It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Wizard's Costume
Favorite Actor?: Simon Pegg
Favorite Band: Queen
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Babylon 5
Quote: There's a hole in my neighborhood down which of late I cannot help but fall.
Type: INFP Healer

Re: Gokaiger 27 released

Post by remolay »

DokiDoki Yukai wrote: (And sure, him stroking his thighs was weird before, but now we're doing the bunny ears? Really? )
He always does that as his pose at the end of the rollcall. It just got misplaced, it seems.
Well I guess I'm not a pirate anymore now that img limits exist.

Help I can't help finding every yellow ranger cute
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

m4rc0 wrote:"Were those foreigners older super sentai members?"

Oh Ahim...
Maybe this line was a in joke. Referencing MMPR. They did write out the original trio into a peace conference.
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

Silent_X wrote: Keep in mind how non-asians are portrayed on these shows. We're generally used as comic relief unless there's a point to the character being foreign, like the world leaders in this episode. It's going to take a while before Japan moves on from "it's funny because they're white." At least we got a female Red, so... yay for progressivism in Japan?
To be fair, both Jiraiya of Kakuranger and Ken of Gekiranger were played by Americans. Japanese Americans, but natural born US citizens none the less. It's my understanding that to many Japanese, they're considered just as foreign. I'm sure that I, even with nearly all of my ancestors hailing from the British isles, would probably still be viewed in a similar manner by Englishmen and Irishmen.

Jiraiya's "foreigness" was only poked fun at on occasion, and I wasn't even aware that Ken was played by an American until long after the show ended because it's never mentioned or alluded to (unless you count the Christmas episode, but the irony of the language barrier between Ken and Carl is only apparent if you know about the actor's nationality).

I guess my point is that they don't always stick foreigners in just because they're foreign.

But you're right, racial sensitivity in Japanese media leaves much to be desired. On the other hand, I'm sick of how PC everything has to be in my country. You can't say anything about anyone, intentionally or not, without somebody getting their panties in a bunch. I'd hate to see Japan go to that extreme.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O

Post by PHurricane »

Huh. NinjaBlack I was aware of, but I never knew that about about Ken's actor. Interesting.

Biogirl, I'm so glad that Luka-as-Doc's styling reminded you of Philip as well. He had the hair swept away to one side, the hooded vest-shirt that drapes down loosely - he just needed a barrette and he would have been set.

I can’t help but think that Doc’s actor enjoyed a little payback on Luka’s actress for constantly getting to shake him or elbow him.

Overall, it was a very enjoyable episode. Luka and Doc's actress/actor did a good job of taking on the other's mannerisms, which made the switch believable.

The jewelery store manager - that’s the human villain from Climax Deka, isn’t it? It even looked like he was wearing the same outfit. If that's not the same guy...wow. They could pass as twins.
Joe_Mello
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: The Iromonea

Post by Joe_Mello »

archer9234 wrote:
m4rc0 wrote:"Were those foreigners older super sentai members?"

Oh Ahim...
Maybe this line was a in joke. Referencing MMPR. They did write out the original trio into a peace conference.
Or, maybe since Gai is incredibly proficient in sentai knowledge, and the other rangers don't know any better, it was a reasonable question to ask.
CarterSensei wrote:I wound up playing "Kaiju" for a group of 2nd graders who wanted to play sentai. I think I blew up.
TexasRed
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Luka
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
My boom: Sentai in general
Quote: "Tenkagomen no Samurai Sentai; SHINKENGER!"

"FANFIC!" *take a shot*

Post by TexasRed »

Either one seems a good option. I liked the Luka had Doc's hair in the episode, for the most part anyway.
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

To me, he looked like Long from Gekiranger. :lol:
AeonRanger
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Chou Sei Shin
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Actor?: Inuoe Masahrio
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
My boom: HENSHIN

Post by AeonRanger »

i was wondering when they'd pull the old switcharooni on our heroes it was funny though but why when boys become a girl do they always go for the boobs first. hmm i've never heard of those world leaders before they don't look familiar to me. an okay episode i guess perhaps the morale of this story is always take good care of your body.
Tensou - Let me count the number of your crimes
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

This was a funny episode. I enjoyed it as the funny scenes were really funny with Luka and Doc doing great jobs of playing off each other. We finally see some character development for Doc too. Now we know that he really cares for his teammates and doesn't want to hurt their bodies. Also, he can't talk to girls. Poor guy, I was like that before too.
friendlyquark
7X
Favorite series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Bruce Banner
Favorite Actor?: Jet Li
Favorite Band: Imogen Heap
My boom: writing
Quote: Ca va, go-busters?

Post by friendlyquark »

And yet, despite everything, we've still got nada as far as backstory for Doc goes. What is he the long lost son of the Emperor? Is he a Time Lord with amnesia?Come on! Throw us a freaking bone here!

Other than that, I actually really loved this episode. Luka makes a better guy than Doc does, nice. I almost wish Doc had kept the hairstyle. I also suspect he tries on the clothes in the privacy of his room. LOL
shadowcake8102
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by shadowcake8102 »

I kinda like sweet, innocent Luka. She's cute like that.

Gil's plans have gotten a boost in intelligence lately, despite them not working. Must've learned from that whole Jealoushitto business....
Gokaifan
Go Go!
Favorite series: gokaiger
Dreamy: Doc
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Japan
Quote: Never go to bed angry, stay awake and plot your revenge.

I fight evil wherever it may be... except in dark, scary places.

Post by Gokaifan »

friendlyquark wrote:And yet, despite everything, we've still got nada as far as backstory for Doc goes. What is he the long lost son of the Emperor? Is he a Time Lord with amnesia?Come on! Throw us a freaking bone here!

Other than that, I actually really loved this episode. Luka makes a better guy than Doc does, nice. I almost wish Doc had kept the hairstyle. I also suspect he tries on the clothes in the privacy of his room. LOL
I don't know if this would count as a spoiler, so I'll put it in spoiler tags just in case. It's something I found on Jefusion. It doesn't reveal a background but...
Spoiler
Niek
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Niek »

For a body switch episode this one was actually decent. It is not what I call a fun plot devise, because it is hard to make it enjoyable. But they did good work with this episode.

Seriously, Hurricane Gokai-Oh is the most lowsy Grand Power ever. It rates even below Carranger's. I hope they stop using it fast.
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. - Douglas Adams
myman88
Gao
Location: Closer to Japan than the common TVN person, but still so far away.

Post by myman88 »

Looking at Luka's and Don's interactions with each other, (more on Luka's part) I get the feeling like Luka treats the younger two crew members like siblings. Like for Ahim, she's the little sister she constantly dotes on and assures her well-being over just about everything. For Don, it feels like that little brother she has much fun in tormenting and making fun of, but still cares about him, but tries to hide it as much as she can.
friendlyquark
7X
Dreamy: Bruce Banner
Favorite Actor?: Jet Li
Favorite Band: Imogen Heap
My boom: writing
Quote: Ca va, go-busters?

Post by friendlyquark »

myman88 wrote:Looking at Luka's and Don's interactions with each other, (more on Luka's part) I get the feeling like Luka treats the younger two crew members like siblings. Like for Ahim, she's the little sister she constantly dotes on and assures her well-being over just about everything. For Don, it feels like that little brother she has much fun in tormenting and making fun of, but still cares about him, but tries to hide it as much as she can.
I have to agree with that. Lika's got the Onei-san vibe going with both of them. Since we've seen here as the leader of a group of kids (orphans?) in some of the flashbacks, it makes sense.

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”