Silent_X
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Re: Gai Ikari's sentai knowledge

Post by Silent_X »

edriel13 wrote:
Ep17: (this is the 1st episode that i raised my question about Gai's knowledge) Gai knows all of the Gokaigers/alteregos, even they havent transformed in public,.

:?: How did Gai know all of this if Super Sentais in the past didn't transform publicly in the Super Sentai world?? Did they have a wiki for Super Sentai in the Super Sentai World?? :roll: :roll:
Well, The Gokaigers flagrantly introduced themselves to the world in the first episode.
Granted that group of people wasn't very big, but they could have told the news or something.

As for the rest, remember that it is tradition for a Sentai to lose their powers during the final arc of their show.
That is one opportunity for a team's identities to be revealed, and there is an unknown amount of possibilities after their show is over.

Plus all of their identities up to Magiranger were already known by at least some people by the time of Boukenger.(As shown in the vs special)

edit: Just thought of something else, the Super Sentai world has internets. I'm sure all sorts of rumors would end up on them.
I may be lying
Disclaimer: I do not endorse HeadOn; it is barely anything more than a stick of wax. I am simply using it as a Transformers joke.
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

how about he's a nerd. an otaku. and those two combined go to lengths unimaginable to find information
Barim
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: SS: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: KR: Ryuki
Favorite Band: Queen
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Barim »

In a way, the topic question reminds me of a Doctor Who episode. Perhaps several. As in universe, websites exists asking, who is the Doctor?, complete with listings of his appearances. As well as a moderate sized community keeping up with it. Sentai are much more in the foreground than the Doctor, so it would be understandable if entire online communities exist, keeping up with the exploits of the teams. Perhaps they're even a bit stalkerish and play paparazzi and interview known Senshi.
Spoiler
Once the Heron to set his path,
Twice the Heron to name him true,
Once the Dragon for remembrance lost,
Twice the Dragon for the price he must pay.
09MurphyM
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by 09MurphyM »

It's possible he's seen various battles of the previous sentai as a random bystander. Also, not all sentai have the "Secret Identity" Rule as some teams like Shinkenger changed while people were watching.
Sanyu
Infinity
Favorite series: Drive
2nd Favorite Series: KR Fourze
My boom: Too many to count.

Post by Sanyu »

True. If anything, though, it's best not to think about it too much, and remember the mantra for Mystery Science Theater 3000.
LonelySoldier
Gabu
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Ryukendo
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: AKB48
Quote: Being forgotten is much more painful than being hated...

Post by LonelySoldier »

Put it simply, Gai is a super sentai geek, and he learns it all from 2ch... :lol:

Btw, ShadowX7's theory is indeed interesting... :roll:
What I've learned from watching Kamen Rider OOO :
Don't be greedy, except for Bandai's stuff...
edriel13
Adventure
Favorite series: Boukenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Ayumi Kinoshita
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Favorite Band: Spongecola
Quote: "YOU influence the WORLD, never let the WORLD influence YOU"

Post by edriel13 »

watch the latest episode..

Even the kid knows GoGoV, hahaha!

maybe the public really has the knowledge about the past Super Sentais.. :lol:
Warrior of Zarona
!Wizards
!Wizards

Post by Warrior of Zarona »

It's really just one of those things where the public knows generally about the Great Legend War and those who fought in it, but Gai is super nerdy and possibly knows the little details that isn't so public.

Like how he knew about Gingaman's Lost Forest. I'm sure that's not very publicly known.
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

Warrior of Zarona wrote:It's really just one of those things where the public knows generally about the Great Legend War and those who fought in it, but Gai is super nerdy and possibly knows the little details that isn't so public.

Like how he knew about Gingaman's Lost Forest. I'm sure that's not very publicly known.
Not publicly known? I think you missed the painting book which Don used to identify forest.
Warrior of Zarona
!Wizards
!Wizards

Post by Warrior of Zarona »

Oh right, I forgot about that.

The picture book DID come from Gai, but I guess the picture book would have information on where they came from.

Maybe that's how the public knows some things? Through picture/coloring books for kids?
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

Shadow's theory actually makes perfect sense, except that (perhaps) Gai doesn't seem like the type that could keep a secret like that, at least not without the occasional slip... slips that he has yet to make, eight episodes in.

It could still work, I guess, if he wasn't privy to the fact that he's from another world. It could be that the spirit trio wiped that particular bit from his memory just to be safe.

Anyway, it's not 100% impossible that he learned all this stuff by just watching the news and whatnot. Plus, the existence and identities of some teams were always public knowledge to begin with.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

I have a theory... Super Sentai exists in a strange multi-cross section of reality in which the events from the show happen in a real world whilst and at the same time, is also a television series watched by those who are not part of the existing sentai's series allowing them to have knowledge of the events of Super Sentai save for those that they are actually a part of.

Or maybe it's just a show you should really just relax.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
The6thHero
There are four lights!
There are four lights!

Post by The6thHero »

Well the super sentai teams have been famous in japan for a number of years maybe its something he learned from people in his family who knew or were rescued from the previous teams.
Z-WolF
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Favorite series: Common Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Supah Sentai
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue

Post by Z-WolF »

ShadowX7 wrote:
ShadowX7 wrote:Gai is actually from another world, a world where Super Sentai is a children TV show.
One day after saving a child from a car accident in exchange for his life, his soul is taken to the Super Sentai world, where he is revived by Dragon Ranger and the other two rangers.
The condition given to him so he can stay alive and return to his world, is by helping the Gokaigers, but he have to keep the secret about him coming from another world.

It explains why he was so desperate to team up with the Gokaigers during his introduction episode.
Nah, I was just making this up.

Still, I think it would be interesting if it's true, even though it's obviously not.
yeah, but something still bothers me from some time ago:
1.- He was a huge sentai nerd/geek/fanboy before his accident and get a visit from the ghost of past sentai while he was comatose and when he wakes up a Gokai Cellular materialises on is hand.
2.- Every hissatsu of gai (except gokai super nova) have the word "dream" on it's name.
3.- Gai can affect the ranger keys "with is mind".
so my theory is:
Spoiler
gai never wakes up
i could say that what we see is the dream world of gai, but the fact that the gokaigers were introduced first, kills that theory, so i'll go with that the real body of gai is still on coma, and the gai we see is a form of astral projection from the will of the past sentai spirits (the ones who died), the great powers or even the great treasure itself
Xander Blaze
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: W / Kuuga
Dreamy: Tendou Souji
Favorite Actor?: Kikkawa Koji
Favorite Band: Tetra Fang
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: Ultimate

Post by Xander Blaze »

The reason his hissatsu have the word "dream" in it is because there's an illusion of previous sixth ranger / all three of his grand powers when the attack is used
天の道を往き、総てを司る!
Ten no michi o Iki, Subete o Tsukasadoru otoko!
Walking the path of heaven, the man who will rule over everything!

Yes, I'm back
Truthfully.
Disappeared since the end of Kamen Rider OOO

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”