Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Goseiger | Gokaiger | AkibaRanger >
09MurphyM
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Re: Gokaiger 28 released

Post by 09MurphyM »

Wes wrote:
Ryousha wrote:Great release, Black Condor is one damn of a player.

it makes me think that Ikari Gai is also dead... becausethe three fallen Sentai Warrior appeared before him and they gave him his GokaiCellular, it's like maybe he's dead and can't see other fallen people and he's on a limited lifespan like Burai?
I starting to believe that too.. Let's not talk about rumors or even posting pics that are obviously spoilers. Two week ban.
It could also be for Sid Barnick/Barizorg, If he actually is turned back to normal in the Liveman tribute.
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

Didn't like it. They spent too much time making Black Condor look cool and too little on the lesson he was supposed to give.

And I don't know why Gai couldn't see him, since he had already seen 3 ghosts...

Also, that kaijin was too cool to go down in one ep.
lesovikk
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Sexy Voice and Robo
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
Dreamy: Marika Reimon
Favorite Actor?: Ayumi konoshita
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Photography

Post by lesovikk »

Thoughts(and a few nitpicks) in bullet form:
-Wow, this reminded me of the time Jetman was shown dubbed in local tv. I think its a really good episode, just felt it was kind of fast, like I was expecting it to be drawn out more (if only by five to ten more minutes).

-Maskman and Bioman? pretty sure that was for the older fans. xD

-Yuuki Gai seducing and winning at poker against kami-sama. BAMF

-I wanted to hear the Jetman theme though.

-It is quite jarring to see Yuuki Gai's Black Condor then, almost immediately, Don.

-Seems like dead sentai members dont need their transformation trinkets/ranger keys to transform.

-If Gai knew where the former Jetman are working, why not go after them earlier?
Mystery King of know-nothingness, thats me!
Image kudos to morgan-lamina for the stamp <3
Silent_X
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Silent_X »

Sorry to all his fans, but Jetman Gai did not leave a good impression on me.
He seemed cool for the most part, but the "all women belong to me" line was really sleazy.

I have a hard time respecting someone who thinks that way.
I may be lying
Disclaimer: I do not endorse HeadOn; it is barely anything more than a stick of wax. I am simply using it as a Transformers joke.
Lyra
Go Go!
Favorite series: OOO, Bouken, Go-bus
2nd Favorite Series: Gao, Geki, Gokai
Dreamy: Marvelous, Long
Favorite Actor?: Kamikawa Takaya
Favorite Band: JAM Project
My boom: Ikemen
Quote: ''Those who dream are human. Those who chase their dreams are Adventurers.''
- Akashi Satoru

Post by Lyra »

Nice Episode!

The new SuperHero Time looks good, but it will take some time to get completely used to it.
I'm not familliar with Jetman but it seems like a pretty good tribute to me :)

This episode had a nice, dark feeling to it, also very good to see some character development for Marvelous. Especially at the end when Yuuki Gai told Marvelous that's it's his job now to protect the blue sky :) :)
And the funny moments were just made for loving xD like when Joe and Doc were tangled and how Gai was the only one who can't see Yuuki Gai xD (Personally, I think it's because Ikari Gai has nothing to learn from Jetman)

Spoiler
Let's not talk about rumors or even posting pics that are obviously spoilers. Two week ban.
Last edited by Phoenix512 on Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Editing out spoiler/rumor talk but no ban for you
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

If you have no familiarity with Jetman, at a minimum this episode probably left you scratching your head. If you have seen Jetman, this episode probably set a record for (significant) series and character references along with settling a decades-long controversy among fans about what exactly happened in the last episode. That’s pretty impressive.

Biggest disappointment with this episode was the villain. I would expect the so-called “best bounty hunter” in the universe to finish a job and take a bounty after he took his targets down. Even Basco knew to do that much! Granted, I can see the logic behind his explanation of increasing the value of the bounty, but it seemed like a cop out.

That lingering shot on the yellow flowers right before Marvelous stumbled onto Gai’s grave was interesting. I’ll try to be vague to avoid explicit spoilers, but wasn’t it in Boukenger that the presence of yellow flowers was a hint to a character’s past?

Luka continuing the penalty fine on Gai for touching her was cute. And Gai...I’m not sure that you should be calling the Jetman eccentric when you’re walking around singing their theme song. Speaking of the theme, I was hoping to hear the Jetman theme during the final battle, but it probably would have disrupted the mood that had been set.
jolly_old_saint
Faiz
Favorite series: Gumby
2nd Favorite Series: Dengekibikifaizenger

Post by jolly_old_saint »

Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirdmaaaaaaaaaaan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...That said, swell episode. It had manliness, g-g-g-ghosts, and sexist g-g-g-ghost manliness.

...C'mon, he's from a different time, the early 90s. I was there, it was totally cool and charming to be sexist around then. We had bigger concerns like the gays and the gaydophiles and the gay media. All of them too damned happy, for the laughter nothing was getting done.

...Right, the show. I think gangan gingin giro man couldn't see the g-g-g-ghost because said g-g-g-ghost wouldn't let him. He must've bore some grudge for some reason against silver types.

...Tease the show's theme and not use it. That's not trendy at all...
09MurphyM
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by 09MurphyM »

jolly_old_saint wrote:Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirdmaaaaaaaaaaan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...That said, swell episode. It had manliness, g-g-g-ghosts, and sexist g-g-g-ghost manliness.

...C'mon, he's from a different time, the early 90s. I was there, it was totally cool and charming to be sexist around then. We had bigger concerns like the gays and the gaydophiles and the gay media. All of them too damned happy, for the laughter nothing was getting done.

...Right, the show. I think gangan gingin giro man couldn't see the g-g-g-ghost because said g-g-g-ghost wouldn't let him. He must've bore some grudge for some reason against silver types.

...Tease the show's theme and not use it. That's not trendy at all...

What are you even talking about?
remolay
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Go-Busters
Dreamy: Wizard's Costume
Favorite Actor?: Simon Pegg
Favorite Band: Queen
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Babylon 5
Quote: There's a hole in my neighborhood down which of late I cannot help but fall.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by remolay »

Silent_X wrote:Sorry to all his fans, but Jetman Gai did not leave a good impression on me.
He seemed cool for the most part, but the "all women belong to me" line was really sleazy.

I have a hard time respecting someone who thinks that way.
Yeah, he was like that in Jetman. He wasn't the most respectable person, he was even accused of cheating at cards. He did have his values. He must have, or he wouldn't have finally gave in and become the black condor.
Well I guess I'm not a pirate anymore now that img limits exist.

Help I can't help finding every yellow ranger cute
redwhitesentai
7X
Favorite series: boukenger
2nd Favorite Series: dekaranger
Dreamy: bouken pink
Quote: hmm.. I'll think about it
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by redwhitesentai »

what...? what ...??
a ghost and heaven theme? with God and liquor arround? I love Gokaiger! :lol:

for a place as crowd as Japan I always imagine their graveyard to be minimal and neat. But the Gai Yuuki cemetery place looks big and spacy.

love his Macallan whisky.
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

I think I know why Gai couldn't see Gai. It was to explain to why Gai didn't go to him with Killer and the others. Because he's dead too. He should of been with them. So in return, he's invisible to Gai. I like this tribute episode. It kept the hardship of Gai's death. And of course his constant player status with women. The items left at his grave from Ryuu, Ako, Raita, and Kaori where a really nice touch.
DarkRobin
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by DarkRobin »

FINALLY!!!!!!

JETMEN!!!!!

Jetmen was the very first Sentai I ever saw. I'm glad this episode basically acknowledged their speicality through Gai's comments, that they are different among all Super Sentai. However, it's just not right to call them eccentric.

Picking Gai, the Black Condor as Jetmen's representative seemed a little strange when they showed the last preview. Because the finale of Jetmen strongly implied that Gai died. Ryu, the Red Hawk might have been a better choice as the representative. Gai and Ryu were the strongest fighters of Jetmen, but Ryu, he wasn't just the leader of Jetmen, he was truly the heart of the team.

Seeing Gai after so many years has definitely been exhilarating. But sad at the same time as they finally confirmed his death. Interestingly, they used his death to strengthen Jetmen's specialty.
He also kept all his hobbies, womanizing, playing cards, saxophone, wines, driving motorcycle. Death has not changed the Black Condor at all. Even the transformation pattern stayed the same.

As great as they make Jetmen's powers be, they should have also let the Gokaigers use other weapons of Jetmen, the wing gauntlets and wing beams. I recently had been rewatching some Jetmen episodes, and whenever they overwhelm an enemy, those weapons were always in the play, so it would have made more sense for Gokaigers to utilize them,

Kiaidou's appearance and status as a bounty hunter may seem very much like Star Wars character Bobba Fett. But I think he is also like Grey, a member of Vyram, who was a robot, and the rival to Yuki Gai. Kiaidou being all red is like rebuilding Gai and Grey's rivalry with Marvelous.

It was also spectacular that they used Jetmen's phoenix attack. It was an technique that Jetmen themselves only used once in their final battle with Radiguet, so it's appropriate to be Jetmen's grand power.

Most importantly, the true heartwarming aspect of this episode is even without the appearance of other members of Jetmen, you could still feel their presence with the grave scene. Although I wish it had gone a little differently, this episode is way beyond great!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by DarkRobin on Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
remolay
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Go-Busters
Dreamy: Wizard's Costume
Favorite Actor?: Simon Pegg
Favorite Band: Queen
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Babylon 5
Quote: There's a hole in my neighborhood down which of late I cannot help but fall.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by remolay »

Man, I really need to watch more Jetman.

You know, even if he did play sax in the series, it still felt really random at the end of this episode.
Well I guess I'm not a pirate anymore now that img limits exist.

Help I can't help finding every yellow ranger cute
DarkRobin
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by DarkRobin »

remolay wrote:Man, I really need to watch more Jetman.

You know, even if he did play sax in the series, it still felt really random at the end of this episode.

Well the episode did overplay it by focusing too much on Gai. The saxophone playing ending is kind of needed to include all of his hobbies.
jolly_old_saint
Faiz
Favorite series: Gumby
2nd Favorite Series: Dengekibikifaizenger

Post by jolly_old_saint »

09MurphyM wrote:What are you even talking about?
If you have to ask you'll never know. That's the sort of answer I'd give were I to believe it, but I don't so I'll say I'm prone to go on about nothing. Also to defend pointless things in a way that people tend not to follow anyway. Its probably for reasons I'd explain if I could, though of course I can't since to do so would further the confusion. Good thing I keep myself in the dark about that, though, else I wouldn't be able to answer to your question.

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”