Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Re: Gokaiger 28 released

Post by dancercotillion »

jolly_old_saint wrote:Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirdmaaaaaaaaaaan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I believe you meant to say...

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATCHAMAN!
D-MOBB
There are four lights!
There are four lights!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Escape-Misaki Ayame
Favorite Actor?: Tommy Lee Jones
Favorite Band: The Hives
My boom: Super Sentai
Quote: I only come in one flavor...ME!

Post by D-MOBB »

BEST...EPISODE...EVA!!!! I just felt so much gravity coming from it, pulled me right in! Jetman is pretty awesome!
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

DarkRobin wrote: Picking Gai, the Black Condor as Jetmen's representative seemed a little strange when they showed the last preview. Because the finale of Jetmen strongly implied that Gai died. Ryu, the Red Hawk might have been a better choice as the representative. Gai and Ryu were the strongest fighters of Jetmen, but Ryu, he wasn't just the leader of Jetmen, he was truly the heart of the team.
He got picked to clear all the confusion after Jetman's finale. Some said he's merely faint, others said he's dead. I believe the director strongly choose Gai due to this.

And let's face it. when us viewers know he's dead, we'll be questioning of how Black Condor and the rest of dead Sentai member (DragonRanger, AbareKiller, TimeFire) can appear in the Legend War. The director gives the damn answer already: Beat God in a card game and ask to go to Earth to drink wine. :D
Skull Rider
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Other rider series
Favorite Band: Maximum The Hormone
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: Funya~

Post by Skull Rider »

Finally, got to watch this episode! I think, most Malaysian (yeah, I'm a Malaysian) whose their childhood around 90's couldn't have miss Jetman series, alongside with Flashman and Maskman.
Spoiler
Unrelated but it's there around 90's - Gavan, Ultraman Ace, Ultraman Taro, Cybercop and Kamen Rider Black
. Really enjoying this episode, really enjoying the original Jetman series. Thanks Tv-Nihon for the great job.
Completed : V3, Amazon, Black, Black RX, ZX, Shin, J, ZO, Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive, Ghost, Ex-Aid
swb90
Go Go!

Post by swb90 »

Let me say this to start...Man...God is p-r-e-t-t-y =p...
that aside, I really like this as it shows Marvelous's vulnerable side...I was starting to think he didn't really fear anything.
Never watched Jetman but I like the Gai dude...he's cool~
Ultravinc
Gao

Post by Ultravinc »

Great episode. I felt a little bit nostalgic when I saw Gai. Jetman was a really great serie with super characters especially black and red. The villians were very good too. I recommand it to you guys who didn't see this serie, probably one of the best super sentai if not the best.
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

Biogirl>I think we all need to take a moment to appreciate this image:
Spoiler

Even the Goumin are stunned by the beauty of that kick. That is a kick a Rider could be proud of.

Speaking of Rider, when Kiaido first appeared, the red feet and red gloves made me think "Oh god, don't tell me the Riders invaded the Sentai world again!? CURSE YOU DECADE!" But then they showed Vava's face and seeing Marvelous' face filled with fear was an interesting touch since he mostly shows anger, especially at Basco. So, would his battle with Kiaido be after the betrayal of Basco and before Joe joined the crew or was it during a mission AkaRed sent him on by himself? Interesting concept there, don't you agree?

TBustah!>
Spoiler
They're doing Abaranger after all?!?! Maybe we'll get Zyuranger too! I wouldn't say no to a Timeranger ep, I've been enjoying that one so far as well. I'm just still hoping they'll find time to squeeze in Dairanger, preferably with a grown-up Kou.

I would laugh so hard if they did that. I'd feel sorry for him with Luca's penalty fine.
Robotdoll
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by Robotdoll »

lesovikk wrote:Thoughts(and a few nitpicks) in bullet form:
-I wanted to hear the Jetman theme though.
You did - Gai was singing it in the background. I liked the idea that he knew so much about the teams, he knew their theme songs.

Black Condor, dead, is cooler than any sentai member alive. Like Kamen Rider Skull, who I would totally watch a whole show of.

Was hoping Jetman would get a showcase episode, and helladid they.
friendlyquark
7X
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Bruce Banner
Favorite Actor?: Jet Li
Favorite Band: Imogen Heap
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: writing
Quote: Ca va, go-busters?

Post by friendlyquark »

If you've seen the original series, the "Golden Gate" bar is where several key scenes between black and red occur. the gifts left for Gai reference episodes of the series, as well as the fact that many of Gai's lines are directly from the show, or paraphrases from it. Gai's whole line about "all women belong to me" was obviously bravado, since his luck with women is rather iffy in the show. :P

All in all a pretty darn awesome tribute episode. While I would have liked to see the others, we do know some about their lives from the final episode and other things are better left to fan fiction, neh?
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

Joe_Mello wrote: Since Yuki's purpose was to teach the Gokaigers courage in the face of danger and Ikari already went 8 rounds with a box truck, there's no point in appearing to him.
By that logic, the villains shouldn't have been able to see him either...
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

I liked this episode a lot. I never saw Jetman so I dont understand the references but thought Black Condor was pretty cool. It looks like he was a ghost which explains why Gai couldn't see him. Or is it because Gai is an Earthling which was what he mentioned at the end. Anyways, I enjoyed the action here and was impressed with Black Condor's kicking. I've always liked Jetman's suits so I think their suits still hold up well today.
KamenGamer
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: Henshin
Quote: I think therefore I am

Post by KamenGamer »

omg it's that bounty hunter from star wars boba fett it's nice to see some older sentai transforming into their sentai forms and the henshin animation is still the same with a hd remaster. No gattai grand power for jetman though just a send off and that's it.
JumperPrime
Kamen Rider Club
Kamen Rider Club
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Wakana
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Bulletstorm
Quote: Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

Post by JumperPrime »

TBustah! wrote:
Joe_Mello wrote: Since Yuki's purpose was to teach the Gokaigers courage in the face of danger and Ikari already went 8 rounds with a box truck, there's no point in appearing to him.
By that logic, the villains shouldn't have been able to see him either...
The bad guys needed to be able to see him so they'd know who was kicking their asses. It's not manly to fight an enemy if you're completely invisible to them.
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

I guess so, but it still doesn't make sense to me.

I'm sure there must be some more deeply rooted reason than that. I'd sooner buy the "Ikari Gai is Dead" theory before that, at least it makes sense in the continuity of the show.
Hears All
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Miu!!!
Favorite Actor?: Yumi Sugimoto
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider

Post by Hears All »

I frickin loved this episode. I want to watch Jetman so bad now, and Gai Yuuki is just a badass

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”