Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Other rider series
Favorite Band: Maximum The Hormone
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: Funya~

Re: Gokaiger 20 released

Post by Skull Rider »

m4rc0 wrote: Nice to see how Mabe's speech motivated Gai. But they didn't show Gingaman's ultimate power...
So true... Makes me wonder if the grand power is actually the approval or acknowledgment of the Gingaman, that Space Pirate also can be the Super Sentai.
Completed : V3, Amazon, Black, Black RX, ZX, Shin, J, ZO, Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive, Ghost, Ex-Aid
DarkRobin
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by DarkRobin »

Skull Rider wrote:
m4rc0 wrote: Nice to see how Mabe's speech motivated Gai. But they didn't show Gingaman's ultimate power...
So true... Makes me wonder if the grand power is actually the approval or acknowledgment of the Gingaman, that Space Pirate also can be the Super Sentai.

I asked the exact same question in my thread regarding the grands powers of previous super sentai. In the beginning they said they had to draw forth all 34 super sentai's grand power. That suggested Gokaigers need to unlocked the powers by tapping the true powers of previous sentais. But as series progressed, it seems they need approvals instead. Which is weird and not very much like treasure hunting.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

They're learning lessons from the previous Sentai. Magiranger taught them the value of courage, Gekiranger showed Ahim and Don that they're not weaker at all, Shinkenger was about respect for the powers they're using, Dekaranger was justice, and stuff like that. The actual powers are secondary to becoming the Superest Sentai.

This one was just for Gai. Hyuuga says outright that he can't trust Gai to fight unless Gai says he wants to. Gai doubts himself. Why him? The power isn't enough; if it was, anyone could be GokaiSilver. But it's Gai's responsibility, and a heavy one it is, much like when Hyuuga became the Black Knight.

More importantly, at 17:07, when Don and Ahim are fighting Wolzard Fire... what the hell is Don doing?
Wing Form Decade
It's not even funny
It's not even funny
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider 555
Dreamy: Riki from Kiva
Favorite Actor?: Yusuke Yamamoto)
Favorite Band: Super Junior
My boom: SHINee's Onew
Quote: this is the drill that will pierce the heavens

Post by Wing Form Decade »

soooooooo What is teh gingaman power? was it just the ranger key or was there more to it?
Kamen Rider Ookalf
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Kamen Rider Ookalf »

Wing Form Decade wrote:soooooooo What is teh gingaman power? was it just the ranger key or was there more to it?
We don't know yet.
Gokaifan
Go Go!
Favorite series: gokaiger
Dreamy: Doc
My boom: Japan
Quote: Never go to bed angry, stay awake and plot your revenge.

I fight evil wherever it may be... except in dark, scary places.

Post by Gokaifan »

dancercotillion wrote:More importantly, at 17:07, when Don and Ahim are fighting Wolzard Fire... what the hell is Don doing?
He's either being clumsy, failing to hit or both.
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

Wing Form Decade wrote:soooooooo What is teh gingaman power? was it just the ranger key or was there more to it?

Keys are not grand powers. Obvious indication is Basco can use Black Knights key yet try to steal Gingaman grand power from Hyuuga. Considering what was Carranger's grand power was it could be something worthless again but if I need to make a guess it can be either a new 'Final Wave' attack for Gai or a weapon for his mecha. I would like to see some grand powers for 'Final Wave' finishers actually. Its all good but without a combining blaster (or oversized cannon) it doesn't feel like a super sentai.
Therm_Kitty
Gabu
Dreamy: Shotaro!

Post by Therm_Kitty »

It's nice to see the extra Ranger suits getting some exercise. Wish they did more with the Space Pirate connection. This is like the Go-onger/Shinkenger crossover, where
Spoiler
the Shinkengers didn't come from Samurai World!
Still, Don's donuts were a nice shoutout. Can't wait to see what the Gingaman Grand Power is. I'd laugh if it was a chained-up Daitanix or some other Space Pirate Barban element instead of a Gingaman mecha. Uchu Kaizoku + Kaizoku Sentai = ????

Jumping from advertising one movie directly to the next. That's pretty hardcore. Movie spoilers:
Spoiler
Any mecha with an eyescope, hook for a hand, giant black Jolly Roger, peg leg or a cape automatically makes me try to buy a figure. That's if it just has one of those. 4/5 makes me throw money at the screen!
Also, I actually hope that they don't get any Grand Powers in the movie. Gokaiger would still be solid without any anniversary elements at all. Remove the Grand Powers, Gokai Change gimmick and the past Sentai. You still have a series with an interesting universe, good villains and gimmicks that still work. If the movie develops more of the non-Sentai part of the Gokaiger universe, I'll be tickled magenta.
Niek
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Niek »

I am not certain about what the grand power is, but it seems to me that it is "Protecting the Earth". Yes I know it is not much in the sense of combat potential, but the Gokaiger's main motivation has always been to find the greatest treasure in the universe. They couldn't care less about what happens to the Earth in general.

We are now 20 episodes in, but I am still a bit underwhelmed by it all. To me it seems as if this series is all about showcasing the previous Sentai. The biggest example is Gokai-Oh. I know it has some upgrades with the Grand powers, but besides that Gokai-Oh it self is seriously underwhelming. From the very first episode they burst out Gokai-Oh. Okay, GokaiGalleon has been in its fights, but there are 4 other vehicles which are never used besides becoming the limbs of Gokai-Oh. At least I think they are vehicles. Even Optimus Prime in Super Link had a more versitale use of his limbs than Gokai-Oh.

It is as if Marvelous has given the other Gokaigers their Mecha drivers licenses and they are only allowed to dock the vehicles. I can understand that separate mecha's get used less to not at all as the series develops, but here those four vehicles are shoved aside from the very first episode. Gai's mecha has at least been used in all its forms from the very first episode it was introduced. Although the GouJyuDrill might get shoved aside from now on. I don't know if they will leave the mecha separate, like in Boukenger and GekiRanger, or that a combined form will appear, like in Shinkenger and Goseiger.

Does anyone know what kind of vehicles the limbs are? And who drives what?
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. - Douglas Adams
Lyra
Go Go!
Favorite series: OOO, Bouken, Go-bus
2nd Favorite Series: Gao, Geki, Gokai
Dreamy: Marvelous, Long
Favorite Actor?: Kamikawa Takaya
Favorite Band: JAM Project
My boom: Ikemen
Quote: ''Those who dream are human. Those who chase their dreams are Adventurers.''
- Akashi Satoru

Post by Lyra »

Niek wrote: Does anyone know what kind of vehicles the limbs are? And who drives what?
Right arm: Jet (Joe)
Left arm: Race car (Doc)
Right leg: Subarine (Ahim)
Left leg: Trailer/Truck (Luka)

The chestpiece is obviously GokaiGalleon (Marvelous) and Gokai-Oh's hat is a part from Joe's jet ;)
Niek
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Niek »

So they are actual vehicles. Thanks for the info. There is probably some Grand Power required to see those in action.
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. - Douglas Adams
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

Nice seeing the brothers from Gingaman show up again, though I kinda get the sense that Ryouma's part was added in afterwards sense he just makes an appearance. Basco returns and he's able to steal ranger powers using his trumpet, very nice reveal on with that & his surprising the the team with more keys. I liked the quandary Gai was put in for this episode when confronted by a past ranger who was acting like he missed the ability to transform and protect the planet. I don't think it would've been as strong if Gai wasn't a fanboy of Sentai. While it looks like Go-on Wing was just introduced just to sell the key, hope i'm wrong but I guess were going with the Gold Mode Battlelizer now for Gai to finish off his enemies, Maybe i'd be more ok with it if it was more like Decade's Complete Form.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”