triple_lei
Adventure
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Goseiger
Dreamy: BoukenPink
My boom: Persona series

Re: Gokaiger 18 released

Post by triple_lei »

A fine episode and all, but my favorite part was when Gai groped hugged Ahim... :oops:

Come on, animated gif artists, where are you??
Hears All
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Miu!!!
Favorite Actor?: Yumi Sugimoto
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider

Post by Hears All »

My first thought when Gai was explaining how he got his GokaiSilver powers was "Holy crap, Gai got his powers the same way the guy from Yu Yu Hakusho did"

Overall, great episode. I love Gokaiger, I usually don't like comedic Sixth Heroes (i'm looking at you Genta) but Gai is actually funny. Can't wait for episode 19
clonex25
It's not even funny
It's not even funny
Favorite series: Maskman
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
My boom: mecha design
Quote: "Never explain yourself"

Post by clonex25 »

This is the awesomeness of a Gokaiger episode. I'll make a list of what I liked in the ep:

- Gai's delight when he entered the GokaiGalleon
- The "goukai" epic of how he obtained his powers (somehow reminds me of a particular anime, anyone?)
- The "device-less" henshin and the suitless fight (super LIKE)
- Gai's brave statement "to destroy Zangyack"
- Marvelous' "nod of approval" (too bad we didin't see his face, though)
- Gai's overexcitement to speak out lines for Kingranger before realizing he got the wrong key
- Gai's expression of "CHIIGAAAUUU!!"
- GoseiKnight being Joe's answer to the "silver service"
- Gokaisilver's triple-changing mecha, more importantly...
- Another "less CGI and more traditional" transformation starting from GouJuuDrill to GouJuuRex to GouJuuJin, moreover...
- Another great background soundtrack for GooJuuJin (it would be a spoiler if i mention the title of the song and its singer, I guess...)
- GOUJUU TORIPURU DORIRU DORI-MU: super pun of an episode summary... hehehe...
- Don-san, Don-san!!!

I certainly can't wait for the next ep.

Ja ne!
Last edited by clonex25 on Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe_Mello
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: The Iromonea

Post by Joe_Mello »

This the 50th anniversary of anything relevant?

Good to see that Gai truly earned both his phone and his position. Asian TV's has some of the best comas.

I know a lot of people still want him to be killed off, and I'm sorta okay with that, as long as it's done with enough respect and impact, like, say, another Gai who just so happens to be an otaku and associated with Tomokazu Seki

Next episode looks really interesting
Spoiler
Good to see they're addressing the big chemistry problem early on. Gai and Doc are on two completely different ends on the doofus spectrum, and it'll be interesting to see how their "methodologies" gel together.

Also, while I hate doing the comparisons, dear god, it really does look like All Riders Form
CarterSensei wrote:I wound up playing "Kaiju" for a group of 2nd graders who wanted to play sentai. I think I blew up.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Mattwo wrote:Also I have to wonder if "forever silver" was actually a nod to Power Rangers. I don't think sentai had anything that was explicitly titled "forever red" or such.
Gai does not say "Forever Silver", what he does say is "All Silver da?! Sugoi!" meaning "All Silver? Awesome (or cool or... etc.)!"
("All Silver" being said in English.)
Dorce wrote:
Spoiler
There all dead thats what they have in common not dinosaurs.
Possible spoilers for the three shows, just being careful:
Spoiler
- Mikoto Nakadai - comes from AbaRanger which has dinos
- Burai - Comes from ZyuRanger which has dinos (and Take explained why his dragon mech was in it)
- Naoto - has a dino themed mech.

So yeah, whilst you are partly right, they are connected by dinos as well.
neonkenji21
Infinity
Favorite series: DekaRanger
2nd Favorite Series: MagiRanger
Dreamy: Mele....
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: DekaRanger Cosplay!!

Post by neonkenji21 »

Funny how Gai did that crushing hug attack on Ahim, lucky b*st*rd...

I really liked his mecha, though it only has 3 modes, so far, but it gave the UMPH!! That the Gokai-Oh didn't give, for me.

Gokai Green's roll call pose is still frickin' hilarious, LOL

for next episode:
Spoiler
Don looks like he doesn't want his spotilight stolen by a newbie pirate, LOL
ShadowX7
NagoSan
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Fourze, P4A/G
Quote: "Misunderstandings happens all the time, more so on the internet."

Post by ShadowX7 »

archer9234 wrote:
Dark Ren wrote:Spoilers for Time, Zyu, and Aba
Spoiler
a friend of mine said that those 3 ranger is dead. is that true? I do know AbareKiller was dead, but TimeFire and DragonRanger were dead too? (sorry, didn`t watch ZyuRanger and TimeRanger >_<)

Added Spoiler tags

Edit : Sorry take >_<. My bad. I`ll try to be careful next time
Spoiler
Gai's name sake also links him to their deaths too. Gai from Jetman was killed as well.
Possible spoiler of quoted spoilers
Spoiler
Possibly to foreshadow what will happen to him in the future?

So Marvelous recruited Gai because he's over enthusiastic?
Well, his knowledge of Super Sentai is a bonus I guess.
Then again, Marvelous did recruit Don and Ahim (where Don special ability is cooking and Ahim's is being the "heart" of the group).

<incoming rant>

I somewhat hate characters who joined a group where they don't know a thing of what they're up against or has the ability to properly function in said group (but I guess this is excusable as Gai suddenly knew how to fight after receiving his Ranger Key).

It's not like Gai had ever fought with Zangyack main troops that's probably been ruling the galaxy and destroying planets here and there, and yet he declares that he will defeat them and bring peace to the whole galaxy, how arrogant.

He'll probably be disappointed when he'll learn that the Gokaigers main mission is to just stay on Earth and collect more Ranger Keys and Grand Powers, and NOT travel the galaxies and ending Zangyack's oppression.

<rant over>
"You count the medals, one, two, and three! Life goes on, anything goes, coming up OOO!"
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

LOL @ Gai doing Joe's pose and @ Joe's reaction. LOL @ Gai transformin without the phone.

drilling the sgormin's crotch is too much, Gai!

So Gai sacrificed himself to save a little girl and recieved the power of the
Spoiler
dead
rangers. Seeing how they all had dino motifs, it makes you wonder if Toei did that on purpose so that Gai would receive their powers.

The fights weren't that much, but Gai getting in the way of the others was funny. Mabe's mistake with kingranger was also funny. The all Silver was a nice touch.

GoZyu Drill/Jin/Rex is very cool. And it's song is also nice.

A very solid ep. I think Gai is going to fit very well with his idealist personality, since the Gokaigers are somewhat cynical. After two episodes, I'm already thinking he's cool. The writers just need to be careful to not exagggerate with his antics, like they did with ShinkenGold.

next ep:
Spoiler
The armor looks cool, but the faces ruined it. It's all Decade's fault. ONORE DIKEIDO!
Doguso
Go Go!
Favorite series: OOO/Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: W
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Doguso »

I don't think Doc is useless. His skills may not be as combat-oriented, although his goofy hit and run style sort of works, but he DOES cook for everyone, which I'm thinking no one else on that ship really knows how. He also is, as others said, an engineer and down-to-earth. He brings to Marvelous intelligence, food, a more realistic but pessimistic view, and I have a feeling there's something else in his background that we haven't seen yet, a real reason that Marvelous took him in. Every episode, I feel like there's something there... or he could just be that one "I need an engineer" normal guy among all the dark background characters and I'm wrong.

I love what Doc did in his henshin pose though! It was so odd/funny and fits his character haha. I didn't notice it the first time though... I wonder if he'll do more poses like that in future episodes.
PaiZuri4lyf
Adventure
Quote: I 1st made an account JUST to ask about the GoKaiger/Go-Onger/Goseiger movie June 11th 2k11

Post by PaiZuri4lyf »

neonkenji21 wrote:Funny how Gai did that crushing hug attack on Ahim, lucky b*st*rd...

I really liked his mecha, though it only has 3 modes, so far, but it gave the UMPH!! That the Gokai-Oh didn't give, for me.

Gokai Green's roll call pose is still frickin' hilarious, LOL

for next episode:
Spoiler
Don looks like he doesn't want his spotilight stolen by a newbie pirate, LOL
Spoiler
Looks like writers saw what I saw instantly too! That Silver's personality clashes with Green. When fighting, Green was ALWAYS the one to watch because he is the one to do entertaining things that goes above slashing and shooting. And when it came to poses...Don's is always cool. I'm VERY glad they are getting that tension out of the way. Green is a very unique Ranger in Sentai HISTORY, not just a Genta wannabe. Being a GoofBall is DON's thing!
evel333
7X
Favorite series: Dairanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Type: INTP Architect

Post by evel333 »

I'm liking GouJyuJin. I prefer mask and horn designs over "lips" any day. And it's always nice to see actual physical models on henge (and gattai) sequences - it shows off a complexity of design and planning that cheap CG always manages to ruin.
PaiZuri4lyf
Adventure
Quote: I 1st made an account JUST to ask about the GoKaiger/Go-Onger/Goseiger movie June 11th 2k11

Post by PaiZuri4lyf »

I like Silver's keys all had to do with Dino's from the series instead of just random ones that make a robot.
It's ALL T-Rex all the time YEAH!
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

evel333 wrote:I'm liking GouJyuJin. I prefer mask and horn designs over "lips" any day. And it's always nice to see actual physical models on henge (and gattai) sequences - it shows off a complexity of design and planning that cheap CG always manages to ruin.
Indeed. That was an awesome sequence; I was grinning from ear to ear.
chickdigger802
7X

Post by chickdigger802 »

wonder how many more eps before the 2 mech combine?
Joe_Mello
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: The Iromonea

Post by Joe_Mello »

ShadowX7 wrote:I somewhat hate characters who joined a group where they don't know a thing of what they're up against or has the ability to properly function in said group (but I guess this is excusable as Gai suddenly knew how to fight after receiving his Ranger Key).

It's not like Gai had ever fought with Zangyack main troops that's probably been ruling the galaxy and destroying planets here and there, and yet he declares that he will defeat them and bring peace to the whole galaxy, how arrogant.
Unlike other Sixth Rangers, though, Gai's gotten the gist of it--his job is to defeat Evil and protect the Earth--he just has no sense of context. He's the bright-eyed straight-out-of-basic-training new recruit, whereas the original five are the grizzled veterans who stopped drinking the War Kool-Aid a long time ago.

That being said, it was weird seeing the crew being Debbie Downers, especially Marvelous. Though, that could be because Gai ruffled their feathers, saying that they don't know what they have on their hands.
CarterSensei wrote:I wound up playing "Kaiju" for a group of 2nd graders who wanted to play sentai. I think I blew up.

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”