I claim this bounty in the name of #TV-Nihon! Arrr
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Goseiger | Gokaiger | AkibaRanger >
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Re: Gokaiger 19 released

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

I like how Gold Mode Chakusou looks. The helmet covering the gold shades to make one anchor. The Trident making a spear, nice touch Kamen Rider in Sentai? Well, not the first time that happened. *glares at Decade*

Don was pretty important this time. Still waiting for him to get a freaking backstory. I mean, we have Princess of a ruined world, pirate-apprentice turned Captain, bad guy turned good, a treasure hunter for children, and a fanboy that had a ?near-death? experience. When will we learn about the green guy with the lowest bounty? Gokaiger Bounty is now at Z12,605,000. Does anyone remember how much the bounty was at the beginning and after it was raised but before GokaiSilver was added to the bounty?

EDIT: Is it sad that while I was watching the opening sequence again, I just now noticed that when the 5 Gokaiger fall, Ahim is holding her dress down? Luka looked liked she was having fun. Joe, hmm. Don, panicky. Still, sad that I just now noticed that.

Next Episode:

Oh god,
Spoiler
He's back. I never really cared for that trumpet player. They need to make him run with his tail between his legs next time.
DarkRobin
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by DarkRobin »

Netto no Zen-Aki wrote:I like how Gold Mode Chakusou looks. The helmet covering the gold shades to make one anchor. The Trident making a spear, nice touch Kamen Rider in Sentai? Well, not the first time that happened. *glares at Decade*

Don was pretty important this time. Still waiting for him to get a freaking backstory. I mean, we have Princess of a ruined world, pirate-apprentice turned Captain, bad guy turned good, a treasure hunter for children, and a fanboy that had a ?near-death? experience. When will we learn about the green guy with the lowest bounty? Gokaiger Bounty is now at Z12,605,000. Does anyone remember how much the bounty was at the beginning and after it was raised but before GokaiSilver was added to the bounty?
.[/spoiler]

I have a feeling that we might never get a background story for Don, as we are far deep into the series now.

The fact that they keep making him look weak in strength, and lack of attention from the bad guys, I think he simply don't have a strong story, other than being a smart guy getting recruited by the pirates because of his intelligence. His time with the team is the story.
Joe_Mello
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: The Iromonea

Post by Joe_Mello »

Now I know why I don't like Gai; he's secretly Rachel Ray!

Also, if you haven't figured out that Gai is the blatant fanboy wish fulfillment character, then you aren't paying attention. I must say, though, that while I like that they're sticking with ideas already established, Gold Mode is a little disappointing. I mean, it's just floppy samurai armor with the faces on it.

This episode also reinforced something that was only briefly brought up way back in Episode 3. That is, Don is a hyper-competent planner and strategist, but lacks the fighting spirit, whether that's because he knows what could go wrong, or he just has stage fright. I think that's an interesting character flaw, and would love to see it developed further.
jonty wrote:[ Image ]
I don't care who you are, that is freaking adorable.

Finally, Re: Ep 20
Spoiler
Basco should never be a Ranger. He has too much pride, and Marvelous would never allow it. Best that could happen is an uneasy truce whenever Damarasu stabs Basco in the back, and even then it's not a certainty.

Why do people think Basco is an extra Ranger? Because he's a named human character?
CarterSensei wrote:I wound up playing "Kaiju" for a group of 2nd graders who wanted to play sentai. I think I blew up.
PaiZuri4lyf
Adventure
Quote: I 1st made an account JUST to ask about the GoKaiger/Go-Onger/Goseiger movie June 11th 2k11

Post by PaiZuri4lyf »

@ joe

Spoiler
Because his personality looks like it can fit well with the team. Unlike Gai who is almost like Don and they even said so in the show. Every single Ranger is completely different from one another and that's what most of us like. Basco's personality is different than everyone in the cast so he would make a good team-up partner...one day. Hmm...what ranger would he be?
famicomman
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Zyuranger
Dreamy: Megumi-san!!
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Nihongo

Post by famicomman »

Dark Ren wrote:Haha I like the new opening. good they update it fast

I do think Basco will be the GokaiGold or something, since his mobirates is gold. if gokaiSilver has Gold Mode, how about the idea GokaiGold : Silver Mode LOLOLOL >_<
I don’t think so at all. HIs Mobirates doesn’t even have any slots for keys in it. It’s functional as a communicator only.
NIPPON BANZAI!! JOIN THE REBELLION!!
Nova
7X
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Nova »

That Go-On Silver/Gold form was awesome!

But I didn't liked the Gold Form. Reminded me of the horrible Decade Complete Form...
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Requesting the splash for the next episode to feature Gold Mode be of Decade Complete instead, given how people won't stop saying it's the same.

I think Gold Mode is uglier, personally. It's like the awful Zubaan armour from Operation Overdrive.

DarkRobin
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by DarkRobin »

The Gold mode is ok, but I'm not sure about the faces of the previous sixth rangers on the chest. Feels a bit weird. They probably want to show how the armor is the combined powers of the previous sixth rangers by putting those faces on.

It's funny how it's Gokai Silver, the sixth and the new member of the team that gets this kind of power-up. One would usually assume it's the Red Ranger that receive such enhancement, like red rangers in power rangers series getting battlizer armors.

I wonder if they did to satisfy the curiosity if the Gokaigers can transform into all previous rangers, or combined their powers together. Finally, Gokai Silver achieve such combination.

Wouldn't this lead the audience and other Gokaigers wonder if they could do the same?
hunter-urufu
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: If it cannot hatch from its shell, the chick will die without ever truly being born. We are the chick; the world is our egg. If we don't break the world's shell, we will die without truly being born. Smash the world's shell, for the Revolution of the World.

Post by hunter-urufu »

Great episode, But the MoTW reminded me of Junji Ito's Gyo. *shudder*
I am a shadow....The true self....Knowledge is a burden for the strong...So what is your truth?

The dark bird who sees the truth from the cloud of the shadow! The All-knowing mind! Geki-Wing!
Mitsumi
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com

Post by Mitsumi »

3 pages in and no one mentioned the shout out to kamen rider double ?

we are one single GO-ON WINGS !

not only that but also the half and half form he takes
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Not everything is a shout-out to other things. Go-Onger just happened to have two Sixths, and how else are you going to reconcile that?

The costume budget on this show is intense.
gyozilla
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: WShinken555RyukiKuga
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O, Kikaider
My boom: erang

Post by gyozilla »

Mitsumi wrote:3 pages in and no one mentioned the shout out to kamen rider double ?

we are one single GO-ON WINGS !

not only that but also the half and half form he takes
You just missed them is all.
Catastrophe wrote:When I first saw the suit, I thought of Kamen Rider W. Then he said 'The two of them are the one Go-On Wings', and I thought obvious shout out was obvious.
Chariot wrote:Heh. Gai trying to be W and Doc trying to be Blade!
Conan_Edogawa wrote:i liked the W Go-On Wings. now i wanna see him take MagiShine, Wolzard Fire, and MagiMother to make an OOO reference.
Silent_X
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Silent_X »

The villain plot for this episode seemed a lot more like a standard Sentai Plot.
"Bad guy is making humans weird somehow, and killing it will fix everything."
There wasn't even the stated flimsy explanation of "this will help us conquer the planet".
In fact, the way the Gokaigers are responding to the evil plots are becoming more standard.
Before they would just stumble upon the evil plot while looking for a grand power or going about their daily business. Now they're reacting to alerts and what not.

If Decade Complete did not already exist I probably would have had more of an adverse reaction to Gold Mode.
I'm a lot more accepting of the "bunch of faces on chest" aesthetic nowadays.

I do like the concept lot anyway though. It is about having things both ways.
A lot of sixth warriors have armor, and some don't. GokaiSilver can do both.
Also Gold and Silver are probably the most common colors for sixth warriors.(counting MagiShine, GoseiKnight and anyone with a gold shield).
PaiZuri4lyf wrote:Best Parts

Spoiler
Hell yeah for MagiFather. He was only in one episode in MagiRanger (sans finale) Woot for MagiMother too (another rare one from that series.
Spoiler
MagiFather? Do you mean Wolzard Fire?

edit: I may just be seeing pattern that isn't really there, but it sort of seems like that since Sakamoto started doing Japanese stuff again the other directors have been trying, somewhat unsuccessfully, to do more fancy wire stuff.
Am I crazy or has anyone else noticed it?
I may be lying
Disclaimer: I do not endorse HeadOn; it is barely anything more than a stick of wax. I am simply using it as a Transformers joke.
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

I think its so soon for Gai to already get an upgrade. I'm so shocked at this development. Also, his upgrade suit looks like Decade's Final Form . Oh well though. I thought this episode was action packed and I enjoyed it a lot. Gai doesn't seem too annoying now and he is learning.
Silent_X
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Silent_X »

chronoxiong wrote:I think its so soon for Gai to already get an upgrade. I'm so shocked at this development. Also, his upgrade suit looks like Decade's Final Form . Oh well though. I thought this episode was action packed and I enjoyed it a lot. Gai doesn't seem too annoying now and he is learning.
This is coming from the perspective of someone who keeps up with toy/design spoilers, but I don't really see it as an upgrade so much as him completing his arsenal. Same thing as him getting the Gojyujin last episode.
I may be lying
Disclaimer: I do not endorse HeadOn; it is barely anything more than a stick of wax. I am simply using it as a Transformers joke.

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”