Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Gokaiger 19 released

Post by takenoko »

Oh hey, they explain how the buckles work... sorta. That's kind of neat. More of these shows should try to explain how their shit works. I like that.

I wonder if Gai will get added to the very opening with the silhouettes. Oh, I guess not, since they added scenes with him in other parts. I wonder if next year's extra member will be a serious one since it's been serious, comedic, serious, comedic, serious in the past.

Oh man, Don's fight scenes are some of the most entertaining stuff I've seen in a Sentai. It's nice to see a guy that doesn't just overwhelm all the cannon fodder.

Huh... didn't expect them to combine Go-On Wings. I dunno, is it cool or a cop out?

Cool GokaiGreen transformation. Running transformation for the win.

Gold mode... but still silver. XD Overall the suit's not as silly as I thought it was. I appreciate how mobile it is in letting him move.

LOL. Ugh at the knuckle cracking noises of the people getting their "bones" back. As you can imagine, "having no bones" is an idiom meaning "watered down". I guess "having no backbone" in English is based on the same idea:
Honenuki 骨抜き 【ほねぬき】 (adj-no,n) (1) boned, (2) watered down, (3) mutilated, (P)

And funya is from the sound word funyafunya which just means to "go limp"
Funyafunya ふにゃふにゃ (adj-na,adv,n,vs) soft, limp

The Japanese wiki thinks that Warrien's name might be based on "uo" (fish) and "alien". I think it's "warrior" and "alien" personally.
魚(うお)+エイリアンor戦士(英:Warrior)?

Ebi tried to do a kitbash for the Go-On Wings key. Apparently it's easy to transfer DragonRanger's shield too.
http://ooebihara.sakura.ne.jp/diary11/diary110701.html
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Re: Gokaiger 19 released

Post by PHurricane »

When Navi popped up and said it was time to get started, I seriously thought that they were going to critique how long Silver's intro is compared to everyone else. The buckle explanation was a pleasant surprise.

When the second verse played in the fight last episode, I suspected it would also play over the opening credits in this episode. It didn't, but there were more changes than I expected. I'm surprised at how many portions they re-shot to add Gai in. My favorite is Gai's solo shot where he's analyzing the Ranger Keys (i.e. playing with his toys).

I really love costuming's decisions for Gai’s clothes. He’s got the silver, but they remind you that he represents warriors that have a whole variety of colors with the multicolor blocks and polka dots.

I don't mind people cracking their knuckles, but that sound effect when everyone got their bones back made me shudder.

When I first saw pictures of Gold Mode, I thought it looked terrible. Now that I've seen it in action, I still don't think it looks good. A little too bulky for my tastes, with the shoulders being the worst element to me. They stick out too far. I expect him to have to run through a doorway at some point and fall backward because the armor is too wide. Go-On Wings, on the other hand, was pretty cool. Looks like we got a little shout-out to W, too, with his introduction. Pretty funny how Ahim was the only one who initially reacted to its appearance, and all she did was clap while everyone was frozen in shock.

Good follow-up episode to what essentially amounted to Silver 2-part introduction, even if the character development belonged more to Doc than Gai. Doc did a fantastic job of looking absolutely pathetic when he was feeling inadequate. The way he recovered was pretty realistic, although Navi had to suffer a little abuse because of it.
jonty
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by jonty »

My two favorite parts of the episode:

The Japanese are a very polite people

[EDIT friendlier sized versions!]
Skyden
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Post by Skyden »

About Ahim Being the only one that reacted, it kinda fits her character, since she is a Princess, she gets happy easily, and a thought that I had, when Luka and Ahim went limp on Gokai-Galleon, where they felt with their heads together, Probably we can expect quite a few fanfics inspired by that scene.
Once a person asked me, If I believe in Destiny, my answer was simple
ME: Yeah, I do.
PERSON: So What's Your Destiny?
ME: Dont Know, I havent Written It Yet.
CrimsonJoker
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Decade
Dreamy: Natsumikan
Favorite Actor?: David Tennant
Favorite Band: Gackt
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Doctor Who

Post by CrimsonJoker »

I am starting to like Gai. I am shocked.
Image Image
Image Image
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

Let me say this to start: I'd really like to issho ni funya with Luka and Ahim. XD

Silver? Gold? Make up your mind! So, I don't think Basco is going to be gold anymore. I wonder if they'll be able to get his keys. And how they'll use it. Maybe they'll get the horn too. But I don't know, there's still room for the an extra hero...

Funny scene with Gai deciding which Go-On key he would use. Strange solution, but that's ok. It seems his fanboy power works miracles with the keys. I'll write it again: The armor looks cool, but the faces ruined it. It's all Decade's fault. ONORE DIKEIDO! The leg protection could be somewhat shorter too.

The way everybody stood up was cool. And LOL @ Gil going funya. LOL @ Mabe getting Don and gai's food.

Since everybody, except Doc, was ok with Gai, I wonder if we'll have the "getting along with the new guy" episodes for the other Gokaigers.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

This proves that fanboys are always the strongest. Able to dream up a power? Maybe that will be a point touched later on.

When I first saw the suit, I thought of Kamen Rider W. Then he said 'The two of them are the one Go-On Wings', and I thought obvious shout out was obvious.
Biogirl
Go Go!
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider...Kabuto
Favorite Actor?: Yamamoto Yusuke
Favorite Band: Funky Monkey Babys
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Otoko nara darekano tameni tsuyoku nare. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h5OlXS8IzI

Post by Biogirl »

Yay for at least making an attempt to explain how they always have the keys they want. I'll buy it.

My favorite part:
I keep watching it, and yet I'm not tired of it. ^_^

As for Gokai Silver's Gold Mode; the faces are a little weird, but it's a significant improvement over Decade Complete.
Tokusatsu kotatsu party!
Camzero1
It's not even funny
It's not even funny
Favorite series: Kamen Rider OOO
Dreamy: Luka from Gokaiger
Favorite Actor?: Shu Watanabe
Favorite Band: Don't Know
My boom: Core Medals!!!
Quote: I Like Cereeeeeal!!!

Post by Camzero1 »

Catastrophe wrote:This proves that fanboys are always the strongest. Able to dream up a power? Maybe that will be a point touched later on.

When I first saw the suit, I thought of Kamen Rider W. Then he said 'The two of them are the one Go-On Wings', and I thought obvious shout out was obvious.
I wish Ahim would say "That color scheme looks.....familiar".
Gokai Change!

{Presses GokaiSilver Button}

{{Presses Button On Top Of GokaiCellular}}

{{{GokaiCellular Scans GokaiSilver Ranger Key}}}

GooooookaiSilver!
(yes, i put GooooookaiSilver! instead of Gooooookaiger!)
Chariot
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Dreamy: Izumi Hina
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Chariot »

Heh. Gai trying to be W and Doc trying to be Blade!

Honestly, this Go-On Wings combination thing is something really unexpected. I mean, did any of us think they would actually go so far as to do this? I was expecting a reluctant "Ah mou! I guess I'll go with Gold!"

I wonder if, by Gai, the only Earthling among them, being the only one of them to have this power, the writers mean to say something about the power of mankind's imagination.

I really really like Doc. Can't help but root for him, and it's neat how it shows he's in the lower tier fighting-wise, but he still keeps up and does his part.
Dark Ren
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Zi-O
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Heeeennnssshhhiiiiiiinnn...!!!

Post by Dark Ren »

Haha I like the new opening. good they update it fast
m4rc0 wrote: Silver? Gold? Make up your mind! So, I don't think Basco is going to be gold anymore. I wonder if they'll be able to get his keys. And how they'll use it. Maybe they'll get the horn too. But I don't know, there's still room for the an extra hero...
I do think Basco will be the GokaiGold or something, since his mobirates is gold. if gokaiSilver has Gold Mode, how about the idea GokaiGold : Silver Mode LOLOLOL >_<
markoclix
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger

Post by markoclix »

Yay for Don's character development!!!! Boo for still no back story!!!!! I'm also looking forward to seeing how they actually develop Gai (if they do). I really hope he won't be just the silly fanboy. That's a lot of fun and it is something that kids can relate to but I would like to see him struggle with his near death experience or something. That would be kinda neat.
TimeForceBlue
Favorite series: Zyu Renger
Dreamy: Miu/Go-on Silver
Favorite Actor?: None
Favorite Band: The Newsboys
My boom: None
Quote: I find your lack of faith disturbing! - Darth Vader, Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope

Post by TimeForceBlue »

Awesome Episode! Good job for subbing it! :)
"Gokai Change!"
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

I like how Waruzu Giru is now taking an active role in the show by finding new enemies to fight the Gokaigers.

I really liked the Go-On Wings form. The Rocket Daggers are quite useful since they have 6 distinct attacks. Wielding two at once makes the form even cooler. I also liked how the designers didn't forget about the Wing Triggers and made sure to have two of them hanging from the belt.

It was funny when Gai quickly drops Don on the ground after being told to use the new key.

All the different helmets on the armor turned me off to the design. Since the armor is a power up rather than the default for Silver, I wouldn't be surprised to see other Gokaigers using it. Still, the way the Gokai Spear changed into an anchor was cool. I also liked how the socket on the bottom of the Gokai Cellular references the socket for plugging into a battery charger.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

This episode was fun. i like how they changed the opening. Gai kinda blends in almost seamlessly for me. also, i liked the W Go-On Wings. now i wanna see him take MagiShine, Wolzard Fire, and MagiMother to make an OOO reference.

Lol at Ahim's tiny clapping. i'm reminded of this:

the team going all funya~ had me cracking up.

I enjoyed the formation and implementation of Gold mode. i even have a joke to go with it for a splash page. now i just need to find the free time to make it.

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”