2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Ayumi Kinoshita
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Favorite Band: Spongecola
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "YOU influence the WORLD, never let the WORLD influence YOU"

Gai Ikari's sentai knowledge

Post by edriel13 »

I was just curious about Gai's knowledge about the super sentai..

Take note: Gokaigers are living in a world where Super Sentai are REAL HEROES

Ep1: the teacher was knowledgeable that the Gokaigers (also transformed into Gorangers, Shinkengers and Magirangers) are part of Super Sentai who are the heroes in that world. So we can conclude that everyone in that world has knowledge that Super Sentai exists and save the world countless times.

Ep2: a boy has a possible super sentai grandfather as he said that died in the Legend War

Ep17: (this is the 1st episode that i raised my question about Gai's knowledge) Gai knows all of the Gokaigers/alteregos, even they havent transformed in public,.

Ep18: sure he met DragonRanger, Timefire and Abarekiller, if they're living in a sentai world, anyone should probably know them. But when Abarekiller henshin back to Mikoto Nakadai, i was shock that Gai knows ABarekiller's alterego! :shock:

Ep20: though i ddnt watch the full series of Gingaman, I am aware that they are living inside a secret forest (where Gai is also knowledgeable of except the exact place) and he also knew Hyuuga, alterego of Black Knight.

Ep21: And lastly, Gai also knows Satoru Akashi, alterego of Boukenred.

:?: How did Gai know all of this if Super Sentais in the past didn't transform publicly in the Super Sentai world?? Did they have a wiki for Super Sentai in the Super Sentai World?? :roll: :roll:
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Gai Ikari's sentai knowledge

Post by Lunagel »

Probably the same way Decade knew about all the other riders

Plot convenience!~
edriel13
Adventure
Favorite series: Boukenger

Post by edriel13 »

Lunagel wrote:Probably the same way Decade knew about all the other riders

Plot convenience!~

Decade knew the other Riders because he acquires some prior knowledge when he transfers to world per world..It's his talent..

But why Gai Ikari?? :x
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Gai probably saw it all on TV.
edriel13
Adventure

Post by edriel13 »

takenoko wrote:Gai probably saw it all on TV.

If he saw it on TV, then it contradicts that Gai Ikari is living in a Super Sentai World, right? :cry:

this gives me a headache everytime i think of it...
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

1) Its a TV show.

2) I'm sure that it had been mentioned that all Super Sentai were in the same continuity (cross overs, etc), it's not hard to believe that facts about them would be available, especially for fanboys.
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

Catastrophe wrote:1) Its a TV show.

2) I'm sure that it had been mentioned that all Super Sentai were in the same continuity (cross overs, etc), it's not hard to believe that facts about them would be available, especially for fanboys.

Also we don't know extend of legendary war. Its possible that all rangers may make their identity public knowledge one way or other since they don't have time to hide their secrets when zangyack attacked.
Therm_Kitty
Gabu
Dreamy: Shotaro!
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Therm_Kitty »

My pet theory is that, after the "real" events of each Sentai, they aired the events on the news. There tends to be a lot of collateral damage and possible world-ending catastrophes. It's not impossible that the teams have had to explain what had happened. From there, JDramas and tokusatsu could be made from the real headlines. Like how Superman comics occasionally exist in the Superman comics, but the events are a few storylines behind the actual comic. Gai could either be a fan of the original headlines or of the various adaptations.

I'd love for Gai to do a retort to "Legacy of Power" and be utterly confused by the Japanese Power Rangers SPD dub on TV.
ShadowX7
NagoSan
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Fourze, P4A/G
Quote: "Misunderstandings happens all the time, more so on the internet."

Post by ShadowX7 »

Gai is actually from another world, a world where Super Sentai is a children TV show.
One day after saving a child from a car accident in exchange for his life, his soul is taken to the Super Sentai world, where he is revived by Dragon Ranger and the other two rangers.
The condition given to him so he can stay alive and return to his world, is by helping the Gokaigers, but he have to keep the secret about him coming from another world.

It explains why he was so desperate to team up with the Gokaigers during his introduction episode.
"You count the medals, one, two, and three! Life goes on, anything goes, coming up OOO!"
Niek
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Niek »

Lunagel wrote:Plot convenience!~
I second this. Sometimes you should not look to deep into things.

They need a character to tell the whose and whats to the children. Because they weren't hjooked to the tube 35 years ago. The target demographic is probably 10 to 12 years. Which means that there is at least 23 years they don't know about.
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. - Douglas Adams
edriel13
Adventure

Post by edriel13 »

ShadowX7 wrote:Gai is actually from another world, a world where Super Sentai is a children TV show.
One day after saving a child from a car accident in exchange for his life, his soul is taken to the Super Sentai world, where he is revived by Dragon Ranger and the other two rangers.
The condition given to him so he can stay alive and return to his world, is by helping the Gokaigers, but he have to keep the secret about him coming from another world.

It explains why he was so desperate to team up with the Gokaigers during his introduction episode.

is this in the plot? maybe it's a theory.. :)
edriel13
Adventure

Post by edriel13 »

Niek wrote:
Lunagel wrote:Plot convenience!~
I second this. Sometimes you should not look to deep into things.

They need a character to tell the whose and whats to the children. Because they weren't hjooked to the tube 35 years ago. The target demographic is probably 10 to 12 years. Which means that there is at least 23 years they don't know about.
as i said im just curious, haha! if it is plot convenience, then no questions. let's enjoy the show!! :D
ShadowX7
NagoSan
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Fourze, P4A/G
Quote: "Misunderstandings happens all the time, more so on the internet."

Post by ShadowX7 »

edriel13 wrote:
ShadowX7 wrote:Gai is actually from another world, a world where Super Sentai is a children TV show.

is this in the plot? maybe it's a theory.. :)
Nah, I was just making this up.

Still, I think it would be interesting if it's true, even though it's obviously not.
"You count the medals, one, two, and three! Life goes on, anything goes, coming up OOO!"
atilim
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Post by atilim »

edriel13 wrote:
Lunagel wrote:Probably the same way Decade knew about all the other riders

Plot convenience!~

Decade knew the other Riders because he acquires some prior knowledge when he transfers to world per world..It's his talent..

But why Gai Ikari?? :x

Dude we are talking about a show which has super heroes...aliens that speaks Japanese and look like humans.

It has (giant) monsters, giant robots etc etc etc

And lets not forget about the super hero part again.

It's a fantasy story so it is just a plot convenience

And about Decade, I wonder how he could have no memories but still know allot of things about the world he visits.....

Don't over think this, even if people die it is still a children show.
Xander Blaze
Kamen Knight
2nd Favorite Series: W / Kuuga
Dreamy: Tendou Souji
Favorite Actor?: Kikkawa Koji
Favorite Band: Tetra Fang
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: Ultimate

Post by Xander Blaze »

Obviously, since sentai appeared on earth 35 years earlier, of course everybody knows about them. The thing about Toei shows is, they didn't focus on the public view on the hero. For example, everybody knows there's a being and a kaijin fighting every weeks without knowing it's actually OOO and Birth suddenly barged in but nobody cared cause the know him already. The only thing that disturb me is how they freely show themself infront of the guest actor of the week but never seems to transform in public, then again, everybody were busy running for their life.....
Though Goseigers put a hell lot of time making people forgetting about them
天の道を往き、総てを司る!
Ten no michi o Iki, Subete o Tsukasadoru otoko!
Walking the path of heaven, the man who will rule over everything!

Yes, I'm back
Truthfully.
Disappeared since the end of Kamen Rider OOO

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”