Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Gokai 22 released

Post by takenoko »

A Joe and Gai episode. Joe doesn't have much range, but that's okay. He's the cool guy character.

Man, the Gokaigers spent a lot of time fighting outside their suits. That sort of doesn't make any sense in terms of practicality. I guess it's a nice break from the stuntmen fights.

So Goseiger, DaiRanger, and OhRanger this time.

It was funny to see them toss GouJyuJin into space. Just an okay episode overall.

Trivia:

So Kamikura-yama 神蔵山 not a real place according to Google. The name would mean "the mountain that holds God".

スターグル Staaguru 星(英:star)+手繰る(和:たぐる)?
The Japanese think this is Star and taguru (to pull a rope). I guess since he pulls in a planetoid?

About the big small planetoid thing. The thing is, in Japanese, the word for astereoid is literally minor planet. I've looked into this, and apparently a minor planet is the official is the more official term for it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minor_planet
Shou-wakusei 小惑星 【しょうわくせい】 (n) asteroid, (P)
Shou = small, wakusei = planet
Hence the confusion for Marvelous when he kept calling it a big minor planet

Some stuff that came up during QC:

05:58 could we also get a TL note on Gai's attack name

That's not an attack name, that's the weapon name. ZyuSouKen 獣奏剣 which would mean "Beast Dagger Instrument"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMSh76XKIXY

16:18 TL note on attack please / DT: It might be the name of the weapon, but could we add a TL note anyway for anyone who hasn't watched Dairanger?

Again, that's the sword's name. Byakko Shinken 白虎真剣 "White-tiger true-sword"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPiB9XB5_Jk

16:22 TL note please / DT: It's just the name of the weapon.
DaiRinKen 大輪剣 Means "Big Circle Blade"

16:59 TL Note for "Chouriki"?
Chouriki Sentai OhRanger, Chouriki means "super strength"
lordchaotic
Imouto Rider Club
Imouto Rider Club
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Boukenger
Dreamy: Luka
Favorite Actor?: Who overplays Gai?
Favorite Band: Maximum the Hormone
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Otaku
Quote: FTWBTWFY
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Re: Gokai 22 released

Post by lordchaotic »

takenoko wrote: 16:59 TL Note for "Chouriki"?
Chouriki Sentai OhRanger, Chouriki means "super strength"
Takenoko, No disrespect meant, but I think Chouriki is not "Super strength" but rather "Superpower". I acknowledge it could be either, but which sounds better: Superpower Squadron OhRanger or Superstrength Squadron OhRanger?

But back on subject, I love how Joe and Gai act so differently with the little kid. Gai cares to protect the kid's life, Joe, the kid's promise.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

takenoko wrote:Man, the Gokaigers spent a lot of time fighting outside their suits. That sort of doesn't make any sense in terms of practicality. I guess it's a nice break from the stuntmen fights.
Gokaiger's been making a lot of sucker punch to the viewers, takenoko man. People expect that with 34 Super Sentai power at their disposal, they'll be changing form like babies changing their diapers. But no, instead they present to us the most unexpected answer, "Fight in your civilian form, kaizoku-domo! Since we are going to make this showy"
Well,..... it's not like I dislike it. :D
neonkenji21
Infinity
Favorite series: DekaRanger
2nd Favorite Series: MagiRanger
Dreamy: Mele....
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: DekaRanger Cosplay!!

Post by neonkenji21 »

There was a thread a few episodes back, that was also discussing the fact that Gokaiger like fighting in their normal form, and then transform later...

I guess they want it showy when they fight, both as normal and as Gokaiger themselves.

Laughed a bit when Gai asked for Dinosaur sentai, he used Dragon Ranger, and Joe used Abare Blue, but they all got together when they transformed together.

This was also mentioned before, but I'd like to mention it again: they're not using their regular clothes because it's summer at Japan, right...?
Silent_X
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Silent_X »

So now that they have the encyclopedia(AKA a manual) are they going to go from Date to Goto levels of competency with their powers?
There were no transformation mistakes in that last battle.

Minor nitpick, but why did Gojyujin need to be thrown into space? It has a drill ship mode.
Maybe it is not spaceworthy? or fast enough?
I may be lying
Disclaimer: I do not endorse HeadOn; it is barely anything more than a stick of wax. I am simply using it as a Transformers joke.
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

Maybe transforming back would take too much time. I'm surprised they didn't make Magi Dragon do a bind, on the asteroid. Or use Patstrikers guns. It still bugs me when I see them use Knight. I always picture him yelling from inside the key.

PREVIEW
Spoiler
They really needed GoGoV's grand power in this episode. They dealt with space asteroids (meteoroid). It be funny if Gai mentions this.
Niek
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Niek »

Well, at least they aren't chasing the kid all over the place. I have to say that Marvelous has a strong pair of lungs, considering his sneeze. "Make it showy" is right after that Ohranger attack. Marvelous was the only one that breaks his movement while standing up right. The rest has to lower their CoM to the ground to break.

I think this time Joe was just messing with Gai when he picked the wrong ranger.
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. - Douglas Adams
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

He probably picked Abareblue over Triceraranger, for the Bunker shield. The Lance wouldn't of helped that much in this situation.
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

Not a bad episode, but it sure wasn't awesome. The action was nice and the mecha using a combination move was nice. But I couldn't care less for shotacon bromance...

Fighting without transforming is always cool and the way both the Gokaigers and the villains interact with each other is entertaining.

I think Toei will sell Gai's encyclopedia.

next ep
Spoiler
Girl Power episode + drag episode + greater power? It's going to be awesome.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Love the Abaranger reference when Gai did his robot finisher. Extended fanboyism to the max.
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

I enjoyed this episode. Sneezing Marvelous is funny. "Who's talking about me?!" with a dizzy Navi.. silliness.

Other than that, the MotW seems to me like he wanted to be a ninja with this handsign he kept making.

As for Gai/Joe working together, I think it was just pure coincidence that Joe went with AbareBlue because he liked the style of the suit. *Can't really say color scheme, both are white and blue!*

Next EP:
Spoiler
Oh, great, he's back again! Come on! What's the next thing that's going to pop out of that freaking monkey this time?! *sighs* Bosco just rubs me the wrong way. I like the trumpet ideas, but couldn't they have made the character less of a douche? Yay! Rio, Mele and Zubaan show up!

Hope for the future:
Spoiler
Oh well, eventually he should get his butt handed to him. Either by Marvelous or by the Zangyack. Just thinking out loud.
Silent_X
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Silent_X »

I thought it was funny seeing Gai use the gokaicelluar as an actual phone considering it barely looks like one.
I may be lying
Disclaimer: I do not endorse HeadOn; it is barely anything more than a stick of wax. I am simply using it as a Transformers joke.
clonex25
It's not even funny
It's not even funny
Favorite series: Maskman
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
My boom: mecha design
Quote: "Never explain yourself"

Post by clonex25 »

What a neat episode. I thought I wouldn't dig this and classify this as another 'meh' filler episode, but...

The fact that Gai and Joe has different views for the child in bicycle (that reminds me of a certain video game character who uses bicycles as a mode of transportation, anyone?) made it stand out.

The moral lesson that Gai learned... it's so true.

Legend Sentai Gokai Change:

Goseiger - aww, I missed them using the Tensoujutsu cards and everything... Also, I missed the Tribe Sounds so much, I'm wanting them to be added to my list of message alert tones...

Dairanger - I liked the way they made a lengthy airtime with KibaRanger...

Ohranger - I liked the way they made the six-man attack a bit classical...

PREVIEW:
Spoiler
It's cool to make a Greater Power and a Bas(t***)co episode at the same time. I wonder how it looks like.
jolly_old_saint
Faiz
Favorite series: Gumby
2nd Favorite Series: Dengekibikifaizenger

Post by jolly_old_saint »

Power Stone?

Wasn't the precious protecting thing last episode? More importantly, doesn't it take three power stones to transform?

Tokyo boy? Damn, but den-o reaches everywhere. Was that boy really a girl too?

A meteor! Quick, call Ci....oh right, he's an evil robot. And dead.

I agree with the message what says you've gotta man up and accept that a long bike ride will result in giant monsters rampaging. The conclusion didn't sit well with me, though, you can't get out of that without befriending Gamera or Godzookie.

Look up, look up, the sky is falling!

You're welcome, Yellow Dancer's fan.

Seriously, though, goddamned giant apocalyptic meteors! Ever since char's counterattack they won't let up...
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Its something ingrained in the japanese culture. Asteroids, meteors, colonies, whatever, blame Char.

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”