Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Gokaiger 26 released

Post by takenoko »

I like the weapon switch between Joe, Don, and HurricaneYellow where Don ends up with nothing.

Oh hey, it's a beloved reunion with Sid... oh wait, this isn't a Joe episode so there's none of that here. That's... sorta lame.

The joint attack between the two reds is pretty good.

Hate to say it, but the shine on Gold Mode has kind of worn off.

The Japanese wordplay really shines here.

But some of the "puns" aren't even really that. They're just regular Japanese terms that seem weird if you scrutinize them. Like:
Jigoku-mimi 地獄耳 【じごくみみ】 (n) sharp ear, long ears
This is the kind of thing we joked about back in college. It's such a bizarre term, but all it really means is that one has really good hearing.

Or Shirimochi 尻餠 【しりもち】 (n) falling on one's backside (behind, bottom)
Just butt+mochi

Dongaragashaan ドンガラガッシャーン I guess this is a net term that's just an onomatopoeia to represent onomatopoeia
http://dic.nicovideo.jp/a/%E3%81%A9%E3% ... C%E3%82%93

Just to cover all grounds mugen 無限 means "infinite" or literally "unlimited". But you probably knew that, you're a smart boy. I trust you.

Some Hurricaneger stuff:
Hayatemaru 疾風丸 The name of their sword. Hopefully you guys remember my explanation about -maru. Hayate just means "Hurricane" and I believe the main Hurricaneger group are from the Hayate School.

In the Hurricaneger series, the ranger team were referred to as "legendary successors" 伝説後継者. To see them pass that title along was really nice.

I also found this funny comic while looking up something someone in QC said
http://homepage1.nifty.com/keidora/hcara/jus/juss4.html
It's a comic that crosses over Hurricaneger with JustiRisers. Translation in the spoiler tags:
Spoiler
Title: Legendary Successors

First Panel:
Shurikenger: Hey, you-tachi look like Hurricanegers!

Kabuto face: They sort of do, now that you mention it.

Kuwagata face: Plus the blue one is also a girl, Aniki.

Second panel:
Riser Glen: Hurricanegers, eh?

Third panel:
HurricaneRed: So I'm HurricaneRed. Yeah, I see our colors are pretty similar.

Fourth panel:
HurricaneBlue: I am HurricaneBlue. I help out as a fellow ninja warrior.

Fifth panel:
Riser Gant: So that means I'm HurricaneYellow...

Sixth panel:
Gant: I don't want to be this plain guy!

Kageri: Hey, calm down.

Glen: Don't worry, you don't resemble him.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Re: Gokaiger 26 released

Post by PHurricane »

I never figured out what felt off with the Hurricanegers in the last episode, but whatever it was went away because they definitely felt like themselves this episode. Their personalities really shone through during the pun quiz with Satarakura Jr. (Maybe they didn't smile enough last episode. They all have really contagious smiles.)

That team-up battle had some hilarious moments. As usual, Doc has more memorable moments than the rest of the team combined. The way that Doc stood around looking at all of the HurricaneYellow doubles was funny, but that was easily dwarfed by him (a) losing one weapon during the exchange, and (b) substituting a leafy tree branch for his his missing sword. Oh my gosh. That was priceless.

The only thing that topped that was Gai talk-singing part of the Hurricaneger theme song, in time with the music.

Hurricane Gokai-Ou had a nice debut. I couldn't believe they had it do the Hurricaneger pose - the one with the lunge and outstretched hand. Pretty cool.

Very heartwarming to hear Yousuke bestow the title of legendary successors on the Gokaigers. Also nice to see the teams part on such a positive note.
09MurphyM
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by 09MurphyM »

I think my favorite part of the battle was the final wave.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I can't believe its taken half the series to get a crossover of this magnitude.

Hopefully, it isn't going to be the last. While the cameos and life lessons by previous heroes are nice, this has definitly set the bar.

Was hoping for a Shurikenger gag though. Oh well.
Joe_Mello
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: The Iromonea

Post by Joe_Mello »

Nekomimi Ahim makes the internet go splort.
Catastrophe wrote:I can't believe its taken half the series to get a crossover of this magnitude.
Spoiler
I have to imagine the VS movie is pretty intense, even though it's just with the Goseigers.
CarterSensei wrote:I wound up playing "Kaiju" for a group of 2nd graders who wanted to play sentai. I think I blew up.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Yeah, but you'd expect that of something like a movie.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Good ol Hurricangers... So Kabuki, so silly XP
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
DereklBarona
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz/W
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: When in doubt, Rider Kick.

Post by DereklBarona »

Yeah, this episode was definitely VS movie quality with how good the team-up was. Also, the way Ahim just so casually threatened to take the keys back at the start made me laugh.
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

This was a pretty good episode. Didn't mind much of the puns but the actions and reactions were silly. I was wondering how they were going to get Saturakura Jr to say the magic word, and I was laughing when it happened and
Spoiler
"BOOM!"

Next episode seems very interesting. POOR DOC!
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

Seeing Ahim talking big ans making threats that peacefully was interesting.

Man, this ep was awesome. They managed to do the pirates x ninjas everyone wanted to see. And it was during the series. It was a good crossover. Both teams looked cool and the hurricangers had a big role, even if they were just extras.

The cat ears killed me too.

Hurricanger seems like a lot of fun. I want to watch it nao.

I think next ep is going to be very funny too
Spoiler
Doc with Ankh's hair? And Mao is also very cute playing a meek character.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Wasn't expecting this kind of a teamup this late in the series but I am pleasantly surprised. You definitely got the Hurricanger flair in this ep, and I just hope they can do a few more of these kinds of episodes, though I think we've just about run out of teams. It's a pity, especially since I think they could have done wonders with some of the more recent shows, considering Hurri is almost 10 years old and it's highly unlikely any of the kids watching Gokai have seen it.
TG23
Gabu
Dreamy: Hell Wolf-kun
My boom: Killing You Guys

Post by TG23 »

I have to agree about Ahim. It was pretty neat having her say they take back the keys by force if they had to. Acknowledging their need for help but supporting Gai's opinion at the same time. A nice pirate mindset. I also agree with Lunagel. Seeing how well this episode worked, it a shame that they couldn't do the same with more recent sentai series. I'm pretty interested in why they chose Hurricaneger. Odds are the main actors were just available but still like to hear the reasoning behind it. But it was great episode and I loved seeing the Hurricanegers return and it was cool to see how they would get their powers back now that they were in key form. Definitely makes it easier for other sentais to show up and suit up. I also couldn't hold back a smile hearing the Hurricaneger music play. And I couldn't help imagining Hurricane Blue saying "Bitch please!" when she gets up and uses her ninja art. And for some reason the moment when the girls get taken down was so cool. Now if only the Shurikenger was here too (since he is just a VA). Although I don't know if canonically he's alive or dead... "I am Ninja of Ninja!"
OMAETACHI, KOROCHU!
ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM
Faiz
Favorite series: Garo/Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Kabuto/Blade
Dreamy: Takanashi Rin
Favorite Band: Too many to list
My boom: Gundam
Quote: We're not tools of the government or anyone elses. Fighting was the only thing i was good at, but at least i fought for what i believed in.-Gray Fox

Post by ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM »

Wow they played pretty much the full instrumental theme from Hurricanger.....that was wicked! As was the updated transformation/roll call for them.

Good to see Insann and Barizorg join the fight (especially Insann). Guess Joe will eventually struggle to fight Sid later on when the ball is back is in his court for a focus.

Hurricane Gokai Ou was awesome, now people have a new mecha to complain about aside from Shinken Gokai-Ou :lol:
We Begin The Armed Intervention with Gundam
remolay
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Wizard's Costume
Favorite Actor?: Simon Pegg
Favorite Band: Queen
My boom: Babylon 5
Quote: There's a hole in my neighborhood down which of late I cannot help but fall.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by remolay »

Well, this was fun.

Was Hurricaneger really this weird? I never would have guessed from the way Ninja Storm portrayed it.

Epic battle at the end, wow. That was awesome and I loved it

Ahim with cat ears = even cuter than ever.

This in the end will probably be my favorite episode aside from the Carranger one.
Well I guess I'm not a pirate anymore now that img limits exist.

Help I can't help finding every yellow ranger cute
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

Ninja Storm. With Lothar and cheesy puns? That Ninja Storm.

When Hurricanger was strange, it was strange. But when it got serious, it got serious.

Shurikenger is probably the worst offender, IMO anyway.

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”