Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Goseiger | Gokaiger | AkibaRanger >
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Gokaiger 18 released

Post by Catastrophe »

Abare Killer. I am happy.

Also, I like the significance of some of those heroes. Dragon Ranger was the first 6th, and AbareKiller is the most interesting of the extra heroes. I don't really understand the inclusion of Time Fire, but then again I can't think of another hero that they could have used.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

... So, he gets hit by a truck and while almost dead, he's approached by the spirits of Sentai Past (Dragon Range), Present (Abarekiller), and Future (Time Fire)
Spoiler
all of who had died horribly in their own series
and when he recovers he aims to become the greatest hero
Spoiler
or at least greater than the spirits were since they were all kinda evil
and as a reward he's given the drill-y-est dino/dragon motifed mech I've yet seen in a sentai series...

I love this show.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
jolly_old_saint
Faiz
Favorite series: Gumby
2nd Favorite Series: Dengekibikifaizenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by jolly_old_saint »

Dag, it was a g-g-g-g-ghost. And gangan gingin giro man received great powers as an agent of spirits...a spirit detective if you will...from his near death experience involving pushing a child out of the way of a car. That's neat and different from everything I've seen, probably.

...So martyrs just hang out and dress up in the afterlife?

...And they died to have their theme songs replaced?

...And things that happen in the first five minutes of the episode count as spoilers now? Why even have a discussion thread?

I dub this spoiler s-s-s-s-silky smooth:
Spoiler
Zomg, I forgot. You can totally just say "thanks, I'm downloading now" without the tags still.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Ah, I suppose their ultimate fates are what links them. Still loving Mikoto though.
KamenRiderCyber
I am the new #2
I am the new #2

Post by KamenRiderCyber »

Catastrophe wrote:Ah, I suppose their ultimate fates are what links them. Still loving Mikoto though.
Is anyone thinking *foreshadowing* here (i.e. Gai will die in the line of duty as well)?
atilim
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Post by atilim »

The introduction of Gai as the official and accepted 6th member was really well done.

I still dislike the character Gai but they really did a good job in trying to convince the people that either hated him or weren't sure about him. Now I think the negative impression some people got in the first eps will disappear after hearing a whole eps about how awesome the 6th member is,or how cool Silver is and having a mech with 3 forms doesn't hurt either.
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

Dark Ren wrote:Spoilers for Time, Zyu, and Aba
Spoiler
a friend of mine said that those 3 ranger is dead. is that true? I do know AbareKiller was dead, but TimeFire and DragonRanger were dead too? (sorry, didn`t watch ZyuRanger and TimeRanger >_<)

Added Spoiler tags

Edit : Sorry take >_<. My bad. I`ll try to be careful next time
Spoiler
Gai's name sake also links him to their deaths too. Gai from Jetman was killed as well.
Silent_X
Salami Commander
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Silent_X »

Watching Gokaiger always gets me pumped.
I feel like I could overturn the galaxy myself!
If only I had a stunt double like Gai....

(The same spoilers that have been spoiled. Just being careful)
Spoiler
This episode brings up a topic that I've been thinking about off and on since the series began.
If Abarekiller, Timefire, and Dragonranger(as well as a number of other senshi) are dead then how did they fight in the Legend War?
Did they find people to replace them? or were they temporarily resurrected like Rio and Mele in Go-onger vs Gekiranger?
I hope this is explained eventually.

(Probably not a good idea to respond to this if you know the answer due to spoilers or something)

jolly_old_saint wrote:Dag, it was a g-g-g-g-ghost. And gangan gingin giro man received great powers as an agent of spirits...a spirit detective if you will...from his near death experience involving pushing a child out of the way of a car. That's neat and different from everything I've seen, probably.
I'm glad I'm not the only person to think of that.
I may be lying
Disclaimer: I do not endorse HeadOn; it is barely anything more than a stick of wax. I am simply using it as a Transformers joke.
Igarashi_Kiriiga
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kiva
Dreamy: Saejima Kouga
Favorite Actor?: I can't choose!
My boom: GARO
Quote: "saisho ni itte oku, ore wa tsuyoi jyanai. Ore wa tsugoku tsuyoi" aka "let me tell you from the start, I am not strong. I am very strong"

Post by Igarashi_Kiriiga »

I'm not sure I'm 100% pleased with this episode, but then again the appearance of the mecha dragon/dinosaur is just awesome but the way Gai saved kiddy girl is just...sentai-y

well, technically he IS their fan.

Spoiler
say, wonder when marvelous's birthday is. not the actor's birthday.

The way he looks make the girls feel honored to be reeled in
Lyra
Go Go!
Favorite series: OOO, Bouken, Go-bus
2nd Favorite Series: Gao, Geki, Gokai
Dreamy: Marvelous, Long
Favorite Actor?: Kamikawa Takaya
Favorite Band: JAM Project
My boom: Ikemen
Quote: ''Those who dream are human. Those who chase their dreams are Adventurers.''
- Akashi Satoru

Post by Lyra »

a really nice episode!
I love how Gai acted around GokaiGalleon :D being hyperactive, drooling over the RangerKeys, immitating Joe's pose and Joe's reaction from that xD the way he got his powers was nicely done, though I don't really get excited from seeing Timeranger, AbaRanger and ZyuRanger...
I don't have much experience yet with Sentai... only ones I know are; Shinkenger (first (and so far only) Sentai I completed), Go-onger and GekiRanger...

Anywayz!
- I liked how Gai tried to transform without his Cellular and followed up by his well done civil fight, it's a very good scene :D
- :D <3 at Marvelous' chuckle
- Good to see Gai joining in the other fights, like someone pointed out before, it reallly shows the kind of person he is. I especially liked how Doc reacted to his help and Gai's little 'sorry' when Joe placed the sabre at his neck xD
- Since I really really really like Shinkenger, I totally got into the GokaiChange xD shouting from behind my laptop 'Shinkenger! Shinkenger! Shinkenger! Shinkenger! Shinkenger! Shin- huh?! o.O'' :lol: Gai even said some of the KingRanger lines xD Priceless!
- I'm not a very big fan of dinosaurs but Gai's mecha is truly epic!!
- Don-san! Don-san!! :D xD I wonder if he will be called like this by the others as well
- Can I join the party? =^_^=

also, one thing I really like is the way Doc reacts to Gai. Reminds me a bit of Genta en Ryuunosuke :) Good to see that he is not fully accepted by everyone, it'll only be unrealistic if he was.
Spoiler
therefor I cant wait to see the next episode! They'll surely end up as good friends but still...
And my heart made a little leap of joy at the sight of the Go-onger key's being used! Mahha Zenkai!! :D
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

This was a pretty good episode. After so long, it was awesome to see all the Silver Senshi join up.
Spoiler
*GoseiKnight counts as Silver because there weren't any other Silver senshi in the series.*

Past series spoiler:

Spoiler
Pretty cool that the Senshi that died in the line of duty gave a guy that was 'reckless' the power to transform. Kind of wish they would have had Burai/DragonRanger talk instead of Mikoto/AbareKiller.

The Grand Powers were pretty cool. Grand Power of Summoning, Grand Power of henge-beast, Grand Power of henge-Robo.

Can't wait to see the next episode.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

enthalith wrote: skills dont come magically when you become a ranger.
You must not have been watching the same franchise as I have.
Camzero1
It's not even funny
It's not even funny
Favorite series: Kamen Rider OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka from Gokaiger
Favorite Actor?: Shu Watanabe
Favorite Band: Don't Know
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Core Medals!!!
Quote: I Like Cereeeeeal!!!

Post by Camzero1 »

Awesome Ep!!!! :D

On to Next Week!!! 8)
Gokai Change!

{Presses GokaiSilver Button}

{{Presses Button On Top Of GokaiCellular}}

{{{GokaiCellular Scans GokaiSilver Ranger Key}}}

GooooookaiSilver!
(yes, i put GooooookaiSilver! instead of Gooooookaiger!)
KR_cRAYzy
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider 555
Dreamy: Shiratori Yuriko
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Favorite Band: D-51
My boom: Super Text Twist

Post by KR_cRAYzy »

Ahhhh! I love Gai! A great incarnation of a Super Sentai fan in the series.

I'm perfectly fine with AbareKiller, TimeFire and DragonRanger showing up together, the themes fit perfectly. In my eyes all of them are the kind of hero Mikoto described Gai as; "Protecting someone while ignoring danger to oneself. Didn't all three each do something similar in their own series?

Spoiler
-All three were antagonists for part of their respective series.
-All turned over to the good side by doing some bad ass heroic act.
-All had dinosaur form mechas.
-I believe each of their deaths unite them as 'true heroes' (though I only saw Abare Killer in action, TimeFire and DragonRanger I've only read.)

I kind of think Doc and Gai were in the same boat when it came to their recruitment. Marvelous only takes people who do things he can't. Joe and Luka are obviously the most skilled and Ahim admitted that she was taken in when she had no where else to go. So besides cooking what does Doc bring to the table? We see in the preview Gai has an apron so he trumps Doc (haha in your face) so I can see a lot of jealousy coming from my least fav Gokaiger.

I still dislike Doc, but the fact that he's so irritable to me doesn't diminish his quality as a character. It seemed out of everyone, he was the most critical of Gai. It'll be a good rivalry between the two!

COMPLETE

Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Blade, 555, Hibiki Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W

STANDING BY
OOO
atilim
Douza Uru Zazaado
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Post by atilim »

KR_cRAYzy wrote:Ahhhh! I love Gai! A great incarnation of a Super Sentai fan in the series.

I'm perfectly fine with AbareKiller, TimeFire and DragonRanger showing up together, the themes fit perfectly. In my eyes all of them are the kind of hero Mikoto described Gai as; "Protecting someone while ignoring danger to oneself. Didn't all three each do something similar in their own series?

Spoiler
-All three were antagonists for part of their respective series.
-All turned over to the good side by doing some bad ass heroic act.
-All had dinosaur form mechas.
-I believe each of their deaths unite them as 'true heroes' (though I only saw Abare Killer in action, TimeFire and DragonRanger I've only read.)

I kind of think Doc and Gai were in the same boat when it came to their recruitment. Marvelous only takes people who do things he can't. Joe and Luka are obviously the most skilled and Ahim admitted that she was taken in when she had no where else to go. So besides cooking what does Doc bring to the table? We see in the preview Gai has an apron so he trumps Doc (haha in your face) so I can see a lot of jealousy coming from my least fav Gokaiger.

I still dislike Doc, but the fact that he's so irritable to me doesn't diminish his quality as a character. It seemed out of everyone, he was the most critical of Gai. It'll be a good rivalry between the two!
Doc is smart, if something needs to be fixed he is the guy. And Hakasse can also be transalted into professor so he will defentily so I wouldn't call him useless.

And Ahim brings something non of the other members has (Doc comes close) diplomacy......Just saying, when making enemy's it is usually smart to have somebody that looks nice and talks nice in case you get into trouble (the Gaoranger tribute eps shows how good she actually is in convincing people)

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”