Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Goseiger | Gokaiger | AkibaRanger >
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Gokaiger 24 released

Post by Catastrophe »

Kajin eloping with a human.

I've seen it all.
MacrossDynamite7
That's so ridiculous
That's so ridiculous

Post by MacrossDynamite7 »

Sentai really seems to like the classical song Gymnopedie No.# 1 by Erik Satie!
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

friendlyquark wrote:Yeah, that had to be the most blase Henshin ever. They looked as though they were going to refuse to participate for a moment when the takoyaki seller was attacked, then they sort of sigh and transform.
I was wincing throughout most of the episode, but I have to admit that the first henshin got a solid laugh out of me. It's certainly not something you see every day.

As for the rest of the episode, if I see that once a decade, that will be more than enough. :?
Last edited by ViRGE on Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BLADEDGE

Post by BLADEDGE »

ViRGE wrote:
friendlyquark wrote:Yeah, that had to be the most blase Henshin ever. They looked as though they were going to refuse to participate for a moment when the takoyaki seller was attacked, then they sort of sigh and transform.
I was wincing throughout most of the episode, but I have to admit that the first henshin got a solid laugh out of me. It's certainly not something you see every day.

As for the rest of the episode, if I see that one a decade, that will be more than enough. :?

Remember, they have Health Insurance
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

toni2212 wrote:
NeoStorm wrote:
Haha, And they still haven't given a f*** to this day, not even in the first episode's ambush
:lol: I approve this message. :lol:
Not a single f*** was given since that day. Though I said it twice when the elopement scene aired.

Spoiler
Hmm, the most aging up Sentai actually? I never seen so much difference for a Sentai alumni before.
Speaking of that phrase, Marvelous still wants his freaking curry that was blown up! LOL!

This episode got some good laughs out of me.
Spoiler
1) Sleeping bad guy.
2) Gai pointing out that the guy is in trouble, bored look on the pirates.
3) Doc's Nut-ding.
4) Missing bad guys from Baddy HQ
5) Marvelous' and Joe's 'forced' thumbs-up *look on their face says "just go die, will you?"
6) Bad guy + troops "on Stand-by"
7) Doc's revenge for nut-ding
8) "I'm still alive."
9) GokaiYellow flicking Jealoushitto
10) GokaiBlue pulling Jealoushitto's nose
11) Goumin helping Damarasu with the "Grow-Gun"

Next episode looks nice.
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

That old lady was cruel. And the takoyaki seller wanting a rational kaijin as a pet.. wtf

Bringing Jeaolousit back was nice.

LOL @ Doc's role call and pose haha. And Joe was cool, but he was trying to hard.

I like how Gil and Insaan break the seriousness of the villains.

War propaganda in Sentai? never though I'd see that.

Message against prejudice was nice. After all, we are are also people from the space, which is what they call the aliens.

Man that ending cracked me up. Easily one of the funniest jokes I've seen in a toku. And the Gokaigers' reaction hahaha.

Next ep is going to be EPIC.

So far, Gokaiger has been awesome. Great action, comedy, characters and they didn't forget the plot.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

Hahaha, guess Marvelous still hasn't forgotten about his blown up curry. And Navi has become his punching toy. Classic.

Doc, how many roll-call can you mess up? that 1 is epic.
Silent_X
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Silent_X »

m4rc0 wrote: Man that ending cracked me up. Easily one of the funniest jokes I've seen in a toku. And the Gokaigers' reaction hahaha.
That was the best part of the episode to me.
It is not often that a Sentai plot surprises me, but this completely did.

I though one of three things was going to happen.
1. Jeloushitto was going to die(maybe after a second heroic sacrifice)
2. He was going to begrudgingly return to the Zangyac.
3. He was going to become the Takoyaki maker's apprentice like planned.

And it is not like the actual ending was completely random. It is not uncommon for future lovers in fiction to hate each other at first.
I may be lying
Disclaimer: I do not endorse HeadOn; it is barely anything more than a stick of wax. I am simply using it as a Transformers joke.
Lyra
Go Go!
Favorite series: OOO, Bouken, Go-bus
2nd Favorite Series: Gao, Geki, Gokai
Dreamy: Marvelous, Long
Favorite Actor?: Kamikawa Takaya
Favorite Band: JAM Project
My boom: Ikemen
Quote: ''Those who dream are human. Those who chase their dreams are Adventurers.''
- Akashi Satoru

Post by Lyra »

wait.... what?.... why?.... how??.... o.O''''

not really sure if this episode makes more sense than the Carranger episode....
Poor Jerashitto to be treated like garbage... but I must be crazy 'cause I thought that he was kinda cute this episode... o.O'' It was kinda weird to see him eat/brush his teeth because you don't expect it to happen, however... I can't say they did a bad job at the animation

Lol xD Marvelous still wants his precious curry xD
L-o-v-e-d the roll call while fighting! :D Joe being very cool and Doc being... well, Doc xD
and I could just tell all the other hillarious things from this episode but there I couldn't find a moment that wasn't funny so...

although.... the ending was waaaay too disturbing o.O'' now I really hate my imagination

Preview
Spoiler
awesome! :D really looking forward to some Hurricanger action!
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

toni2212 wrote:Hahaha, guess Marvelous still hasn't forgotten about his blown up curry. And Navi has become his punching toy. Classic.

Let's see, we are only at ep 24, and the average number is 50, and the serious episodes start about 40 or 41, so I'd say we have about 13 more times where he could possibly screw up a roll-call. *as well as 13 more times to get hit in the crotch.*
jolly_old_saint
Faiz
Favorite series: Gumby
2nd Favorite Series: Dengekibikifaizenger

Post by jolly_old_saint »

Mouths...moving! I'm like, so totally jealous...also, GARBAGE DAY!

Was that supposed to be a pun at the start, combining the food?

...That would never occur to me if I wasn't a fan of point-and-click adventure games.

I guess in the end, the lady's foolish picoponian heart warmed by his good teeth and flaming jealoshitty power.

...but didn't the carranger guy have fake front teeth?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbud8rLejLM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLltYjpxpwI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4_COOh4VXw
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/4408/thatoneguy.png
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O

Post by PHurricane »

The complaint about still not having eaten curry was nice, but I loved that Doc is wearing Marvelous’ bracelet and shooting darts with ease. Growth! And subtly acknowledged!

...Gai. Why did you transform before contributing to the conversation about what you want to eat? Is this going to be his new quirk - randomly using his Cellular before he does anything?

I think I read somewhere that the writer for this episode was the same as the CarRanger tribute episode, who was also the CarRanger head writer. I might have said it after the CarRanger tribute, but if this is typical of his writing, I'm very frightened to watch CarRanger. So, so odd. Some humorous moments, but mostly just strange. And that ending...

A couple things worked really well. Having the Gokaigers so low-key, whether it was (a) being unmotivated in helping Jealoushitto, not because they disliked him but because they knew it was more trouble in the long run than it was worth, (b) not even flinching when Sen-den and the Goumin rip open the doors in the middle of the negotiations, or (c) aside from Ahim and Gai, not being that upset when Jealoushitto "died". The animation of Jealoushitto's face was also neat. Slightly creepy, but impressive at the same time.

The cramming of the moral lessons into the episode (don’t be prejudiced, wash your hands, brush your teeth) was pretty funny from an adult's perspective. The fight choreography seemed top notch, as I've come to expect from this series. I really liked the flip Marvelous did over a pipe in the second big fight.

One thing that didn't work for me was the background music. It created an odd atmosphere. The other negative point of the episode was Gold Mode. It went from being overused to overkill this episode. What happened to the first or second finishing attack Gai had? Those were pretty cool looking and either would have nicely complemented the Final Wave from the other five.

Not a bad episode, but probably my least favorite so far.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

Netto no Zen-Aki wrote:
toni2212 wrote:Hahaha, guess Marvelous still hasn't forgotten about his blown up curry. And Navi has become his punching toy. Classic.

Let's see, we are only at ep 24, and the average number is 50, and the serious episodes start about 40 or 41, so I'd say we have about 13 more times where he could possibly screw up a roll-call. *as well as 13 more times to get hit in the crotch.*
Man, you are asking Doc to be hit at the crotch 13 more times??? I can't even stand 1, poor Doc...

I'm surprised that Ahim didn't ask Doc "Is your balls okay?". She likes to help people, and Doc's clearly in pain. As much as this episode is good, the producer is better not using this type of pattern much. Too much jokes and laugh will eventually make it lame and boring.

*Is it TimeRanger song that is played when they Gokai Change to TimeRanger?
jolly_old_saint
Faiz
Favorite series: Gumby
2nd Favorite Series: Dengekibikifaizenger

Post by jolly_old_saint »

toni2212 wrote:*Is it TimeRanger song that is played when they Gokai Change to TimeRanger?
Not at all. You might've noted by now that the veteran actors carry their themes around with them to lend in times of need. No cameo, so no cameo theme.

...Who had that animated gif from the first episode of dairainger, that one where the goon gets staffed in the crotch once and then several more times for good measure? I surely miss the days when no one cared for the well being of stuntmen.
redwhitesentai
7X
Favorite series: boukenger
2nd Favorite Series: dekaranger
Dreamy: bouken pink
Quote: hmm.. I'll think about it
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by redwhitesentai »

I dunno, a social problem between human and alien theme? :mrgreen:
I mean, this episode prepared us to accept that nothing is impossible in gokaiger.... :lol:

1. Doc dart throwing in the first second of the show... he is now improving or he is good as always?
2. Luka=sushi, Marvy=curry, Joe=chicken wing, takoyaki for Gai
3.that outdoor auditorium where Jeloushit and Master get chased to , similar to Shinkenger Special where ShinkenGold treat a Gedousho a sushi.
4. Doc shared his "pain stick" with Gai
5. top rank villains "absent" for headache and personal reason..lol

and a full team of Mega, Hurri and Timeranger. can't wait for next episode.

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”