Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Re: Gokaiger 21 released

Post by archer9234 »

Catastrophe wrote:Also, I think I'm going to get sick of the 'Gai transforming into the wrong group warrior' quite quickly. It was funny in the first episode, but if they keep doing it I reckon it'll get old.
Well, you can't blame him here. Toei is being stupid with Ninjaman.
Niek wrote:It seems as though Gai is limited by additional rangers and unlike the others cannot use any other ranger keys. Because why wouldn't he just change into the red or yellow kakuranger. Or is it just in his mind.
If the Gokaigers can use the 6th heroes. Gai can use the regular teams. The phones don't have any kind of team type lock out. Hell, the Mobirates toy allows Gai's key to henshin.
Camzero1
It's not even funny
It's not even funny
Favorite series: Kamen Rider OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka from Gokaiger
Favorite Actor?: Shu Watanabe
Favorite Band: Don't Know
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Core Medals!!!
Quote: I Like Cereeeeeal!!!

Post by Camzero1 »

Why can't Gai's GokaiCellular say the specific Ranger Keys all the time like in this episode with Shuuuuuurikenger! and Episode 19 with Goooooo-On Wings!

Come on.......please?
Gokai Change!

{Presses GokaiSilver Button}

{{Presses Button On Top Of GokaiCellular}}

{{{GokaiCellular Scans GokaiSilver Ranger Key}}}

GooooookaiSilver!
(yes, i put GooooookaiSilver! instead of Gooooookaiger!)
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

FangTrigger wrote: Akashi looks just the same as he did all those years ago. Make-up does wonders.
It was only five years ago. If I put on the same clothes and combed my hair the same, I wouldn't look much different than I did in 2006, either. :psyduck:
archer9234
Faiz
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

Camzero1 wrote:Why can't Gai's GokaiCellular say the specific Ranger Keys all the time like in this episode with Shuuuuuurikenger! and Episode 19 with Goooooo-On Wings!

Come on.......please?
Because the toy is dumb. It only calls them out when you do the mini game.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

archer9234 wrote:
Catastrophe wrote:Also, I think I'm going to get sick of the 'Gai transforming into the wrong group warrior' quite quickly. It was funny in the first episode, but if they keep doing it I reckon it'll get old.
Well, you can't blame him here. Toei is being stupid with Ninjaman.
Niek wrote:It seems as though Gai is limited by additional rangers and unlike the others cannot use any other ranger keys. Because why wouldn't he just change into the red or yellow kakuranger. Or is it just in his mind.
If the Gokaigers can use the 6th heroes. Gai can use the regular teams. The phones don't have any kind of team type lock out. Hell, the Mobirates toy allows Gai's key to henshin.
Dude, you forget 1 thing. In order for Gai to do Gokai Change, he needs the Key of the Ranger, then he needs to PRESS THE SPECIFIC RANGER'S BUTTON ON HIS GOKAI CELLULAR. Notice there are Ranger's face on his Gokai Cellular.
archer9234
Faiz

Post by archer9234 »

On the toy it has a secondary mode to operate all the other functions. They could explain it as he punches in ranger codes for the other keys. 0001 Like the Mobirates does, for Goranger.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

FangTrigger wrote:Also, for the sub in this series, do you just bounce it back and forth between the people who have already did the typesetting for the past shows?
Nope, petrkr does the whole thing. We just give him effects from past shows that we done and he does any effects on shows that we haven't done.
Shado Kabuto
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Faiz Kabuto Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O Deka Magi Bou

Post by Shado Kabuto »

Oh yes Boukenger is back more or less with BoukenRed downloading right now!
I walk the path of HEAVENS
Thanks Guile for the Kabuto Avy's and Signatures
thanks bauffie for the sig.
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

awesome episode with one of my favourite series.

LOL @ Gai being left out again.

Luka doing a "high five" when akashi helped her was nice and I really liked how Luka already had her Bouken spirit.

Nice reflexes, Insaan.

I really liked how they made Akashi a mentor figure to help Mabe when he had problems. The AkaRed memories were also a nice touch. Bringing Ryuon back was awesome.

The fight was really good and the way they used the weapons from Boukenger was simply awesome. Using GoGo Ken was also very cool.

How I miss Boukenger...

That last bit with Akashi talking about AkaRed made me curious.
jolly_old_saint
Faiz
Favorite series: Gumby
2nd Favorite Series: Dengekibikifaizenger

Post by jolly_old_saint »

..."pirated" version. Its a bit, damnit, don't skip around it forever just because another team already translated it that way.

That aside, good job da. In soviet russia, adventure chiefs you!

The excitement of being in a pinch....that's bouken! Super brother gek...I mean, this calls for heart! By which I mean rip-out-your-beating-heart kali ma, motherfucker! And follow it up with gangan gingin giro man doing his thing to fill out a couple minutes!
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

m4rc0 wrote:That last bit with Akashi talking about AkaRed made me curious.
Well, we've been told AkaRed is dead. The Heart brings back the dead.

HMMMM.

I guess Akashi wants to make a stir fry. Endless Yakisoba Spirits! Gohan Sentai Teppanger!
friendlyquark
7X
Favorite series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Bruce Banner
Favorite Actor?: Jet Li
Favorite Band: Imogen Heap
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: writing
Quote: Ca va, go-busters?

Post by friendlyquark »

dancercotillion wrote:
m4rc0 wrote:That last bit with Akashi talking about AkaRed made me curious.
Well, we've been told AkaRed is dead. The Heart brings back the dead.

HMMMM.

I guess Akashi wants to make a stir fry. Endless Yakisoba Spirits! Gohan Sentai Teppanger!
Well, Just because Marvy-chan thinks he's dead, doesn't mean that he actually IS dead. We saw a dramatic scene where he sent Marvelous off to safety, we never saw a body!

Plus, to whoever said they had met before, BoukenRed never did meet Akared. It was BoukenSilver that had all the interactions with Akared-taisho, iirc.
archer9234
Faiz

Post by archer9234 »

Well he did meet him when they where fighting, at the end. Akared could easily fake his death. We saw an explosion. With Marvy-chan escaping. He might be doing it to protect secrets. Or, is doing it, to make Marvelous a better person.
JumperPrime
Kamen Rider Club
Kamen Rider Club
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Wakana
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Bulletstorm
Quote: Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

Post by JumperPrime »

archer9234 wrote:Well he did meet him when they where fighting, at the end. Akared could easily fake his death. We saw an explosion. With Marvy-chan escaping. He might be doing it to protect secrets. Or, is doing it, to make Marvelous a better person.
No, Akared faked his death so that Marvelous could become his own Sentai hero. If Akared stuck around, Marvelous would always look to him for guidance. Marvelous would not be able to grow into a great leader if his own leader was standing there in front of him. So, Akared had to die(at least as far as Marvelous knew) for Kaizoku Sentai Goukaiger to properly come into being. He's probably watching from afar, I'll bet Navi is his eyes and ears aboard Gokai Galleon, and directing their search for the Grand Powers(I suspect that when Navi does his Treasure Navigate, he's not actually computing a clue in his bird brain, he's just reciting the latest clue that Akared uploaded to him, explaining the dire warning just before Basco showed up, and Navi refused to Treasure Navigate in this episode because he didn't have a clue to recite as Akared had sent Satoru to straighten Marvelous out. Remember at the start of the episode when Navi said "When I don't have a clue, I don't have a clue." He really didn't have a clue because he hadn't been sent one but he was under orders not to reveal the fact that the clues were coming from Akared so he had to hem and haw and withstand Marvelous's anger without revealing the truth)

As the spirit of the Sentai Red Ranger itself, Akared doesn't normally take center stage, that's for the real Sentai heroes. In the Boukenger vs. Super Sentai movie, he gave Eiji the Super Sentai address book then ran off, leaving Eiji to gather allies himself, only reappearing to help out in the big battle at the end of the movie. Gathering the Ranger Keys is one thing, it had to be done, no one else could do it, and he did it all in flashbacks(I suspect Akared is aware of the existence of the Fourth Wall) but he couldn't participate in assembling a new team, he had to leave recruiting Goukaiger members to Marvelous because a ranger from one team does not participate in the assembling of another team, it simply isn't done.
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

dancercotillion wrote:I like how the default Boukenger action of "didn't get it, gotta destroy it" is so ingrained in Ryuoun, and the Gokaiger are way, way more ruthless.

"Sorry, you were thinking of those nice guys who played fair because it made a better adventure. Me, I'll just rip your heart out."
Yeah, that scene was pretty hilarious! Of course, Gai changing into Shurikenger while the others went Kakuranger. It's funny, but not as funny as when the Gokaiger changed into TurboRanger when they were told to change into CarRanger. That episode was just so funny.

As for this episode, seeing Akashi was pretty cool, I kind of wish he would keep going after "Sasuke"/"Ninja Warrior". Saw him on there once. And Ryouon was nice to see. and Insaan was like "Damn bastard, took my plan, I'm gone."

Can't wait for the next episode.

Spoiler
Just seeing OhRanger and DaiRanger makes it seem interesting.

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”