< Goseiger | Gokaiger | AkibaRanger >
Silent_X
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Re: Gokai 22 released

Post by Silent_X »

clonex25 wrote:What a neat episode. I thought I wouldn't dig this and classify this as another 'meh' filler episode, but...

(that reminds me of a certain video game character who uses bicycles as a mode of transportation, anyone?)
Paperboy?
I may be lying
Disclaimer: I do not endorse HeadOn; it is barely anything more than a stick of wax. I am simply using it as a Transformers joke.
Joe_Mello
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: The Iromonea

Post by Joe_Mello »

You know, for a guy who thought it was a good idea to run in front of a box truck, Gai seemed a little out of character this episode.

Also, the MotW sounds like that one comedian who think he's Jack Bauer. That's probably just me, though.
CarterSensei wrote:I wound up playing "Kaiju" for a group of 2nd graders who wanted to play sentai. I think I blew up.
Skull Rider
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Other rider series
Favorite Band: Maximum The Hormone
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: Funya~

Post by Skull Rider »

"I've learned one thing. Earth children are brats...". WTG Joe, teasing Gai like that, lol... And I think throwing the GoJyuJin is the best option, and less time consuming just like archer9234 point it out. If to detail it out, somebody with better understanding of science and physique can share it with us, but it will be to complicated for a kid show. Love the scene with Waruzu and the ship crews when he trying to save his day, LOL at Insaan.

Preview :
Spoiler
Again? I think we gonna get another two episodes arc. I wonder...
Completed : V3, Amazon, Black, Black RX, ZX, Shin, J, ZO, Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive, Ghost, Ex-Aid
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

I got a kick out of Joe transforming into AbaBlue while Gai went with DragonRanger. He must've like the powers that AbaBlue offered instead of a lance that ZyuBlue has. I'm liking these "screw-ups" when the teammates transform into a Ranger that Gai thinks they will transform too. It allows you the chance to see a 6th Ranger work with a Ranger from a different team. I thought the ending was nice as well. The boy had a goal and he didn't want to give up till he reached it. That's motivation right there and something for the kids to learn from.
redwhitesentai
7X
Favorite series: boukenger
2nd Favorite Series: dekaranger
Dreamy: bouken pink
Quote: hmm.. I'll think about it
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by redwhitesentai »

as less talk person, Joe is good at motivating... :lol:

I also like the idea of having ranger from different team but SAME theme play together. I like that Kakuranger + Shurikanger and actually thinking Zyuranger + Abaranger will be close next. So what next? Turboranger and Carranger (no sixth man) or maybe Geki + Dai....
LastLine
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Gimme some Umeko!

Post by LastLine »

I noticed on the splash that Gokaiger is spelt Goukaiger - is that intentional or a 'slip through the net' job?

But overall fun episode :) Loved seeing the Mech's appear towards the end over the boys head - loved that touch.
Silent_X
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Silent_X »

Skull Rider wrote:"I've learned one thing. Earth children are brats...". WTG Joe, teasing Gai like that, lol... And I think throwing the GoJyuJin is the best option, and less time consuming just like archer9234 point it out. If to detail it out, somebody with better understanding of science and physique can share it with us, but it will be to complicated for a kid show.
Of course the real reason is that the other options didn't require any sort of cooperation between Gai and Joe. Which was one of the reasons for the whole episode happening.

Transformation time can change for plot convenience. That wouldn't have been a problem.
I may be lying
Disclaimer: I do not endorse HeadOn; it is barely anything more than a stick of wax. I am simply using it as a Transformers joke.
Skull Rider
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Other rider series
Favorite Band: Maximum The Hormone
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: Funya~

Post by Skull Rider »

Good for you then, you've answered your own question. Yup, the whole series should explain why Gai asking Joe to throw GoJyuJin.
Completed : V3, Amazon, Black, Black RX, ZX, Shin, J, ZO, Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive, Ghost, Ex-Aid
DokiDoki Yukai
Adventure
Favorite series: Go-Onger
2nd Favorite Series: W, ToQger
Dreamy: Iwanaga Hiroaki
Favorite Actor?: Watanabe Mayu
Favorite Band: AKB48
My boom: Sailormoon Crystal
Quote: If you're determined to fight...let's see how strong you are.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by DokiDoki Yukai »

Skull Rider wrote:Good for you then, you've answered your own question. Yup, the whole series should explain why Gai asking Joe to throw GoJyuJin.
Hehe...yeah, I have to stop myself every once in a while from asking rational questions to toku out loud. True, they could have used other methods to kill the phlebotinum asteroid, but I guess they didn't want to have Gai sitting on his hands in the end. It's only a couple of episodes after his debut after all--besides he really didn't do much else this episode besides bitch at Joe and make his "Hah?!" face
Therm_Kitty
Gabu
Dreamy: Shotaro!

Post by Therm_Kitty »

I just wonder what that doomsday device was for. It clearly wasn't meant to be a raw power source. I hope it gets brought back up in a Gokaiger-exclusive plot instead of falling to the pit of "Bladerun did it" sideplots.
Netto no Zen-Aki wrote:Next EP:
Spoiler
Oh, great, he's back again! Come on! What's the next thing that's going to pop out of that freaking monkey this time?! *sighs* Bosco just rubs me the wrong way. I like the trumpet ideas, but couldn't they have made the character less of a douche? Yay! Rio, Mele and Zubaan show up!
I think he represents a kind of Sentai fan, just like Gai does. The guy who clearly isn't into the ideals or the plot or the mecha or the characters or the motifs and pokes holes in all 5, but still watches because it comes on before Rider/Cure and people make threads about it. The smug guy.

ED, no spoilers:
Spoiler
What was happening in that ED? This movie is going to be amazing whether I end up liking it or not, isn't it?
DREWdesu
7X

Post by DREWdesu »

chronoxiong wrote:AbaBlue offered instead of a lance that ZyuBlue has.
Correct name is TriceraRanger

Anyway the episode was decent. Great to see how tthis episode really shows how different the personalities are. I loved Marv's sneeze and definately the encyclopaedia. Gai made everyone's life so easier but I think the stone thing this episode really made the episode plain since we already have many things that could destroy the world already... and that stone thing had to make it look like everything could destroy the world.

Preview
Spoiler
Finally another episode that is focused on Ahim... and Luka. I noticed we don't get many Ahim-centric episodes. Can't wait to see this tribute
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

Gai should be thankful that Joe didn't turn in a Kyouryuger, just to blow his mind. Enjoyable focus on Joe, though i'm abit disappointed we haven't gotten any more interaction with him and Barizorg. Enjoyed seeing them fight untransformed, those are always enjoyable.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”