triple_lei
Adventure
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Goseiger
Dreamy: BoukenPink
My boom: Persona series

Re: Gokaiger 17 released

Post by triple_lei »

ShadowX7 wrote: Also Damarasu (I think that's his name), seems to disagree with Waruzu Giru treatment of the Action Commander, possible betrayal in the future?
That's the feeling I get too, but when Damarasu sends three Sugoumin just to basically get killed to let Basco know of grand powers, I don't think he's one to talk... :mrgreen:
chickdigger802
7X

Post by chickdigger802 »

Only thing I'm pissed about is that his trident randomly appears back in his hand after his final wave =/

It would be cool if it flew back into his hands somehow. Seems to be poor directing...
Forever Blue
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by Forever Blue »

dancercotillion wrote:Don: wears plaid; cooks sausages, gropes himself
Haha, that made me laugh so hard.

So, here is my basic break down of GokaiSilver/Gai.

Approval Rating:
GokaiSilver- 90%
Gai- 30%

Almost every bit of Gai annoyed me to the point of dislike until he transformed. Once there, he was toned down and became great. They need to pull back on his personality some, because he's like a Genta huffing paint thinner. It gets to a point where you just want him to go away...

My biggest problem with him is the fact that he is indeed, too much like Genta. In Shinkenger, the mood was mostly serious, so Genta was very out there and somewhat fit well. Although he was my least favorite. But with Gokaiger, so far it has been a beautiful mixture of light-hearted, humorous, and serious tones in each episode. Luka, Don, and Ahim are great for the relief.

I just don't find Gai's personality needed. I would have much rather have a semi-serious sixth ranger who just did a lot of old Sentai references/throwbacks/puns, and probably broke the 4th wall constantly.

Best part of the episode was the re-intro. I almost fell to the floor on that one.
Therm_Kitty
Gabu
Dreamy: Shotaro!
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Therm_Kitty »

I love Gai. He reminds me of every excruciatingly annoying yet lovable fan of Super Sentai I've ever met. He's a good mirror. Not a personality I honestly like, but one I can embrace for 20 minutes a week.

GokaiSilver just exudes cool. The bandanna/shades work well on him and I'm interested in his powers. specially the buttons on his Mobirates + Corrector's Edition or whatever it is.

Spoiler
He has his own mecha? From the sixths, I'm assuming that it's their 3 grand Powers combined. Excellent!
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

chickdigger802 wrote:Only thing I'm pissed about is that his trident randomly appears back in his hand after his final wave =/

It would be cool if it flew back into his hands somehow. Seems to be poor directing...
There have been countless times where things pop back in their hands. This better not become another Joe sword complaint...
gh0stwrit3r
Kamen Knight
My boom: Grounded

Post by gh0stwrit3r »

I like how Gai's poses are a mishmash of various toku poses. I recognize Ryuuranger's and Gavan's right away.
Dalesworth
I am not a number. I am an individual!
I am not a number. I am an individual!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Dairanger
My boom: Ultimate X

Post by Dalesworth »

dancercotillion wrote:
Dalesworth wrote:Why wouldn't you want Don to have a backstory? I think he could potentially by the most interesting of the main group.
Because a bunch of people have it up their asses that his utter lack of one to this point means it's got to be really awesome and satisfying for them to delay it so long.

Marvelous: hand-recruited by AkaRed to gather the Ranger Keys and obtain the ultimate treasure; the apogee of confidence
Joe: former Zangyack special forces who bailed due to moral conflicts; knows the enemy
Yuka: avarice-obsessed thief; rolls natural 20s, has special rule Favoured Enemy: Goumin
Ahim: last survivor of her entire world; keeps the crew civilized
Don: wears plaid; cooks sausages, gropes himself

I don't think he needs anything more than that. He's certainly not some secret badass. He's Don.
Yeah, I guess I see what you're saying. Personally, I don't think he's some secret badass. I just think some insight on his past would be interesting.
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

Newcomer to forums but following tv-nihon since ummm I think around when boukenger was subbed by them.

Did anyone notice about Gai's transformation doesn't have 3 X and one V (which was roman of 35) but has anchor, one X and one V (roman of 15) Odd enough his phone has 15 buttons?

For most part this episode was so-so until Gai transformed and unlike first impression (and unlike Genta) Gai seems very observative of situation and have good instincts.

Genta was an amazing ranger because he trained hard and manage to create a virtual mojikara while Gai (at least what I get as a first impression in this episode) became an amazing ranger with vast knowledge about super sentai and instincts.
PaiZuri4lyf
Adventure
Quote: I 1st made an account JUST to ask about the GoKaiger/Go-Onger/Goseiger movie June 11th 2k11

Post by PaiZuri4lyf »

Greenstalker wrote:Newcomer to forums but following tv-nihon since ummm I think around when boukenger was subbed by them.

Did anyone notice about Gai's transformation doesn't have 3 X and one V (which was roman of 35) but has anchor, one X and one V (roman of 15) Odd enough his phone has 15 buttons?

For most part this episode was so-so until Gai transformed and unlike first impression (and unlike Genta) Gai seems very observative of situation and have good instincts.

Genta was an amazing ranger because he trained hard and manage to create a virtual mojikara while Gai (at least what I get as a first impression in this episode) became an amazing ranger with vast knowledge about super sentai and instincts.
um no...most of us dont watch episodes frame by frame. But we all did "get" the roman numeral reference. I wonder if the Japanese people do.
PaiZuri4lyf
Adventure
Quote: I 1st made an account JUST to ask about the GoKaiger/Go-Onger/Goseiger movie June 11th 2k11

Post by PaiZuri4lyf »

Like some here, I found it odd that after the great story-telling thus far,they just had some randome guy from literally out-of-nowhere want to join the crew.

They were kicking ass by themselves just fine then some guy comes out of nowhere ans has the exact same power as them. Just to sell more merchandise I supposed. But a little teasing would be good.

When I think of a good way of introducing new people I think MMPR, Zeo, and Ninja Storm.

His personality is WAY, WAY over the top but his fighting is cool and BOTH of those things appeal to Japanese kids more than build up. So there you go!
tru_harmony
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa

Post by tru_harmony »

GokaiSilver's moves remind me of Billy Kan from King of Fighters

Incidentally... (?) both of them also sport bandanas
PaiZuri4lyf
Adventure

Post by PaiZuri4lyf »

Been watching Sentai since the 90s. And Sentai Member's die rarely. I hope Ikari dies. He dissed Green in his imagination and is the 2nd goofball when Doc was more than enough. Silver can stay. Ikari can get sent on a vacation or something!
Nova
7X
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Nova »

Awesome episode!

But what was that about having the Goseiger grand power and having a total of 11 grand powers?! Is that something that happens in the movie or something? So the movie fits between ep 16 and 17?

I like Gokai Silver, his personality is really fun (although he reminds me a lot of Shinken Gold). And his transformation looks great, that spear is really bad-ass. Luckily it is a real person again as the sixth member and his design fits great with the rest, Gosei Knight was really disappointing.

Only I found it a little strange that the team accidentally encountered the Zangyack, couldn't the writers come up with something better?
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

PaiZuri4lyf wrote:Been watching Sentai since the 90s. And Sentai Member's die rarely. I hope Ikari dies. He dissed Green in his imagination and is the 2nd goofball when Doc was more than enough. Silver can stay. Ikari can get sent on a vacation or something!
"Been watching Sentai since the 90s. And Sentai Member's die rarely. I hope Genta dies. He dissed Blue on their first mission together and is the 2nd goofball when Ryuu was more than enough. Gold can stay. Genta can get sent on a vacation or something!"

See how dumb that sounds, lol.
AeonRanger
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Chou Sei Shin
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Actor?: Inuoe Masahrio
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: HENSHIN

Post by AeonRanger »

hmm Gokai Silver - Bouken Silver the similarities are striking Bouken Spear - Gokai Spear. The new hero is pretty cool i like his suit. Hold on where did they get the goseiger power i hate it when they bring the movie into the series when we can't see it. and now also they suddenly have 11 grand powers when before they only had 5? where did the other 5. exluding goseiger, come from?
Tensou - Let me count the number of your crimes

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”