Favorite series: Kamen Rider Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Ryuki
Favorite Actor?: Ryuki Takahashi
Favorite Band: Any J-Pop band
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Dragons and stuff

Re: Gokaiger 16 released

Post by poelske1 »

CrimsonJoker wrote:Then why is DekaMaster not considered a sixth? I could get DekaSwan, she only appeared what twice? But by that logic DekaMaster should be the sixth ranger since he came before Deka Break.
But i dont remember him being there so much. Dekabreak was there more and was the official 6th member.
Wachted: KR ryuki, 555, Hibiki, kabuto, kiva, decade, W
SS: Dekaranger, Magiranger, Boukenger, Gekiranger, Go-Onger, Shinkenger,

Watching: KR: Blade, OOO
SS: Gokaiger
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

Oof, I'm so late to the party.

Solid episode. Nice balance of the serious, the humorous, and the action.

I think I said it last episode, but I really enjoy Basco as a villain. His rivalry with Marvelous reminds me of that martial artist who has a rivalry with RyuuRanger in Dairanger. I have a feeling he'll likewise pop up throughout the series. It's nice to have a rival character who (mostly) thinks out his attack plan and enjoys executing the plan. No, it wasn't very smart to lose 15 Ranger Keys, but I loved the moment when he reveals the 10 additional Keys because it shows that he's not out of the game yet. Hey, there's still a chance that this show could go the route of OOO and have Keys change hands a few times. As long as Basco has his trumpet he's a threat.

Cool flashback. That BGM is quickly becoming one of my favorites, right behind that Shinkenger BGM that always played right someone would charge into an awesome fight. I do wonder if AkaRed taught his crew to smirk. I swear Marvelous and Basco have the same facial expression.

Oh, team. It's interesting how comic their subplot was, with two notable exceptions (Luka's attempted mock-defection and Basco's surprisingly brutal kick to Joe's face). I can't think of one of the top of my head, but if there's a team that has a monkey power, I can see them making Doc try to speak monkey again. His expressions were hilarious. The escape-through-the-grate was very well done. I like the Basco doodle that was put on the grate cover after they were re-captured. It was a nice set detail, and very in-character to boot.

(I'm glad I wasn't the only one who wondered what the deal was with everyone slamming their heads into the wall when something went wrong. Guess it's a team habit.)

No need to rehash it, but I'm sure Doc, with Joe’s assist, will probably be one of the most memorable Gokai Changes in the series. Come to think of it, Joe's collected quite a few memorable moments. On a minor related note, Ahim’s lucky she didn’t break a tooth when biting Sally.

Kudos to Navi with the Keys save.

I liked how they handled the second round of the sentai vs. sentai battle. Having two-on-one wasn't going much better than last episode apart from being more well rested, but the big difference was that they made it more a two-on-two battle (and for Marvelous, using his opponent’s attacks against each other) to bring the odds back to their favor. A little strategy can go a long way when you're outgunned.

Speaking of guns, nice new version of the Final Wave. It's pretty much Marvelous' version, but it's cool to see all five of them do it in a row.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

Subject: Gokaiger 16 released
Kamen Rider Ookalf wrote:
toni2212 wrote:! thing still bugs me...

Why did AbareKiller is counted as 6th member instead of 5th member?
I know he came after AbareBlack, but, isn't his situation is the same as GekiChopper?

Both joined the team after the 4th member joined, both has their own Giant Beast, except AbareKiller dies and GekiChopper is alive.

So, what makes AbareKiller as a 6th member but GekiChopper didn't?
vice versa, how come GekiChopper is counted as 5th member but AbareKiller not?
I think it has something to do with the circumstances in which they joined, or so I've heard it said. As I recall, Chopper was supposed to be part of the team from the very beginning, but Ken decided he had better things to do than save the world and ran off to do his own thing. When he finally showed up, he was quickly accepted as a member of the Gekirangers.

Contrast Abare Killer, who spent most of his series as a villain, only became a good guy late in the game, and, as you said, died shortly after. It's hardly surprising he'd be considered something of an outsider to the team.
Well, that technically put off my dream of seeing AbareKiller female version (that if AbareKiller Key is used by Ahim, assuming he was chosen as 5th member). No ero dream whatsoever, its just, we had a female Red (in Kaoru's ShinkenRed), but we didn't have a female suit version for a member with armor.

And by member with armor, i mean DragonRanger, KingRanger, Shurikenger....you got the idea. We haven't seen those suit in female version yet, are we?
PFire
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by PFire »

zeta_gundam wrote:
takenoko wrote: And when does Female ShinkenRed get her own key?! I mean, we saw how Luka and Ahim transform into past Reds with a normal Red key, and they get a skirt addition, so why the special treatment for F-ShinkenRed?

And I see Mele and DekaSwan in the left hand. That's the only two I can recognise, since we only see the back of the keys. Those two are more distinguishable.
my Speculation of why there is a special key for female ShinkenRed is because there were 2 ShinkenReds that fought in the legendary great battle and they both sacrificed their powers to defeat the zangyack in the first invasion I think that's why Basco had Kaoru's Ranger Key while Marvelous had Takeru's
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

You know I would love to see a a episode or a special were they explain what Akared was doing all this this time and where he got the Gokai Galleon. Basco is certainly living up to the spicy part of his name, looks like he'll be a real threat to the team. So no explanation as of yet as to why Akared never informed Marvelous or Basco of the extra Ranger Keys, prehaps he knew if he somehow lost the ones the collected of the main teams he'd have a back up. Nice seeing the team work together to overcome the odds and gain new Ranger Keys.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”