Wiki Link

< Goseiger | Gokaiger | AkibaRanger >
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Re: Gokaiger 17 released

Post by m4rc0 »

So Gosei power is a finisher. I guess Goseiger won't get an arc since they were in the movie. That's good. More time for older series.

Ah, so they corrected it and said they got 15 keys from basco. They already had Abarekiller. It wasn't new.

Zangyack had a nice plan. A pity their kaijin tend to screw up. Nice movie by Dragon Doc. The kaijin was cool and Gil's plan was what I would expect of the enemy commander.

Gai has good instincts. And though I didn't like Silver's bandana-like helmet, the spear was very cool. looking forward to see gun mode's finisher. Also, his moves with the spear were very cool.

Though as predicted, I didn't like Gai very much. He seems too over the top. Kinda reminds me of ShinkenGold. I hope the writers tone him down. If they do, his good guy personality is a good addition to the Gokaigers. I never tought I would be complaining about this, but he has a terrible fashion sense.

They left all explanations about silver to the next ep. looking forward to it.

next ep
Spoiler
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Fanboy 6th that should be related to Genta. Yes.
Preview
Spoiler
Definitly Mikoto. Fuck Yes.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

Finally, there's an additional member female version with AbareKiller. Although kinda weird, but this is 1 of the attraction of Gokaiger. Breaking the tradition.

BTW, is it allowed to form GokaiOh just to make searching easier?
Last edited by toni2212 on Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
DrowningFishy
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Silly Kaijiu. Kicks are for Riders!" - hunter-urufu

Post by DrowningFishy »

Is it bad that halfway threw the ep I started humming it's "it's okay to be gay", or let me say this about the silver ranger, I doubt anyone will be shipping any girls with him. Though he did create a fun game of trying to find one person to find a reason why he isn't. I agree he's just like Genta's brother, dear lordy they had another one. Wonder what their parents fed them to get them that way.

I laughed at his ideal image of the Gokaiger's and how he left out poor Don. I was disturbed by the giggle he does at the end that cements my idea he will never be shipped wtih a girl.

Hey I am not dissin' silver, look how he got everyone to stop at once.
PFire
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger

Post by PFire »

Think about it guys

Ikari GAI....that's one letter away from GAY and when I saw the part after he henshined where he was poking his cheek with a pink background I was laughing really hard also, his facial features looked kinda feminine at the very end when he told them not to all ask him questions at once

but if he is a gay sentai member, that's awesome because I myself am gay and have never seen a gay sentai member before. I mean if Sailor Moon (anime version) can have gay villians and lesbian Sailor Soldiers, (and 3 soldiers that change gender when they transform) then why can't Super Sentai have any Gay heros
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

PFire wrote:Think about it guys

Ikari GAI....that's one letter away from GAY and when I saw the part after he henshined where he was poking his cheek with a pink background I was laughing really hard also,
Uh.. how about his whole roll call is a possible reference to Susume GoRanger:
makka na taiyou kamen ni ukete
negai wa hitotsu aoi sora
kiiroi sajin uzumaku machi ni
PINK no hoho no gonin no senshi
fukase midori no ashita no kaze o
(Go! Go-Go!!)
The Red Sun, take up the helmet
There is but one wish: A Blue Sky
A Yellow Dust Storm swirls into town
Five soldiers with Pink Cheeks
The winds of tomorrow blow through the Greenery
(Go! Go-Go!!)
Nothing to do with him being gay.
PFire wrote:(and 3 soldiers that change gender when they transform)
Only in the anime, dude. :P
DrowningFishy
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
Quote: "Silly Kaijiu. Kicks are for Riders!" - hunter-urufu

Post by DrowningFishy »

@PFire Probably would never happen, imagine all the fangirl/boys that would die of spontanius nose bleeds. XD How about that glitter he tosses about.

I forgot to mention, I do not want to see Marvelous or Blue act like they did in Silvers imagination ever agian. That was just wrong-so horribly wrong.
NeoStorm

Post by NeoStorm »

I'll have to say, nice idea with the sentai fanboy actually becoming a Sentai Team member. Though he is very weird, more so than Genta haha. Either way, can't wait to see more of him in action.
Flare Phoenix
7X

Post by Flare Phoenix »

m4rc0 wrote:
Ah, so they corrected it and said they got 15 keys from basco. They already had Abarekiller. It wasn't new.
No, they got AbareKiller from Basco. Basco only used 15 keys, and AbareKiller was one of them.

1. DragonRanger
2. KibaRanger
3. KingRanger
4. MegaSilver
5. TimeFire
6. GaoSilver
7. Shurikenger
8. AbareKiller
9. DekaBreak
10. MagiShine
11. BoukenSilver
12. Go-On Gold
13. Go-On Silver
14. ShinkenGold
15. GoseiKnight
Silent_X
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Silent_X »

Oh man, I'm loving this Gai.
He's the embodiment of the other end of the spectrum of Sentai tropes that the Gokaigers themselves are ignoring.
The best part for me is that while they have a really short and simple roll call(a style I don't prefer); Gai has a really long one that ends with an explosion of silver.

It is also kind of weird because it is normally the sixth members that are all "serious face". At least at first.(With some obvious exceptions of course)
Flare Phoenix wrote:
m4rc0 wrote:
No, they got AbareKiller from Basco. Basco only used 15 keys, and AbareKiller was one of them.
Flare Phoenix may be thinking of GekiChopper, or maybe AbareBlack.

edit: Sorry, I meant m4rc0.
I may be lying
Disclaimer: I do not endorse HeadOn; it is barely anything more than a stick of wax. I am simply using it as a Transformers joke.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

DrowningFishy wrote:@PFire Probably would never happen, imagine all the fangirl/boys that would die of spontanius nose bleeds. XD How about that glitter he tosses about.

I forgot to mention, I do not want to see Marvelous or Blue act like they did in Silvers imagination ever agian. That was just wrong-so horribly wrong.
No, I don't want to see that ever. The exception is Ahim, which is kinda good. Oh wait, Ahim's always like that. Sweet Ahim.. :D

Spoiler
3? does that mean Gai already have Timeranger, Abaranger and Zyuranger's Grand Power??? No way!!! That's the Sentai team which I'm looking forward to their tribute episode.......having grown up as PR fans.
The Sentai Ranger
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Shinken Go-On
2nd Favorite Series: Deka Magi Geki
Dreamy: Natsuki Mamiya
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: your face! *zing*
Quote: "My drill shall pierce the heavens!"

Post by The Sentai Ranger »

Man that GokaiSilver! What a cool "Gai" he is! :lol:
Anyway, this episode was just great. The introduction of a sixth member with a personality that just clashes with the rest of the group is awesome. We've seen it before in Shinkenger, but I think we need more happy-go-lucky sixth member's to even out the team! He even had a long winded introduction other than just the member name! (Great colour references too)

Comparing him to Genta though, Gai is like even wackier if that's possible, and has a poorer sense of clothing choice. I guess a crazed fanboy doesn't think twice about those kinds of things.

Preview:
Spoiler
Hmm, how does DragonRanger, TimeFire, and AbareKiller connect to GokaiSilver? And 3 powers? Guess they wanna get moving with that "greatest treasure in the universe" finding lol.
35 Years of Colorful justice!
friendlyquark
7X
Favorite series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Bruce Banner
Favorite Actor?: Jet Li
Favorite Band: Imogen Heap
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: writing
Quote: Ca va, go-busters?

Post by friendlyquark »

When I wasn't laughing I was a bit appalled. Dear God, never let Joe smile like that again, ever. The horror! Poor Don, he's always the forgotten ranger. LOL

Gai/Genta, whatever we call him, is someone I will have to see more of before I decide if I hate him or not. He's sweet, which mitigates his goofiness, but Don already had goofy covered, so we'll see.
Gokaifan
Go Go!
Favorite series: gokaiger
Dreamy: Doc
My boom: Japan
Quote: Never go to bed angry, stay awake and plot your revenge.

I fight evil wherever it may be... except in dark, scary places.

Post by Gokaifan »

I really liked the episode. REally had a OMG moment with the rolecall in Gai's imagination. And the Gokaigers made me feel like they could see it, looking at how they responded. And Gai forgetting Doc in his imaginary rolecall (and Doc's reaction of being forgotten)

Also, about the question when the movi takes place: I read somewhere that it takes place betwee episode 16 and 17
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

Flare Phoenix wrote:
m4rc0 wrote:

Flare Phoenix may be thinking of GekiChopper, or maybe AbareBlack.

edit: Sorry, I meant m4rc0.

But the gokaigers have those two already.

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”