Wiki Link

< Goseiger | Gokaiger | AkibaRanger >
Joe_Mello
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: The Iromonea

Re: Gokaiger 21 released

Post by Joe_Mello »

Netto no Zen-Aki wrote:As for this episode, seeing Akashi was pretty cool, I kind of wish he would keep going after "Sasuke"/"Ninja Warrior". Saw him on there once.
Wait, what? When?! :shock:
CarterSensei wrote:I wound up playing "Kaiju" for a group of 2nd graders who wanted to play sentai. I think I blew up.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

JumperPrime wrote:As the spirit of the Sentai Red Ranger itself, Akared doesn't normally take center stage, that's for the real Sentai heroes. In the Boukenger vs. Super Sentai movie, he gave Eiji the Super Sentai address book then ran off, leaving Eiji to gather allies himself, only reappearing to help out in the big battle at the end of the movie.
Yeah but, he pretty much took center stage during that big battle.
Spoiler
"Oh, Asuka, Nanami, Hikaru, Tetsu, Tsubasa, you guys don't have to fight; just let me DEM up a new mech for the Bouken dudes here. >>
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

Joe_Mello wrote:
Netto no Zen-Aki wrote:As for this episode, seeing Akashi was pretty cool, I kind of wish he would keep going after "Sasuke"/"Ninja Warrior". Saw him on there once.
Wait, what? When?! :shock:
I think it was in "Sasuke" 20. Hold on... Yep, "Sasuke" 20 and 21. Sadly, he failed both times in the first stage. T_T
hunter-urufu
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: If it cannot hatch from its shell, the chick will die without ever truly being born. We are the chick; the world is our egg. If we don't break the world's shell, we will die without truly being born. Smash the world's shell, for the Revolution of the World.

Post by hunter-urufu »

Where did Luka get "Secret Valuable" From what Akashi said? Is she just mis-understanding 'Precious'? I very much get the feeling that it's word play that I'm not getting because I don't speak Japanese.
I am a shadow....The true self....Knowledge is a burden for the strong...So what is your truth?

The dark bird who sees the truth from the cloud of the shadow! The All-knowing mind! Geki-Wing!
jolly_old_saint
Faiz
Favorite series: Gumby
2nd Favorite Series: Dengekibikifaizenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by jolly_old_saint »

...Was it ever properly implied that akared was dead? I mean...he's the embodiment of red, I doubt anything short of making the world colorblind will kill him.
Netto no Zen-Aki wrote: I think it was in "Sasuke" 20. Hold on... Yep, "Sasuke" 20 and 21. Sadly, he failed both times in the first stage. T_T
I saw one of those. Didn't the announcer say something to the effect of "NO, BOUKENREDDOOOO! THE HOPES AND DREAMS OF CHILDREN, CRUSHED!"

...Course, he also said that sort of thing for the fireman guy and bruce lee impersonators.
redwhitesentai
7X
Favorite series: boukenger
2nd Favorite Series: dekaranger
Dreamy: bouken pink
Quote: hmm.. I'll think about it
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by redwhitesentai »

very much enjoy this episode. as said, the episode closely ressemble anything from Boukenger, the forest and Bouken Red giving hand to female fellow adventure.... though Luca is a pirate.

I imagine if I am the script writer, writing a Bouken-type should be "easier" since the motive is easily copied... the precious hunting.

Bouken red is still actively into his job and not retired , as in other ex-sentai. No reference to SGS. Akashi pop up in Gokai galleon in breakfast time is awesome introduction. And Akashi cast in full episode. Aka red also close related to Boukenger since they fight together in the Boukenger movie.

Now with Gai present, I have a bad feeling the final wave and major fighting scene with feature previous super sentai will always with a team that have a sixth ranger... aka Zyuranger onward... PR-convertable footage.
AeonRanger
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Chou Sei Shin
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Actor?: Inuoe Masahrio
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: HENSHIN

Post by AeonRanger »

yay chief is back but i hate it what they've done in the movie by giving the gokaigers most of the grand powers without us being able to see it, still at least they used boukengers grand power. This episode really felt like an old boukenger episode with all the set designs and the traps and everything I really enjoyed this episode
Tensou - Let me count the number of your crimes
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

JumperPrime wrote:
archer9234 wrote:Well he did meet him when they where fighting, at the end. Akared could easily fake his death. We saw an explosion. With Marvy-chan escaping. He might be doing it to protect secrets. Or, is doing it, to make Marvelous a better person.
No, Akared faked his death so that Marvelous could become his own Sentai hero.
I said that...
Hears All
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Miu!!!
Favorite Actor?: Yumi Sugimoto
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider

Post by Hears All »

Another great episode. Gokaiger never disappoints. Akashi was great, this episode felt a lot like Boukenger. Can't wait for next week!
JumperPrime
Kamen Rider Club
Kamen Rider Club
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Wakana
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Bulletstorm
Quote: Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

Post by JumperPrime »

jolly_old_saint wrote:...Was it ever properly implied that akared was dead? I mean...he's the embodiment of red, I doubt anything short of making the world colorblind will kill him.
Netto no Zen-Aki wrote: I think it was in "Sasuke" 20. Hold on... Yep, "Sasuke" 20 and 21. Sadly, he failed both times in the first stage. T_T
I saw one of those. Didn't the announcer say something to the effect of "NO, BOUKENREDDOOOO! THE HOPES AND DREAMS OF CHILDREN, CRUSHED!"

...Course, he also said that sort of thing for the fireman guy and bruce lee impersonators.
For those who want to see Akashi(or at least his actor) take on the Ninja Warrior course, G4TV is gonna be broadcasting episodes showing the events of Sasuke 20 tomorrow morning, 7/26, at 9:30 AM EDT. I've already set my DVR to record it.
Silent_X
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Silent_X »

I do like that just because they got a power in the vs movie doesn't mean they can't do a tribute episode for that series.
Catastrophe wrote:Also, I think I'm going to get sick of the 'Gai transforming into the wrong group warrior' quite quickly. It was funny in the first episode, but if they keep doing it I reckon it'll get old.
Gai's not the one messing up. Everyone else is.
Except for the time when he became Kingranger, but that was because Marvelous gave him the wrong key.
I may be lying
Disclaimer: I do not endorse HeadOn; it is barely anything more than a stick of wax. I am simply using it as a Transformers joke.
archer9234
Faiz
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

Well...he was dumb enough to not notice it was King Ranger. Shinken Gold is VERY different.
JumperPrime
Kamen Rider Club
Kamen Rider Club
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Wakana
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Bulletstorm
Quote: Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

Post by JumperPrime »

archer9234 wrote:Well...he was dumb enough to not notice it was King Ranger. Shinken Gold is VERY different.
It was Gai's first time turning into another ranger, and from the way the team uses various atacks exclusive to teams and team members from days gone by, when they change into other sentai, the transformations have a mental aspect as well, the Gokaigers didn't know about the attack that needed all 6 Shinkengers until they'd already performed it. I think Gai, having no prior experience with the transformations, got caught in the wave. He DID realize quickly that it was the wrong ranger and got Marvelous to pull out the right key.
archer9234
Faiz

Post by archer9234 »

Yeah, after he already changed. You don't insert a key into a huge phone, close the lid, without noticing it's the wrong one. It's just not a believable goof. King is black. Gold is blue. Your eye would catch that. At least this also confirms that the button heads aren't needed for transformation. Because he pressed Golds head. But King still was used.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

I think y'all are overthinking it. He got KingRanger because it was funny. Everyone else went to Kakuranger because it was funny. Gai doesn't quite get it yet that no one else on the team knows jack about the teams they're becoming, so they'll probably make fun of the franchise repeating themes, like they did with Turboranger and Carranger, by having Gai be the odd man out here and there.

"Let's use martial arts!"
"OK!"
Gai is KibaRanger, everyone else goes Gekiranger
"I don't have one for that..."

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”