Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Re: Gokaiger 21 released

Post by toni2212 »

In the end, just let the wrong tranformation joke slip okay?

And remember, Gai is a Sentai fanboy to the heart, but had less key to use as the 6th Gokaiger. When he asked for them to assume ninja Sentai, he'd assumed they will know which ninja Sentai has 6th member. Too bad the rest of Gokaiger isn't a true Sentai fan like Gai.

Now I feel bad for those that didn't made it as 6th member, or even being recognised as Extra Hero (kudos to X1-Mask, Ninjaman)
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

dancercotillion wrote:I think y'all are overthinking it. He got KingRanger because it was funny. Everyone else went to Kakuranger because it was funny. Gai doesn't quite get it yet that no one else on the team knows jack about the teams they're becoming, so they'll probably make fun of the franchise repeating themes, like they did with Turboranger and Carranger, by having Gai be the odd man out here and there.

"Let's use martial arts!"
"OK!"
Gai is KibaRanger, everyone else goes Gekiranger
"I don't have one for that..."
Except Geki Chopper is his "6th". Another annoying wrong logic by Toei. Killer is considered, but Chopper isn't... Yes, I'm over thinking it. But the issue is that Gai is suppose to be "us", the fans. If I was handed King, I would of yelled at Marvelous (which has been done by Gai). It's funny with the Gokaigers. Since they know nothing. It looks stupid when Gai does something wrong. The Hurricanger/Kakuranger joke was perfect. No one screwed up. Gokaigers where right. Gai was right. Except he should of said "where is Ninjaman's key".
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

archer9234 wrote:
dancercotillion wrote:I think y'all are overthinking it. He got KingRanger because it was funny. Everyone else went to Kakuranger because it was funny. Gai doesn't quite get it yet that no one else on the team knows jack about the teams they're becoming, so they'll probably make fun of the franchise repeating themes, like they did with Turboranger and Carranger, by having Gai be the odd man out here and there.

"Let's use martial arts!"
"OK!"
Gai is KibaRanger, everyone else goes Gekiranger
"I don't have one for that..."
Except Geki Chopper is his "6th". Another annoying wrong logic by Toei. Killer is considered, but Chopper isn't... Yes, I'm over thinking it. But the issue is that Gai is suppose to be "us", the fans. If I was handed King, I would of yelled at Marvelous (which has been done by Gai). It's funny with the Gokaigers. Since they know nothing. It looks stupid when Gai does something wrong. The Hurricanger/Kakuranger joke was perfect. No one screwed up. Gokaigers where right. Gai was right. Except he should of said "where is Ninjaman's key".
From what I understand Abarekiller counted as 6th because he was fighting against abarangers first than joined them (much like dragon ranger and timefire) meanwhile Gekichopper was accepted into group and stayed together with them.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Also, Gekichopper was the 5th ranger. Since Geki started with a core unit of 3 members that expanded to five, it's a bit different from others of its generation, most of which have a core of 5 members and then add one or two others later. There's not really anything Gai can change into there since we've already seen the regular Gokaigers transform into all the Gekirangers. However, since Basco has opened up the possibility of non-member rangers, he might be able to transform into one of those, assuming they manage to get those Keys. Honestly I they'll keep Basco with quite a few keys so that he stays a viable threat until he finally gets defeated.
atilim
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Post by atilim »

Lunagel wrote:Also, Gekichopper was the 5th ranger. Since Geki started with a core unit of 3 members that expanded to five, it's a bit different from others of its generation, most of which have a core of 5 members and then add one or two others later. There's not really anything Gai can change into there since we've already seen the regular Gokaigers transform into all the Gekirangers. However, since Basco has opened up the possibility of non-member rangers, he might be able to transform into one of those, assuming they manage to get those Keys. Honestly I they'll keep Basco with quite a few keys so that he stays a viable threat until he finally gets defeated.

Oh Oh don't talk blasfimy now OK...Basco is a cool character which the actor has done a really good job portraying him.

We don't want a character like that reduced to a mere grunt now do we!!!

Screw Gay AND GO BASCO-CHAN
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

Lunagel wrote:Also, Gekichopper was the 5th ranger. Since Geki started with a core unit of 3 members that expanded to five, it's a bit different from others of its generation, most of which have a core of 5 members and then add one or two others later. There's not really anything Gai can change into there since we've already seen the regular Gokaigers transform into all the Gekirangers. However, since Basco has opened up the possibility of non-member rangers, he might be able to transform into one of those, assuming they manage to get those Keys. Honestly I they'll keep Basco with quite a few keys so that he stays a viable threat until he finally gets defeated.
Abaranger had 5. Gekiranger had 5. Killer was the last ranger (regardless of being good or evil) to join the show. Chopper was the last ranger to join the show. Killer is counted on his phone. Chopper isn't. There is no logic. Just like how Gosei Knight is counted as a 6th hero. But functions as a extra. Just like Signalman and Ninjaman. No logic. Go-on Wings gets a freebie. Go-on Gold is the "6th" ranger. But you can't break the team up. Hence why both are included. Bull Black is a total mess. He's counted as a extra. But really is Gingaman's 6th. Than the show itself gives Gai his key. Again, not damn logic.
Spoiler
Why is Zuuban counted as a extra in the 199 movie. But not Ninjaman, the other half of Dekaranger, and X1-Mask...
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Gekiranger is weird. If you want to be super spergy, Gou is the last to join the team... maybe? Or is it Jan? It's extremely unclear who gets that covetted status, even though Ken fits the best in terms of concept, having his own symbol and unique mecha.

Consider. Gou was to be given the GekiViolet equipment ten years earlier, but he vanished. That would make him the first intended, though he's the last to be given any of his stuff. Jan is for sure the last person to learn GekiJyuKen, since Ran and Retsu were already there and Ken had been off training the entire series before appearing. So who's the final Gekiranger? Jan or Gou? The argument for either is compelling.

Easier to say they're all one team, like JAKQ.
Niek
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Niek »

I had a nice explanation about why GekiChopper is not on GokaiSilver's head list. Then I found out that the same could be for AbareKiller. The only reason I can think up now, is that AbareKiller had to be conquered from Basco, like all the other rangers on GokaiSilver's dial display. And they needed GekiChopper for the GekiRanger episode.
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. - Douglas Adams
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

I like this episode a lot too. Was introduced to Akashi very early and felt like a Boukenger episode. His guest appearance is one of the best guest appearances so far this season. I really like how Gai wanted his autograph too. Gai really is different from the team. Lol...Also, I did get a kick out of Gai transforming in Shurikenger while the rest of the team transformed into Kakuranger. Goes to show who really knows the past teams in and out. I like the contrast of Shurikenger's suit with the Kakuranger too.
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

Logic was simple actually for abarekiller being only 6th ranger in a 5 ranger only show and it was because he was an enemy at the beginning. Most 6th rangers (either before or after gained power) started as either enemies (dragon ranger, abarekiller, timefire etc), strongly opposed to sentai (go-on wings, gosei knight, boukensilver etc) or totally out of sentais concept (shinkengold etc) For Goseiknight not being an extra but a 6th ranger comes from his transformation can combine with others mecha's. As far as I can remember ninjaman's transformed state (i think name was samuraiman) can't combine with any mecha, same goes with signalman, Bullblack and dekamaster's mecha's each had their mecha's seperate and not combined with others. Only Melee and Rio from extras had any combination with any mecha but they were not super sentai members to begin with. Dekaswan didn't even had a mecha. These are the ones I remember long story short just being in the team is not enough they should also have a combining mecha with other members mecha to be a 6th ranger and not just an extra.
redwhitesentai
7X
Favorite series: boukenger
2nd Favorite Series: dekaranger
Dreamy: bouken pink
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: hmm.. I'll think about it
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by redwhitesentai »

i think gekichopper not in Gai cellular because Gekichop is counted as core member. Toei then need to rely on Zuuban and the Rio/Mele as sixth and extra. this is not equivalent to abaranger but more similar to hurricanger + Gouraiger + Shurikenger
Niek
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Niek »

Greenstalker wrote:Most 6th rangers (either before or after gained power) started as either enemies (dragon ranger, abarekiller, timefire etc), strongly opposed to sentai (go-on wings, gosei knight, boukensilver etc) or totally out of sentais concept (shinkengold etc)
same goes with signalman, Bullblack and dekamaster's mecha's each had their mecha's seperate and not combined with others.
These are the ones I remember long story short just being in the team is not enough they should also have a combining mecha with other members mecha to be a 6th ranger and not just an extra.
Okay, GekiChopper can be considered strongly opposed or out of sentai's concept. He had a big huge blade as his morpher, couldn't summon his own animal spirit as his mecha. He even has a different name setup. It is not Geki[addColor].

Timefire is a 6th ranger on Gai's list and his mecha doesn't combine either, while GekiChopper's mecha does combine with the rest into SaiDaiGekiTouja or SaiDaiGekiFire.
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. - Douglas Adams
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

Niek wrote:
Greenstalker wrote:Most 6th rangers (either before or after gained power) started as either enemies (dragon ranger, abarekiller, timefire etc), strongly opposed to sentai (go-on wings, gosei knight, boukensilver etc) or totally out of sentais concept (shinkengold etc)
same goes with signalman, Bullblack and dekamaster's mecha's each had their mecha's seperate and not combined with others.
These are the ones I remember long story short just being in the team is not enough they should also have a combining mecha with other members mecha to be a 6th ranger and not just an extra.
Okay, GekiChopper can be considered strongly opposed or out of sentai's concept. He had a big huge blade as his morpher, couldn't summon his own animal spirit as his mecha. He even has a different
It seems you misunderstood what I mean by strongly opposed. I mean they were not enemy but not want to work together with them either (boukensilver may a little out of place as an example in there I admit) Gekichopper was practically begging to be accepted. For out of being sentai's concept I don't think so he took same training after all if you are going to count out him because his powers are different than you need to count out gekiviolet too. I can't say for sure about timefire since I didn't watched japanese version and only part of US version of that show but I think he is counted as sixth ranger because his suit looks awefully same as red time ranger instead of being an extra.

Also the original question in here was not why gekichopper is not a 6th ranger (since he is 5th) it was why abarekiller was a 6th ranger while gekichopper is not. I just said all other things how I think it fits with logic.
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

Very good Boukenger tribute episode, nice seeing Akashi again other than his movie appearance and we even bring back Ryuuwon. This episode reminded me alot of the Magiranger episode but with Marvelous learning the lesson. I like that they're still acknowledging the movie and that Akashi says they earned the Bouken powers fair and square. Also got a kick out of that pirated version of the Boukengers line that came out of Marvelous, that fit perfectly with the whole episode. Very fun episode.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
bowspearer
Go Go!
Favorite series: Boukenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dairanger
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by bowspearer »

I have to say that the one thing that let it down was the choice of manifestation for the Boukenger's Grand Power. If anything, it should have been Zuuban. After all, as a member of the team, he embodies the idea of "ancient high technology even more than Eiji's origins do and that as he has the ability to become a finisher, he just fits so much better as their grand power than the std finisher attack for Daibouken.

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”