rule over everything!

Yes, I'm back
Truthfully.
Disappeared since the end of Kamen Rider OOO
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

Come on man, Decade had a lot more plotholes than SpongeBob's sponge holes. Just let the whole 'dead Sentai coming back' business begone.( don't comment about my Decade's opinion, I hate it, and the series too.woohooo)

-snip-
Last edited by Lunagel on Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: 1 week ban for spoiling
ShadowX7
NagoSan
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz
My boom: Fourze, P4A/G
Quote: "Misunderstandings happens all the time, more so on the internet."

Post by ShadowX7 »

^ Better remove that spoiler before the mods ban you
"You count the medals, one, two, and three! Life goes on, anything goes, coming up OOO!"
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

DREWdesu wrote:The thing that also annoyed me was the lack of Gokai-Changes. [...] they would have been able to beat the other sixths.
Like I've said before, how were they supposed to Gokai-change if they didn't see the other 10 sixths coming? The plot was against them, that's all.
Skiks
Faiz

Post by Skiks »

Flare Phoenix wrote: My biggest problem with this episode is that Basco's decision to retreat at the end of the episode makes no sense. He has the Gokaigers basically defeated, and could just outright kill them then and there. He knows where the Ranger Keys are, and it's not like finding the GokaiGalleon would be particularly difficult with a bit of aid from the Zangyack.

You could argue he is trying to torture Marvelous, but honestly killing off the other Gokaigers rather than capturing them would be far more effective in a torture method. It really was a contrived method to not have the series end right at that point.
Since the reward is dead or alive not only will he still get his reward he gets to prove his superiority by capturing them alive to the empire. Think about it's much harder to keep them alive then to just out right kill them.
Series wise they'd never kill the crew this early and I highly doubt any of them would die. However seeing the kind of character Basco is it makes sense. He's really cocky and feels like he can toy with his former crewmate without any worries. Honestly you're expecting too much and you'll be complaining about this in every series.
Anyways I enjoyed Diend 2.0 can't wait to see more of him.
Arigomi
Save the life
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

Basco can't really kill them off since the "greatest treasure in the universe" requires getting all of the grand powers. He has heard about the grand powers so it wouldn't surprise me if he knew that getting the grand powers requires gaining the trust of the former rangers. As an untrustworthy guy, it would be easier to wait and steal the grand powers.
JumperPrime
Kamen Rider Club
Kamen Rider Club
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Wakana
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Bulletstorm
Quote: Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

Post by JumperPrime »

I think Basco left the Gokaigers alive because he's Dangerously Genre Savvy. Holding the team alive is part of his failsafe plan. He's worried that when he turns in the captured Gokaigers, Zangyack will say "You Have Outlived Your Usefulness" and try to off him instead of paying him the bounty. If that occurs, he will push a hidden button which will cause the Gokaigers' manacles to pop open then they fight their way out together in an Enemy Mine-type situation.
Joe_Mello
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
My boom: The Iromonea

Post by Joe_Mello »

JumperPrime wrote:I think Basco left the Gokaigers alive because he's Dangerously Genre Savvy. Holding the team alive is part of his failsafe plan. He's worried that when he turns in the captured Gokaigers, Zangyack will say "You Have Outlived Your Usefulness" and try to off him instead of paying him the bounty. If that occurs, he will push a hidden button which will cause the Gokaigers' manacles to pop open then they fight their way out together in an Enemy Mine-type situation.
Didn't I already say this? I said this right? :P

Honestly, Basco seems too hands-off to be a sixth. He's much more interested in the back end and being the cheeky bastard that he is than actually getting his hands dirty. If this were an Indiana Jones movie, he'd be the guy that dies at the end of the opening scene.

Not to mention that if he was going to be sixth, it would've been telegraphed so hard, it could cut diamonds.
CarterSensei wrote:I wound up playing "Kaiju" for a group of 2nd graders who wanted to play sentai. I think I blew up.
Forever Blue
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by Forever Blue »

Flare Phoenix wrote: My biggest problem with this episode is that Basco's decision to retreat at the end of the episode makes no sense. He has the Gokaigers basically defeated, and could just outright kill them then and there. He knows where the Ranger Keys are, and it's not like finding the GokaiGalleon would be particularly difficult with a bit of aid from the Zangyack.

There are many reasons that could explain what he did. The biggest being he doesn't know where the other Ranger Keys are. He could take the chance that they're on the ship, and that is if he can indeed find the ship. Earth is a big planet, and we don't know that it just stays stationary when they aren't on it. Navi could have it constantly moving. It also quickly goes into space, transforms, and comes back- so we can assume that it's incredibly fast.

Another thing is, he just learned what a Grand Power looks like- but he doesn't know how to get one, how to activate them, or how many they already have, ect. Also, if he has any leads on the treasure thus far that could be useful.

So, using his comrades as bargaining chips seems to be the best idea, because torture wouldn't work on a man like Marvelous- but guilt about letting friends die for you(again) probably would.

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”