Infinity
Favorite series: DekaRanger
2nd Favorite Series: MagiRanger
Dreamy: Mele....
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: DekaRanger Cosplay!!

Re: Gokaiger 15 released

Post by neonkenji21 »

Yeah, I wouldn't really mind the "dead coming back to life," thing, it's just that I found it funny that no one noticed it when Gokaigers used the Jetman power in one episode.. Or probably since only a few of us were able to watch Jetman in full..

Anyway, I hate that cliffhanger, can't wait for next week...

As for Basco, his character is just annoying, LOL.
Flare Phoenix
7X

Post by Flare Phoenix »

DrowningFishy wrote:^^ I understood what you ment, but due to the amount of people who probably still continue to complain but their dead I decided to insert a zombie joke. Zombie sentai's that would be a thing to see. XD And who is to say it is not another person picking up the suit. There is nothing to say it cannot be inherited or passed around.

Fact still remains instead of just enjoying a show, people over analize it. There is not so many holes plot wise as in KR Kiva which you could not help but to notice cause they glared brighter then the sun.

Take away all the dead, or sentai's that are no longer in this universe, how many sentai's would we have left? Wait, how many of our favorites would we have left?

As for loosing the powers and the creation of the keys. Maybe the greatest treasure in the universe is the restoration of Sentai's.
If you read my previous post, I specifically mention the possibility that someone new is using the powers of the Sentai members that died. Besides, it would kind of be unrealistic to expect every Sentai member to still be alive and want to continue fighting despite some of them reaching old age.

If you want to just enjoy a show and not question it fine, but please don't try and berate others if they want to question the events. Saying "It's T.V. so it doesn't have to make sense" isn't a good enough excuse because even a fantasy story operates on some sort of logic. Sure, it's not always the same logic as what we know, but a good story is rarely made on "we can do whatever the hell we want because we're making up the rules".

The scene with all the Sentai is supposed to just be taken at face value, and unfortunately it hides behind that fact. We're not supposed to think about what is actually going on, because OMG ALL THE SENTAI ARE FIGHTING TOGETHER!!!! For someone who grew up with Sentai, the scene is probably awesome enough that you can ignore the glaring plotholes it produces. However, for people who are just starting to get into Sentai they don't have the "nostalgia blindness" to help them through it.

Now the movie could very well come along and answer all of the questions, and that remains to be seen. But please stop telling people they shouldn't be able to voice their opinions and should just follow what you believe. It is starting to get annoying.
DrowningFishy
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Silly Kaijiu. Kicks are for Riders!" - hunter-urufu

Post by DrowningFishy »

Flare Phoenix wrote:
If you want to just enjoy a show and not question it fine, but please don't try and berate others if they want to question the events. Saying "It's T.V. so it doesn't have to make sense" isn't a good enough excuse because even a fantasy story operates on some sort of logic. Sure, it's not always the same logic as what we know, but a good story is rarely made on "we can do whatever the hell we want because we're making up the rules".

Not berating, or belittling you, I am just taking the time to actually hold a conversation with a person. At no point did I feel what you were saying is unrealistic, childish, or other negitive. This is how I write, we all type differntly, and since this is over the internet is not wise to assume that anyone is doing any downlooking. Now if it was in all caps by all means assume to no ends the person should know better.

I appologize, I assumed this forum was good for having a coversations with a person with opposing views. Not always agreeing is a good thing. Now it is 6:25 in the morning and I am almost off of work.

in ending I would like to say on topic Gokaiger is a great series, this episode shows that things might start picking up from now on. Don't know how Marvalous is going to handle having his teammates taken, but I don't think it will be well considering it was an ex buddy who also betrayed him that did it.

Peace.

D.F.
neonkenji21
Infinity
Favorite series: DekaRanger
2nd Favorite Series: MagiRanger
Dreamy: Mele....
My boom: DekaRanger Cosplay!!

Post by neonkenji21 »

I sort of need to say sorry for derailing the topic...

So I'm sorry guys...

Anyway, back on topic...

Watching the episode again, it feels like there has to be another reason or another back story that will lead to someone betraying the other, since they are all pirates after all...

Basco sort of reminded me of a character in that new "Pirates of the Caribbean" movie, when they mentioned that he was a "privateer."

I'd say Basco's reason for doing that thing with AkaRed should be revealed in the next episode, or else, it'll be really disappointing.
methos
7X
Favorite series: KRW
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by methos »

As far as the "dead heroes fighting" thing goes, I think it may be because this is the universe of the VS movies, and in this universe those heroes aren't dead.
Signal and Bull Black are counted as extra heroes. Ninjaman is being totally ignored. Along with X1.
I guess Rio and Mele from Gekiranger are counted as such as well? I noticed them in the clips for the movie and it got me wondering if there are ranger keys for them. I don't recall if they showed up in the opening scene of episode 1.
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

Movie spoiler
Spoiler
Rio and Melee are extras, yes. Including Magi Mother, Wolzard Fire, Master, Swan, Zuuban, and Shinken Kaoru.

I do know they are making a Zuuban key, Shinken Kaoru, and Bull Black key. Not sure for everyone else.
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

DrowningFishy wrote:Fact still remains instead of just enjoying a show, people over analize it. There is not so many holes plot wise as in KR Kiva which you could not help but to notice cause they glared brighter then the sun.
Speaking of which, IXA's emblem is a blasted sun on his "Ganbaride" card that DiEnd uses. Just saying.
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

Silent_X wrote: Also, how did the dead guys fight in the war? Hopefully that's explained eventually.
AkaRed brought them from an A.S. World to fight the greatest threat the world has ever known in this time-line?
prsentai
Imouto Rider Club
Imouto Rider Club

Post by prsentai »

DrowningFishy wrote:Zombies I tell you, it's a logical way for someone to "come back to life" to fight. Only probablem is that there was nothing left after the battle to keep the bodies animated. Sentai should really invest in the T-Virus.
Kyonshi Sentai Shindanger!
Kiva Jyu Fly Ken Tatsulot
friendlyquark
7X
Favorite series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Bruce Banner
Favorite Actor?: Jet Li
Favorite Band: Imogen Heap
My boom: writing
Quote: Ca va, go-busters?

Post by friendlyquark »

I honestly loved this episode. The fight scenes were awesome, especially Doc's 'fall down a hill for the win' move. LOL Basco is a bastard, but he's funny, so I kinda like him.

So, for those of you who have watched previous cross-over episodes, you will recall how many times 'dead' characters from a previous show were 'revived' by magic, science, or whatever. After all, Akared IS the spirit of all the reds, who says he can't 'resurrect' dead Sentai members when it's time to fight.

Plus, I seriously doubt Akared is actually dead, since there is a red ranger (Marvelous) still in existence. As for the 'old' rangers, well, some of them were cyborgs, so that keeps them in fighting trim. LOL The others might have passed their powers on to their kids or grandkids, after all Shinkenger's powers were passed down the generations, so it obviously is possible. Even for the dead ones, there have been previous sentai that handed their powers off to successors at different points, so again you can argue that the power was passed on to someone else.

All speculation aside, the show has done really well by us so far in slowly explaining things to us in a way that doesn't insult our intelligence, so I think we ought to have a little faith in the writers. They have done pretty well by us so far, neh? Though I am really enjoying the discussion! You guys come up with some really interesting ideas!
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

I don't mind that the dead characters are back. I just want a explanation. I would even accept Akared gave iou's to satan/god. Although I think Satan would never agree to bring burai back, if that where the case.
Skyden
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Post by Skyden »

Another Interesting Fact, is that Basco seems to have gone to the same school as DiEnd, since the Sentai Members He brought Back, dont act much like their Series Counterparts, but more like Servants of the Summoner.

Now a Bit Off-Topic(as far as talking about Gokai 15), when The Gokaigers Received the Carranger Great Powers, Nothing Great Happened, but They did touch the Kids, would that Count as a Great Power?(since in the End they might need help of the Earthlings)
Once a person asked me, If I believe in Destiny, my answer was simple
ME: Yeah, I do.
PERSON: So What's Your Destiny?
ME: Dont Know, I havent Written It Yet.
Mokmo
There are five lights!
There are five lights!

Post by Mokmo »

I have a feeling Basco won't be Silver. Just an annoying neutral guy.

Confirmation might be in this spoiler tag
No spoilers from outside sources. Snipped -take
remolay
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Wizard's Costume
Favorite Actor?: Simon Pegg
Favorite Band: Queen
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Babylon 5
Quote: There's a hole in my neighborhood down which of late I cannot help but fall.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by remolay »

I didn't like this episode... It feels padded out to make it a two parter. They totally could have beaten some of the sixth rangers if they did GokaiChange, but they seem to have forgotten that they have the other powers. I feel like they could have made this into one part and had it be good, but this way, it just wasn't very interesting.
Well I guess I'm not a pirate anymore now that img limits exist.

Help I can't help finding every yellow ranger cute
DrowningFishy
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Silly Kaijiu. Kicks are for Riders!" - hunter-urufu

Post by DrowningFishy »

If I am allowed to say anything anymore with someone getting offended; I would like to say I find this episode intriguing. It seems like an even split between people who did not like this episode, and those who liked it. Of course there are a few people are nuetral on whether this episode was good or bad.

Remolay what would you have liked to see it go down? Or better yet, what would have kept this episode more interesting?

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”