Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Gokaiger 16 released

Post by takenoko »

"Huh?" at Marvelous opening a crate of gold coins and stuff and being super disappointed by it. I guess it's to signify that Marvelous isn't an ordinary pirate who's only interested in stuff other people think is precious, but it's pretty funny to get that reaction, then couple it with him getting giddy at finding a children's figure.

And how funny is it that Marvelous looks at a figure of AkaRanger and asks AkaRed if it''s of him?

Marvelous versus AkaRed fight: Nice!
Is that the MagiRanger background music I hear when GokaiGalleon first appears?

Nice Final Wave this time. I'm glad they overcame the tougher enemies by helping each other out. If they just got out of this situation by doing their usual weapon swapping, that would have been less satisfying.

That was a nice moment between Marvelous and his crew.

Too bad we don't get to see them use their new keys.

I think I recognize all the keys in Basco's right hand at the end, but I wonder about the left hand. It's kind of cool that the keys aren't limited to just rangers.

I guess this week's "monster of the week" name is based on "water". Huh, liquid droid Wateru. I guess the writers figured it was a throwaway character so they didn't try so hard with this one.

Huh, that preview
Spoiler
So a sixth ranger just appears out of nowhere? I hope his origin story is more interesting than that
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Re: Gokaiger 16 released

Post by Arigomi »

-Normally I don't find the reds for Super Sentai very interesting but the writers have done an excellent job developing Marvelous.
-The scene inside the air duct was great. It's nice to see the team doing things you haven't seen before in Super Sentai.
-The grappling hook Green used reminded me that Yellow often twirls two of the swords on some kind of rope to attack. I guess Yellow attaches the swords to the same type of grappling hook.
-The fight where MagiShine's bullets were circling around the combatants were a nice touch.
-Now we know why Basco keeps Sally around.
-Since Wateru was dodging Gokai-Ou's intial attacks, I thought they would use Magi Gokai-Ou to bind it in place. Sadly, Shinken Gokai-Ou was once again used because Magi Gokai-Ou was already used last episode.

My thoughts on that preview:
Spoiler
I'm just glad that it puts an end to any speculation about Basco being the 6th ranger.... at least for now. I feel much better that he is a villain instead of someone who will have a change of heart and join the good guys.

As for the new guy, it makes sense in a weird kind of logic. In a series that caters to the fans, having a fanboy character become part of the team is genius.
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

takenoko wrote:I think I recognize all the keys in Basco's right hand at the end, but I wonder about the left hand. It's kind of cool that the keys aren't limited to just rangers.
So... Ranger Keys that isn't limited to Rangers? What are those called? Special Keys? Hero Keys? And when does Female ShinkenRed get her own key?! I mean, we saw how Luka and Ahim transform into past Reds with a normal Red key, and they get a skirt addition, so why the special treatment for F-ShinkenRed?

And I see Mele and DekaSwan in the left hand. That's the only two I can recognise, since we only see the back of the keys. Those two are more distinguishable.

Preview:
Spoiler
Wait, so Silver is a random dude? That doesn't seem as cool. Hopefully he has a good backstory.

Also, is that AbareKiller and MegaSilver with a skirt I see!?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Put your ranger key in my mobirates~
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

It's not that weird because ShinkenRed Takeru and ShinkenRed Kaoru are two different characters. They're not the same ShinkenRed, after all.
Kamen Rider Ookalf
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies

Post by Kamen Rider Ookalf »

zeta_gundam wrote:And I see Mele and DekaSwan in the left hand. That's the only two I can recognise, since we only see the back of the keys. Those two are more distinguishable.
Looks to me like he has Zubaan in his left hand too. I can't quite make out the others, but I'll bet the black one's Rio, since he has Mele right there... The white one might be Magi Mother, just since I can't think of any other white heroes who were really prominent.
TG23
Gabu
Dreamy: Hell Wolf-kun
My boom: Killing You Guys

Post by TG23 »

I just realized that the final wave sword/gun combo make little anchor flukes (the curve or bottom of the anchor). Or at least that's what they look like to me. It'll be interesting if they use the new keys or a sixth ranger will. Also, now that they have the Dragon Ranger for Zyuranger and most likely his Dagger Flute thingy; think we might get the Dragon... (what is that thing called anyways? I'm just gonna call it the dragonzord) Dragonzord as an add on? That be awesome. And Navi was great once again. Just the little things they make her do get the most laughs out of me. Although this little thing was pretty important this time around.

Preview:

Spoiler
Oh thank god Basco isn't the sixth ranger.
OMAETACHI, KOROCHU!
markoclix
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger

Post by markoclix »

Is Navi a he or a she? i think I remember reading he back when they did the "Where's Navi?" episode but I could be wrong. The episode was really cool. I'm really digging the character development of Marvelous. Hopefully they will continue to flush out back story as they go along. (For example with Lucca and Doc. I'm pretty satisfied with the other character back stories but I don't feel like they've been given great detail yet.) Really wish we could have gotten a better look at which keys were in Basco's hands. Now I'm super curious. Also, I thought the whole white and gold motif for the battle was pretty awesome. It would have been kinda funny if Aihm had changed into the white kakuranger to blend in. But that probably would have taken away from the Gokaigers triumphing without the use of a GokaiChange. After watching the preview, next week should be fun!!!
Flare Phoenix
7X

Post by Flare Phoenix »

Ehh a little disappointing in my opinion. The episode itself wasn't bad, especially Marvelous' line about pirates taking whatever they want. However, the battle had the same problem as episode twelve in my opinion: the Gokaigers beat the puppet rangers just a little too easily.

Still, it's nice to see Basco's going to be sticking around for a while. By the way, if anyone is interested the list of keys is:

■Signalman
■Black Knight Hyuuga
■DekaMaster
■DekaSwan
■MagiMother
■Wolzard Fire
■DaiKenjin Zubaan
■Rio
■Mele
■Hime ShinkenRed

Can't wait for the next episode.
Lyra
Go Go!
Favorite series: OOO, Bouken, Go-bus
2nd Favorite Series: Gao, Geki, Gokai
Dreamy: Marvelous, Long
Favorite Actor?: Kamikawa Takaya
Favorite Band: JAM Project
My boom: Ikemen
Quote: ''Those who dream are human. Those who chase their dreams are Adventurers.''
- Akashi Satoru

Post by Lyra »

I absolutely loved every part of this episode!! :D
the meeting between Marvelous and AkaRed was even better than I thought it would be! (They even thought about a different/shorter haircut xD) And Marvelous' character development really goes well. Compared to the first episode, he seems more like a Pirate/Captain now than he has ever been! I'm still curious about Doc's past, to keep us waiting so long... it better be good! :D
some other things about the episode;
- Doc 'communicating' with Sally was so like him xD when all hope seems lost.... Call for the monkey!! :lol:
- Crawling through the airshaft was fun to see, I don't recal seeing other Sentai do such things. Good to see the Gokaiger standing out from the crowd. :)
- Hiding Mobirates in the treasure chest was brilliant! And Joe's/Doc's henshin was quite funny xD And I have a feeling that scene was like a treasure itself to all the Doc/Joe shippers out there (that doens't include me though xD)
- Navi becomes more and more useful to our Pirates
- Marvelous' little 'Thank you' nearly melted my heart! :oops: that was B-E-A-UTIFUL!!!

Preview time!!
Spoiler
I like Gai allready!!! :) But he reminds me of someone... let me see... :?
- Sixth Rager (thank GOD it's not that Basco-Bastard!!)
- Appearing out of nowhere
- Obsessed about something
- one, big bunch of energy....

GENTA!!! :lol:

that wasn't funny, huh? xD well, I enjoyed it x')

Can't wait till next episode and thank you for releasing it on my only day off this entire week! :D
Last edited by Lyra on Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Biogirl
Go Go!
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider...Kabuto
Favorite Actor?: Yamamoto Yusuke
Favorite Band: Funky Monkey Babys
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Otoko nara darekano tameni tsuyoku nare. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h5OlXS8IzI

Post by Biogirl »

Basco's accent makes me want to bitch-slap him just to see if he cries.
Tokusatsu kotatsu party!
Gokaifan
Go Go!
Favorite series: gokaiger
Dreamy: Doc
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Japan
Quote: Never go to bed angry, stay awake and plot your revenge.

I fight evil wherever it may be... except in dark, scary places.

Post by Gokaifan »

That monster Basco summned was a waterdroid, bt to me it seemed like it was using electricity...
Doc imitating Sally was weird, but I liked it since it fits his character.
The airshaft was quite hilarious
Doc/Joe hensin... That shot might lead to many fanfictions and fangirls
Basco is only in this series since the previous episode, but I hate him already. That means he's a great villain.
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

How could Joe turn his legs towards the exit in the ventilation? And doc you had the best view, even though you got kicked in the face.

So is hitting the head when angry a trend among the Gokaigers?

Mabe's plan was good, but they could've made the henshin scene with the girls or with a boy and a girl... Damn you fujoshi baits. At least Doc went straight to the girls when he was free. And forgot Joe XD

I was expecting more of Akared's encounter with Mabe. But I guess it's okay.

Fights were good again, but I didn't like how they won without doing something they didn't do in the first fight.

And shouldn't they have 15 keys? 5 that Basco gave to mabe and the 10 they took? At least Basco isn't out of the game yet. And nice to see that Sally can store kaijin.

Preview
Spoiler
Silver? I was really expecting basco to be the sixth... Maybe he'll be the seventh? It would be strange for him to keep being a villain. He'll probably learn to trust people and stuff.

Not too crazy about Silver's design and his personality seems to be a bit lame. I think Basco with his carefree and playful personality would be a better addition to the crew. Let's see how it turns out. Maybe silver gets the sixth keys and basco gets the robots like zuban.
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

Not a bad episode. A little more back-story about Marvelous... speaking of back-stories, they still haven't done one about Doc yet.

Marvelous' line about being a pirate means taking whatever you like was pretty good. Put that in your pipe and blow, Basco!

Next Episode:

Spoiler
In addition to me smiling to the rest of the episode, they pull Silver out of the woodworks. I will agree that Gai reminds me a lot of Genta when he first appeared. And I somewhat called it when I said the 6th pirate would be from Earth. Oh well, looks like a good time to be had.
Silent_X
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Silent_X »

It'd be hilarious if every time Basco lost keys he'd just show up in the end with more.
Till eventually all he had was keys of the non-transforming kid sidekick characters.

Although I do like the selection he had this time. Even though I think Zuban is pushing it.
(If he gets a key then what about Datas and Daigoyou?)

Slightly unrelated to the episode, but last night I had a dream that I had a Transformers toy of Basco's ship.
I didn't remember it till I started watching the episode.
I may be lying
Disclaimer: I do not endorse HeadOn; it is barely anything more than a stick of wax. I am simply using it as a Transformers joke.

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”