Gokaiger 16 released

I claim this bounty in the name of #TV-Nihon! Arrr
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Goseiger | Gokaiger | AkibaRanger >
PaiZuri4lyf
Adventure
Quote: I 1st made an account JUST to ask about the GoKaiger/Go-Onger/Goseiger movie June 11th 2k11

Re: Gokaiger 16 released

Post by PaiZuri4lyf »

Most people guessed what Basco had in HIS right hand but in the left I could only see with a 90% chance that it was Mele from GekiRangers. The main Female Villain.
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

You can clearly see Dekaswan's Key. No one else has those big ears with a white helmet.
PaiZuri4lyf
Adventure
Quote: I 1st made an account JUST to ask about the GoKaiger/Go-Onger/Goseiger movie June 11th 2k11

Post by PaiZuri4lyf »

archer9234 wrote:You can clearly see Dekaswan's Key. No one else has those big ears with a white helmet.
Imagine if, BIG IF they had some American only Ranger Costumes like the Orange SPD ranger or some of the battleizers or The White Ranger or the GekiRanger Red in Kid Form.

This is the last season right? It damn sure seems like it! lol

If it's not this seems like THE MOST Xpensive season of Super Sentai EVER!!! and ever will be!!!
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

What could possibly make you think this is the last season?

Bottom line, if it's still making money, it's still being aired.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

KR_cRAYzy wrote: I know a lot of people love Doc, but I'll put myself out on a limb and strap on a helmet. I hate him. He's so annoying. Kind of like the Sentai incarnate of Akiko (Kamen Rider W) for me... If I compared him to other Sentais he's just as annoying as Hanto. Whiny and just redundant.
You'll have to get used to it. These days, green rangers represent youth, in the color-coded personality matrix for Super Sentai. That's what Hanto, Chiaki and Doc have in common. They are serve as a counterpoint to the seasoned veterans of the teams. Little kids also tend to identify more with characters that still retain some childhood innocence. One of the byproducts of this trend is the use of very distinctive body language by the green suit actors.

I only find characters annoying if their actions don't make any sense with their personalities.
PaiZuri4lyf
Adventure

Post by PaiZuri4lyf »

Lunagel wrote:What could possibly make you think this is the last season?

The reasons I gave.
Kamen Rider Ookalf
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies

Post by Kamen Rider Ookalf »

PaiZuri4lyf wrote:The reasons I gave.
Kamen Rider Decade did pretty much the same thing, and we still got Double and OOO. There's literally nothing to indicate this as the end of Super Sentai except some fanboys saying "OMG so kool an Xpensive!!!1"
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

I did hear one rumor that went like "Oh, Gokaiger will be 70 episodes long and then Sentai will take a break!" but, I think that's just a load of crap. >>
atilim
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Post by atilim »

PaiZuri4lyf wrote:
Lunagel wrote:What could possibly make you think this is the last season?

The reasons I gave.
I honestly doubt that the gokaiger budget is that much higher then the any other sentai show, maybe a bit more but not to such a degree that it would make a huge difference to the show.

The whole Sentai show makes it's money from selling toys, what would be the point in a higher budget if you can't make it up with the merchandise. And I honestly doubt that people are buying allot more gokaiger toys compared to the previous sentai shows.
JumperPrime
Kamen Rider Club
Kamen Rider Club
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Wakana
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Bulletstorm
Quote: Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

Post by JumperPrime »

atilim wrote:
I honestly doubt that the gokaiger budget is that much higher then the any other sentai show, maybe a bit more but not to such a degree that it would make a huge difference to the show.

The whole Sentai show makes it's money from selling toys, what would be the point in a higher budget if you can't make it up with the merchandise. And I honestly doubt that people are buying allot more gokaiger toys compared to the previous sentai shows.
I disagree. Gokaiger's costume budget has to be through the roof what with all the suits of previous Super Sentai they need. Sure, they probably had the more recent ones in storage, but they probably had to duplicate the suits for a lot of the earlier Sentai going back decades due to damage, theft, donated to museums, sold at auction, etc. And then there's the gender-flipped suits on top of that, which most assuredly had to be made from scratch
DrowningFishy
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Silly Kaijiu. Kicks are for Riders!" - hunter-urufu

Post by DrowningFishy »

JumperPrime wrote:
atilim wrote:

I disagree. Gokaiger's costume budget has to be through the roof what with all the suits of previous Super Sentai they need. Sure, they probably had the more recent ones in storage, but they probably had to duplicate the suits for a lot of the earlier Sentai going back decades due to damage, theft, donated to museums, sold at auction, etc. And then there's the gender-flipped suits on top of that, which most assuredly had to be made from scratch

How hard is adding a skirt, it's not like any of the woman had tits in costume anyways so that won't make a differnce. That and suit actors are mainly male anyways so it's not like there's an over abundance of females having an issue there. Did you notice how the fodder are dressed this time, XD they defently saved some money on that end. There just putitng more bang into a show they probably know everyone fears turning out like Decade (comely AU with annoyed fans). Certian like has been said before, they have plenty of budget.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

! thing still bugs me...

Why did AbareKiller is counted as 6th member instead of 5th member?
I know he came after AbareBlack, but, isn't his situation is the same as GekiChopper?

Both joined the team after the 4th member joined, both has their own Giant Beast, except AbareKiller dies and GekiChopper is alive.

So, what makes AbareKiller as a 6th member but GekiChopper didn't?
vice versa, how come GekiChopper is counted as 5th member but AbareKiller not?
Kamen Rider Ookalf
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies

Post by Kamen Rider Ookalf »

toni2212 wrote:! thing still bugs me...

Why did AbareKiller is counted as 6th member instead of 5th member?
I know he came after AbareBlack, but, isn't his situation is the same as GekiChopper?

Both joined the team after the 4th member joined, both has their own Giant Beast, except AbareKiller dies and GekiChopper is alive.

So, what makes AbareKiller as a 6th member but GekiChopper didn't?
vice versa, how come GekiChopper is counted as 5th member but AbareKiller not?
I think it has something to do with the circumstances in which they joined, or so I've heard it said. As I recall, Chopper was supposed to be part of the team from the very beginning, but Ken decided he had better things to do than save the world and ran off to do his own thing. When he finally showed up, he was quickly accepted as a member of the Gekirangers.

Contrast Abare Killer, who spent most of his series as a villain, only became a good guy late in the game, and, as you said, died shortly after. It's hardly surprising he'd be considered something of an outsider to the team.
markoclix
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger

Post by markoclix »

It also doesn't hurt that GekiRanger had Rio and Mele to fill the "Extra/Other heroes" category when necessary. If you look at it from that angle they were the last to join the Gekiranger's fight and AbareKiller was the last to join the abarangers fight...
CrimsonJoker
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Decade
Dreamy: Natsumikan
Favorite Actor?: David Tennant
Favorite Band: Gackt
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Doctor Who

Post by CrimsonJoker »

Then why is DekaMaster not considered a sixth? I could get DekaSwan, she only appeared what twice? But by that logic DekaMaster should be the sixth ranger since he came before Deka Break.
Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”