Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Gokaiger 25 released

Post by takenoko »

We've got a trio of past Rangers in this episode. Very nice. And they kind of did something, towards the end.

The clip show at the beginning wasn't too terrible. Sundahl Jr. was cool, but the other monster was super obnoxious. Why did the super obnoxious one who has to be super obnoxious in every scene have to be the one to survive?

/me Bangs his head as he works on translating Saturakura's plan

Notes:
Sundahl サンダールJr. is obviously a copy and paste from the villain of same name in Hurricaneger. Since their group is called the Seven Spears, each of the members has a name that's based on a day. So Sundahl is Sunday. I don't really know if the dahl part means anything, I just saw that the romanization is spelled that way. Apparently it's a Swedish name?

Same deal with Saturakura サタラクラ Jr. His name is a combination of Saturday and sakura (cherry blossoms)

Saying "sanjou" or "kenzan" is a flashy way of announcing your entrance.

Fuuraimaru 風雷丸 is made of the kanji for wind (fuu), rai (thunder) and maru (round). Note that maru tends to be the suffix of names of weapons and such, like Hayatemaru or Shinkenmaru. It's just what the Japanese do for a naming convention.

I left hissatsu ougi since it sounds cool. I'm sure you know by now that hissatsu is "sure-kill technique" and ougi is "top-secret technique".

As for the technique name itself, it's 磔手裏剣 Haritsuke Shuriken. Shuriken just means a throwing star and is made of the kanji for "hand" "under/reverse" and "blade". I don't know if there's a kanji or if it's enough to just have the hari 磔 cover the haritsuke, but it's a kanji that apparently is only used to mean crucifixion. It's just funny since with a different kanji, haritsukeru means "to stick to a surface".

If you've never seen Hurricaneger nor never heard their theme song, shushu is a sound word. Like the sound of ninjas darting through the air or of shurikens flying. Shushutto just means to do something with that sound. It's just such a Hurricaneger thing.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: Gokaiger 25 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

Why couldn't we get Furabiijo Jr. and/or Wendinu Jr. to appear instead of Satarakura Jr. instead? It does seem that Marvelous, Joe, and Luka tend to make the other past Sentai teams a bit standoffish towards the Gokaigers. I think Gai was trying to use the lesson that Bull Black taught him when he refused the Hurricanegers their Ranger Keys.
CrimsonJoker
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Decade
Dreamy: Natsumikan
Favorite Actor?: David Tennant
Favorite Band: Gackt
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Doctor Who

Post by CrimsonJoker »

I was incredibly annoyed by the villain. Its similar to the problem with the villains in PR Ninja Storm (ironically enough), as pointed out by Linkara: if your villain is used for bad comic relief, you never feel intimidated. You just feel annoyed and confused that he's so powerful.

Now, as for the episode itself I got into it. Maybe I'm giving it an extra point because they finally revealed what we got in the movie. The ninjutsu was at times kind of weird but it did occasionally crossover into crazy awesome and we're in a unique predicament. (4/5)
Image Image
Image Image
09MurphyM
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by 09MurphyM »

I noticed that compared to the other episodes that are two-parters, the gokaiger weren't beaten that badly.
09MurphyM
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by 09MurphyM »

so the rangers now have 22 powers unlocked. I wonder what power they'll get after this one.
Lyra
Go Go!
Favorite series: OOO, Bouken, Go-bus
2nd Favorite Series: Gao, Geki, Gokai
Dreamy: Marvelous, Long
Favorite Actor?: Kamikawa Takaya
Favorite Band: JAM Project
My boom: Ikemen
Quote: ''Those who dream are human. Those who chase their dreams are Adventurers.''
- Akashi Satoru

Post by Lyra »

Nice episode! :D but that Satarakura Jr. annoys me to no end! -.-''
Btw, was Sundahl Jr. voiced by the same actor as Bat Li from Gekiranger? :S

Gai's lessons are so much fun to watch, it's great to see him using all those poses.
The fights were great, especially when they traded places with Doc and Ahim :)

Next week looks fun xD
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

The Hurricanegers definitely looks older. At first I was worried of how they are going to get all 34 Grand Power in 40+ episode, but now there's only 12 left for 15+ episodes. We can expect a 5 episode to be turned to finale arc (make sure to get rid of Waruzu Gil first)
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

Awesome to see the Hurricanegers, even if at times they felt a little...off? I can't put my finger on why it felt like that. They were even pretty nice and reasonable about their request to have their Ranger Keys back. Regardless, it was nice to see Gai, being the token Earthling of the team, to be the one sticking up for the Gokaigers' right to keep the Keys.

It was an enjoyable episode overall. The puns and references to Hurricaneger (still working at the jobs they had in the series, Nanami's song on the radio, etc.) were all neat. Neither villain bugged me much.

Looks like HurricaneBlue gets the nice distinction of being the only character to meet the three official anniversary teams face-to-face. Wonder if we'll see her again in 5 years. Speaking of which, is there a toku or toku-like franchise that Nao Nagasawa hasn't appeared in? I recently finished Ultraman Max, and I thought I was imagining things at first when she popped up on screen.
PaiZuri4lyf
Adventure
Quote: I 1st made an account JUST to ask about the GoKaiger/Go-Onger/Goseiger movie June 11th 2k11

Post by PaiZuri4lyf »

How does Saturaka Jr annoy people for only 2 episodes and Happy-go-LUCKY Gai is perfectly fine to be a permanent member out of nowhere?
Isnt it OK to have a villian be out of the norm once in a while?
Niek
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Niek »

Overall it was a pretty hilarious episode, which I enjoyed very much. A lot of hilarity, mostly at the expense of Luka. Those expressions from Luka and Joe at the mention of the test were priceless.

One of the enemies was pretty annoying, however for one or two episodes it can be fun to watch. I am more bored by how lame and annoying Waruzu Gil is. Am I wrong in thinking that the enemies for a previous sentai episode are nothing more than patched up reused previous enemies of that particular series? Well at least when they are hunting for a grand power the particular enemy gives me deja vu. Although in this episode it was really obvious.

You could see it coming that this would be a two episoder story arc, by how late the interaction between the two teams started. Nanami looks just as gorgeous as the last time I saw her :wink: Come to think of it, that was KR Accel movie.

Preview:
Spoiler
Nice a ranger team up episode. We don't have to wait for the VS or 199 movie to be released.
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. - Douglas Adams
CrimsonJoker
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Decade
Dreamy: Natsumikan
Favorite Actor?: David Tennant
Favorite Band: Gackt
My boom: Doctor Who

Post by CrimsonJoker »

PaiZuri4lyf wrote:How does Saturaka Jr annoy people for only 2 episodes and Happy-go-LUCKY Gai is perfectly fine to be a permanent member out of nowhere?
Isnt it OK to have a villian be out of the norm once in a while?
I still get kind of annoyed by Gai.
Image Image
Image Image
atilim
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Post by atilim »

I still get kind of annoyed by Gai.
I wish (the character of course) the same faith as the sentai that gave him his power :P

I think my problem with him is the guy that plays him because I recently saw him in a different show ''Hanazakari No Kimitachi e'' 2007 special and he even pisses me of their.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Was hoping for a bait and switch Shurikenger gag with another Sentai alumni. Alas, one can dream.

Also, I suppose there goes my hopes for a KakuRanger crossover. Hurricanger is still pretty cool though.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

There's still hope for a Kakuranger crossover. The Gokaigers haven't acquired their Grand Power yet.
Silent_X
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Silent_X »

Ah.. nothing like an episode of Gokaiger to brighten up my day.

Gai's "lecture" at the begining wasn't really about Super Sentai history.
It was just a review of what powers they had. Kind of disappointing/

Looks like someone is making Super Sentai toys in this universe.
The kid at 7:30 had Joint Gattai Series Dekaranger Robo and MagiKing.
Phoenix512 wrote:There's still hope for a Kakuranger crossover. The Gokaigers haven't acquired their Grand Power yet.
Even if they had, the Boukenger episode proved that they can still do a tribute even if they got the power in the team up movie.

edit: I kind of wish Gokaiger would do a Sentai version of Power Rangers Dino Thunder's ""Legacy of Power"".
Boukenger and Goseiger sort of already did it, but those were extra things. I want an episode dedicated to it.

I normally do not like clip/review episodes, but when you do it for a 35 year old series it gets kind of epic.
I may be lying
Disclaimer: I do not endorse HeadOn; it is barely anything more than a stick of wax. I am simply using it as a Transformers joke.

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”